Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
Ever heard the concept doublethink?. So much hypocrisy on here. Fans are adamant AVB should have left, redknapp should have gone ...but lest not forget the two seasons 2012-13,2011-12 when AVB and redknapp were screaming for a striker, good ol save a buck levy brought in Nelsen and Saha and of course Holtby. The latter is indeed a great player. nonetheless. it shows the idiocy of trying to save a few quid rather than buy the players essential to the success of the club.

rewind a few more years ago, Jol had this club punching above its weight. All he needed was a few more signings to push on for a champions league spot. levy once again goes nuts and fires him, brings in ramos and spends £100m. Funny how history repeats itself.

Truth is we have hit a glass ceiling under levy, we will forever be a top 5/6 club always on the verge of champions league qualification. 1 or 2 players away, once we miss out it is back to selling players to stay competitive. Its a vicious cycle we can't break.

obviously it is the same old narrative of comparing spurs to the 90s and the sugar era.
If you need a new radiator for your car you don't get a new pair of tyres. This is my problem with levy. He does not buy in a rational or logical way.

Levy failed to do one simple thing last year in order to get us a top 4 spot and that was buying a striker in the winter. For this reason i think he is responsible for us not getting Champions League football this season.

Like some others said, i have my doubts whether he is the right man to take us a step further, especially since he kept selling all our best players in the last years while still demanding a lot from the managers we had. Maybe he can learn from his mistakes (although i would doubt that) and lead us to success in the next years. One thing is certain though, we are stuck with him at least until the new stadium is built :llorisserious:

Levy failed to do one simple thing last year in order to get us a top 4 spot and that was buying a striker in the winter. For this reason i think he is responsible for us not getting Champions League football this season.

Like some others said, i have my doubts whether he is the right man to take us a step further, especially since he kept selling all our best players in the last years while still demanding a lot from the managers we had. Maybe he can learn from his mistakes (although i would doubt that) and lead us to success in the next years. One thing is certain though, we are stuck with him at least until the new stadium is built :llorisserious:

He has proven himself inept at his job imo.

Of course he won't sack himself but everyone should have this idiots number by now. He is clueless.

Can't even politik a decent deal off the local and national government to regenerate the area with a new stadium despite there being the worst riots in a generation on his doorstep. Well not this cunts doorstep obviously. He lives miles away.

To get 18m off Boris the twat is meaningless. I bet mr sainsbury put up double that to peddle his groceries. Islington council bent over backwards to accommodate the gypsies.

His main aim and purpose should have been to get us on the tube map. He failed. Despite there being a terminus at Northumberland Park. A 5 min walk from the ground. The infrastructure is there. All it needs is a platform and some signals.

Their/his game is to buy up land. And that's done. London has very little space. Especially so close to the city. He is sitting on a fortune. And all bought by the auspices of building a new stadium. What stadium?

Scum got the naming rights sorted straight away and that 100m was ploughed straight back into building their stadia.

Never forget. Enics net spend is around the 34m mark in their tenure. Factor in dividends and baldys salary and you can see that they have bought an awful lot of real estate for a pittance.

For shame.

I'm so fucking angry with levy. Watching Liverpool and remembering how shit they were last season - boring football, not being able to score. AVB had one bad patch and he's out, Rodgers had a whole bad season and gets all the support he needs. How much confidence can the spurs players have in any coach they have now? As far as I can tell, AVB was sack for excluding ade and getting a couple of shit results against two incredible attacking teams. Well who's simple Tim going to leave out? And what happens when he has a run of bad games?

We've now got half a season of Tim "football's a simple game" Sherwood learning the hard way, when we could have had AVB gaining experience and drilling his system into the players.

And then - even if we get Van Gaal in the summer - there will be a season of adjustments, and the uneasy feeling that he's only a couple of bad results away from a mutually beneficial agreement.

The game today was all our recent shitness in front of goal, but without the control of the ball we've had all season. It's like four four Tim thinks the way to get more attack is to do less defensively. It's called throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

tl;dr - gnaaargh! fnuuukkk! Grrraaahhh!

levy is an absolute tosser

The timing of AVBs sacking was fuckn ridiculous and proof imo that he let him go for something other than footballing reasons. Sure we'd had afew dodgy results but we were still well in the hunt and if AVB had got us through in the cup and beat the next few teams in the league the little bald midget cunt would've had to wait for another opportunity to pull the trigger. Something stinks behind the scenes at Tottenham and it's now affecting team performances.

levy is an absolute tosser

The timing of AVBs sacking was fuckn ridiculous and proof imo that he let him go for something other than footballing reasons. Sure we'd had afew dodgy results but we were still well in the hunt and if AVB had got us through in the cup and beat the next few teams in the league the little bald midget cunt would've had to wait for another opportunity to pull the trigger. Something stinks behind the scenes at Tottenham and it's now affecting team performances.

you flip flop more than a whores draws.

work that out dumb yank.

if I had a modicum of arse I would explain what an absolute dip shit you are. But I cannot be bothered to even read let alone remember what you type.

Only a cunt with too much time on their hands collates that sort of thing. I will leave that sort of thing to my apostles. You, salmon and frontwheel.

#Monkeysandtypewriters

you flip flop more than a whores draws.

work that out dumb yank.

if I had a modicum of arse I would explain what an absolute dip shit you are. But I cannot be bothered to even read let alone remember what you type.

Only a cunt with too much time on their hands collates that sort of thing. I will leave that sort of thing to my apostles. You, salmon and frontwheel.

#Monkeysandtypewriters

Yawn. You are a boring worthless cunt.

oh great dumb and fuckn dumber lol

it's blatantly obvious it's the same sad twat sitn at work with 2 computers....

knock yourself out I couldn't give less of a fuck about you :thumbup:

Do you even know who or what you are? It is obviously from reading your posts that you are a clueless fuckwit.

well that's a first.

I agree with you Phil. Although I would say he is a cretin.
But hey. We are talking semantics.

You can google that too cretin.

Back
Top Bottom