Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember the feeling you had when modric was leaving? Or bale/berbatov/Carrick/walker etc? I remember thinking "oh great, what the hell are we gonna do now?"
With Dele being rumoured to move on, I don't have any cares or feelings about it. A decent fee would be a plus I guess

The reality is that we have loads of players in his position/s and he isn’t good enough to start at the moment. In an ideal world we’d keep him and use him as backup/hope he improves. But seeing as we can expect a pretty hefty transfer fee and we’re in dire need of defensive reinforcements it might make sense to sell him to finance them.

The reality is that we have loads of players in his position/s and he isn’t good enough to start at the moment. In an ideal world we’d keep him and use him as backup/hope he improves. But seeing as we can expect a pretty hefty transfer fee and we’re in dire need of defensive reinforcements it might make sense to sell him to finance them.

Not sure that's true tbh.... I'd suggest a rehabbed Dele might, but a stalled version not so much.

If Jose isn't keen to have him around then I think a loan would be good.

For those who are behind the idea of selling, is it because of where he is rumoured to be going? What if we sell him to Man City or Liverpool? After all, PSG are one of the strongest teams in Europe and if they want him, surely there’s still a -layer there. Certainly enough of a player that we don’t want him coming back to haunt us.

I never wanted to be in this situation but he’s lost that fire he had and i suspect because fame etc. has changed him. Im not sure he can get it back. Would love it if he could but its up to him to sort it out. Thereis nomoretine so its now or never and if never then sell while we can get a decent wedge. Shame.

For those who are behind the idea of selling, is it because of where he is rumoured to be going? What if we sell him to Man City or Liverpool? After all, PSG are one of the strongest teams in Europe and if they want him, surely there’s still a -layer there. Certainly enough of a player that we don’t want him coming back to haunt us.
Trouble is, can we see him being anything more than he has become? Has he had long enough and enough chances to reverse the decline in his output with us? Is holding on to him cutting off our nose to spite our face? Personally I've just about given up hope that anything can bring him back to his former glory with us. There was the new manager bounce after José called him out, but he's flatlined again since then.

Maybe one last chance with the new boys, but if he doesn't get back some of the old sparkle we knew him for then I would say it's probably best to let him go. No matter where he ends up. And good luck to the lad.

Obviously, would always prefer outside of the PL. The thing is that Dele going to United or someone else wouldn't scare me. Maybe he just needs a change to rediscover his fire, but I just don't see it happening so going somewhere else in the league doesn't really make me nervous right now.

This surely shows how finely balanced a top professional footballer's career is. Not so long ago it would have been unthinkable to imagine him no longer at Spurs and yet here we are with only 25% thinking he should still be at the club when this window closes.

I chose the loan option thinking maybe, just maybe, it would be the catalyst he needed to reinvent himself. I must admit that after reading your posts I am becoming more and more inclined to think a sale would be the better choice for everyone concerned.

Trouble is, can we see him being anything more than he has become? Has he had long enough and enough chances to reverse the decline in his output with us? Is holding on to him cutting off our nose to spite our face? Personally I've just about given up hope that anything can bring him back to his former glory with us. There was the new manager bounce after José called him out, but he's flatlined again since then.

Maybe one last chance with the new boys, but if he doesn't get back some of the old sparkle we knew him for then I would say it's probably best to let him go. No matter where he ends up. And good luck to the lad.
Obviously, would always prefer outside of the PL. The thing is that Dele going to United or someone else wouldn't scare me. Maybe he just needs a change to rediscover his fire, but I just don't see it happening so going somewhere else in the league doesn't really make me nervous right now.
I do think we give him a last chance this season to prove he can get his mojo back. He’s not going to play every match and only needs a few good performances to be worth no less in the summer as he is now. Still contracted till 2024, so we shouldn’t lose too much value in taking a punt.

Him coming back in a City or United shirt terrifies me.

A lot of conjectures here, as we don't know enough about the finance and what's going one behind the scenes. Anyway, for me we should keep him this season and see if the competition makes him a better player or not.
But: if we selling him would mean sorting out our defensive midfield by signing another player, then we should make the sacrifice

This is a good point but it matters if it fits a trend of bad performances. If 60 games of shit is what you desire then be my guest. But you don't have to take your sadness about Dele leaving out on me.

:mourfinger:
There aren’t 60 games of EL qualifiers.
I said I don’t care how we win in the EL qualifiers.
That’s 2 games.

A lot of conjectures here, as we don't know enough about the finance and what's going one behind the scenes. Anyway, for me we should keep him this season and see if the competition makes him a better player or not.
But: if we selling him would mean sorting out our defensive midfield by signing another player, then we should make the sacrifice
Errrrm, so which way did you vote ?

Back
Top Bottom