Shirt beggers- the scourge of modern football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate this phenomenen.

It has to be disintegrating to the whole relationship between players and supporters. Players always have to be on the defensive.

I really don't like this development - the 'I want, I want' generation strikes again.
It's the parents that are the one's making these huge placards and forcing their kids to wave em about.

I don't think a six-year-old has much conception of making placards.

The shirts will be straight up on eBay within a week.

I really don't like this development - the 'I want, I want' generation strikes again.

It's the parents that are the one's making these huge placards and forcing their kids to wave em about.

I don't think a six-year-old has much conception of making placards.

The shirts will be straight up on eBay within a week.
I agree about the parents but it wouldn't surprise me if the youngsters aren't begging parents to make signs ;)

I agree about the parents but it wouldn't surprise me if the youngsters aren't begging parents to make signs ;)
Sure, I just get a bit tired of being frequently told that my entire generation is full of scrounging beggars. (I'm in my late 20s).

Anyway, if that is the case it's still the parent's fault for going along with it, they should take some responsibility for their children.

Sure, I just get a bit tired of being frequently told that my entire generation is full of scrounging beggars. (I'm in my late 20s).

Anyway, if that is the case it's still the parent's fault for going along with it, they should take some responsibility for their children.
And my generation are moaning old biddies who live in the past :)

I much prefer the vid of the little girl calling to sonny and waving at him. He returned her wave and she was made up. Much more wholesome than begging a shirt. Sums sonny up as well. Love him,just wish his of late form would improve.
It's on the spurs official insta if anyone wants to see it.

Last edited:
I much prefer the vid of the little girl calling to sonny and waving at him. He returned her wave and she was made up. Much more wholesome than begging a shirt. Sums sonny up as well. Love him,just wish his of late firm would improve.
It's on the spurs official insta if anyone wants to see it.
Yeah. Doesn't cost anything to smile & wave, does it? I like the way our players do that. Dele and Sonny are always top blokes in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom