Shirt beggers- the scourge of modern football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some lovely results this week. That nob head who let his son run on the pitch the other day at Spurs has been banned for three years…..as has the boy 😂

Hopefully he grows up to hate his old man for what he let him do. Great result.

Then this last night

When are people going to teach kids to have some respect for themselves rather than putting them on TV with shit home made signs?

Proper cunts

Some lovely results this week. That nob head who let his son run on the pitch the other day at Spurs has been banned for three years…..as has the boy 😂

Then this last night

When are people going to teach kids to have some respect for themselves rather than putting them on TV with shit home made signs?

Proper cunts

Think the ban is harsh especially for the boy. That being said shirt begging is an appalling development. If I had the talent to be a footballing God I think I would deliberately give the shirt to the kid next to him.

Think the ban is harsh especially for the boy. That being said shirt begging is an appalling development. If I had the talent to be a footballing God I think I would deliberately give the shirt to the kid next to him.

The rules are clear. You invade the pitch you get a ban. I was even thinking twice before the last game at the lane. I waited until there was enough on before I thought “fuck it, they can’t ban us all”

I think shirt begging is a bit pathetic actually, it just seems a bit crass to me. The last couple of times I’ve been to watch Spurs there have been a few kids with begging signs in my section. They were all after Sonny’s shirt.

Then this last night

Proper cunts

Couldn’t agree more.

Horrible part of the modern game and society.

Used to be really nice to see a player give their shirt to a kid in the crowd after the game but the signs need burning.

Then this last night

Proper cunts

That chap looks like hes in early teens. Not exactly a child either

The rules are clear. You invade the pitch you get a ban. I was even thinking twice before the last game at the lane. I waited until there was enough on before I thought “fuck it, they can’t ban us all”
I was the same, I was tut-tutting the supporters that initially went onto the pitch, then realised the stewards were helping some people with mobility issues. You've never seen me move so fast, and I managed to get to the half way line, grabbed some of the turf and then went back to my seat :)

Then this last night

Proper cunts

Surely the old man who tried to use his crutch to snatch the shirt out of mid air and stop the kid getting it is is the absolutely worse cunt and needs to die in a fire.

I don't see a problem with kids holding up a sign asking for a shirt. I guess the real problem is why on earth do the TV companies think people at home really want to see these kids holding up the signs

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with kids holding up a sign asking for a shirt. I guess the real problem is why on earth do the TV companies think people at home realty want to see these kids holding up the signs
The coverage encourages it though along with parents who don't know any better.

On a more positive note, is it just me or are half and half scarfs now a bit less of a thing than a few years back? Maybe just as we're not getting as many tourists come to think of it

Back
Top Bottom