Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a lot of speculation. How on earth do you conclude he thinks that way?
I know the documentary cannot be taken too much as a guideline but to me he did come over in that as a somewhat immature individual using his boyish charm to try to impress his team mates and manager. His media posts too always seem to illustrate someone who is reluctant to accept the fact he has to grow up.
I realise he's still a relatively young man but I just don't see a person willing to devote the time and effort required to make it to the top as a footballer in the same way that Son does for example. He relies more on his personality than his ability to carry him through and now under Jose he's getting found out.
Just my opinion of course but there it is.

I know the documentary cannot be taken too much as a guideline but to me he did come over in that as a somewhat immature individual using his boyish charm to try to impress his team mates and manager. His media posts too always seem to illustrate someone who is reluctant to accept the fact he has to grow up.
I realise he's still a relatively young man but I just don't see a person willing to devote the time and effort required to make it to the top as a footballer in the same way that Son does for example. He relies more on his personality than his ability to carry him through and now under Jose he's getting found out.
Just my opinion of course but there it is.
You may be right. Personally I think it's a hell of a jump from seeing him on that documentary and seeing his twitter posts etc and concluding from that that he'd rather be on a reality show than a professional footballer.
Judge his performances as poor, by all means, but making guesses about his personality and motivation seems very harsh to me.

You may be right. Personally I think it's a hell of a jump from seeing him on that documentary and seeing his twitter posts etc and concluding from that that he'd rather be on a reality show than a professional footballer.
Judge his performances as poor, by all means, but making guesses about his personality and motivation seems very harsh to me.
As I said, just my opinion. He certainly has given no indication by recent performances that he's trying to knuckle down to life as a premier league footballer. Time will tell.

As I said, just my opinion. He certainly has given no indication by recent performances that he's trying to knuckle down to life as a premier league footballer. Time will tell.
Anyone who has played sport will have experienced times when you’re so desperate to play well, probably more desperate not to play badly, that you get so anxious about it. It’s easily to spiral in that situation.
It’s never quite as simple as - buckle down and as a result you play well again.

Some good examples with golfers. Once they start losing it they never get it back. It doesn’t mean they’re lazy or have a bad attitude. It’s a horrible feeling.

Last edited:
If Dele thinks he deserves to play next to Son and Kane in a big game, he's dead wrong. This was it, this was his stage and he blew it along with Jose's trust. Don't think we will see much of him for the rest of this season.

It seems ages ago when Dele put in a brilliant performance against Liverpool at Wembley , I think we won 4-1 that day and he was outstanding.

Looks a shadow of that player now - incredibly annoying how he constantly slows the game down by taking a million touches and not releasing the ball quick enough.

You could argue the same for Moura & Lamela but at least they both have a really high work rate and commitment to the team - can you say the same for Dele?

Just really hard to see how he even fits in this team at this point.

For me he wasn't the worst player on the pitch last night, that was Bale as he wasn't even trying to run. and they were all poor on the night, but I agree I think he blew his last chance with Jose, can see him being sold in January window now.

I found it interesting the way Jose was talking about being pressured to give people game time, reading between the lines I wonder if Levy has been pushing for giving Dele more game time.
And then the line from Jose about his decisions being much easier moving forwards.

A lot of them pissed away their chances last night, such a shame

Even if 10 of the players yesterday played bad, it was deles chance to be that 1 that put in the effort and tried to perform.
Those stats are worse than i thought, like wtf! I do remember a missplaced pass he made tho that nearly cost us a goal and he jogged back to recieve it and got lucky, then put in a beast of a ball to vinny or bale. That was it tho, his work rate isnt good enough.

For me he wasn't the worst player on the pitch last night, that was Bale as he wasn't even trying to run. and they were all poor on the night, but I agree I think he blew his last chance with Jose, can see him being sold in January window now.

I found it interesting the way Jose was talking about being pressured to give people game time, reading between the lines I wonder if Levy has been pushing for giving Dele more game time.
And then the line from Jose about his decisions being much easier moving forwards.

A lot of them pissed away their chances last night, such a shame
Bale came back into his own half near our 18 yard box, ran with the ball all the way near there 18 yard box and steven B steals the ball of him and smashes it over! Wasnt bales fault we know hes not 100 percent but he had no bloody service.

Wow lost possession 11 times in a half. Didn’t realise he was that bad. That must be close to some kind of record!

Dont think it'd be anywhere near.

I remember Alexis Sanchez losing possession 51 times in a game before and it being talked about alot.

I think he’s truly bereft of confidence and I don’t think he fits into the team. Truth be told, I don’t think he’s suited to the premier league due to being way too slow. I’m also unsure of what his real position is, No 10? I think his enigmatic playing style, relying on cute flicks and tricks on instinct has led to his downfall as a footballer.... I mean can you think of any other player that mirrors his skill set or playing style? Therefore I think he would find it difficult to adapt into most teams.

This cant be good news for Dele and maybe one or two others...

Mourinho: "Before matches you always ask me why this player is not playing, why this player is not playing, why this player is not selected. Maybe now for a few weeks you don't ask me that because you have the answer."

Back
Top Bottom