Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally think so.

I think the club would have got rid of him in the summer if someone made a bid they could accept.
My apologies to you regarding the cartoon post about past/present I posted a couple of days ago. I was trying to illustrate that whilst Poch's tenure brought some great times to the club we now need to move on from that and enjoy the present. Nothing wrong at all with looking back though and the Ajax match was a truly memorable occasion but let's hope we can now begin to make even more great times to recollect under Jose.
I started a thread earlier called Spurs Geat Games In The League and Cup 20/21. It currently has three entries, let's hope that becomes four after tonight.
:mourthumb:

My apologies to you regarding the cartoon post about past/present I posted a couple of days ago. I was trying to illustrate that whilst Poch's tenure brought some great times to the club we now need to move on from that and enjoy the present. Nothing wrong at all with looking back though and the Ajax match was a truly memorable occasion but let's hope we can now begin to make even more great times to recollect under Jose.
I started a thread earlier called Spurs Geat Games In The League and Cup 20/21. It currently has three entries, let's hope that becomes four after tonight.
:mourthumb:
I think you’re heartless man, you had me curled up in a ball and cry all night...

What was his point in talking about Dele's charisma?

That his charisma gave him a special quality, something that excited the fans and his teammates.

I remember him nutmegging Modric in his first pre-season game against Madrid, immediately he showed that charisma. He was impish, he played on the edge, he used to smile a lot. He pulled off some great skills too and had variation in his play.

The Dele of today is not the same. Injuries, decline in form, falling out of the England and Tottenham XI, failing to mature as a person, there are lots of possible factors that have made him go into his shell. That's what I see now. A player who doesn't smile much and doesn't have that fire inside. Football is like any other job, you need to enjoy your work to perform well. I think he is doubting himself now which is the worst position any player can be in.

Whatever happens with Dele in the future, and a betting man would wager it's away from Spurs, there's no doubt that for a while at least he was a major driver behind the 'success' we had. He also scored some very special goals - Palace away springs to mind immediately, Woolwich in the cup - beautiful.

I hope that somehow he manages to work his way back into the frame at Spurs because if he does we could have another helluva player available to us. Don't give up on him just yet, Jose.

Dele Alli is what we call a compilation player.

A flick here a nutmeg there, why it all looks so good for a youtube video but when one watches him play for the full 90 you see a different player.

A far shitter player in fact.

Dele Alli is what we call a compilation player.

A flick here a nutmeg there, why it all looks so good for a youtube video but when one watches him play for the full 90 you see a different player.

A far shitter player in fact.
His stats are decent enough considering he's not been playing well for two years now. But the fact that he's not been playing well for two years now is a fair indication of what he is as a player. Genuinely think his athleticism had taken a sharp nosedive.

Back
Top Bottom