Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
Suarez and Rooney don't look lacking in motivation and incentive do they? and Benteke started the season in fine form before his injury.

We regularly cave in so players know all they have to do is kick up a fuss and Levy will submit to their wishes. We will never progress further if we keep selling all our best players and Levy stays in charge of managerial appointments, that much is clear to me now. We had a PRICELESS player on our books and sold him at the drop of a hat.
OK
we aren't going to agree - but I think he was right to offload Bale, Berbatov and Modric when he did, for the simple reason that hanging on to them would have been toxic. Its like selling shares, you sell when the value is at a peak, not on a downward slide, as you don't get to dictate terms. Suarez was not so in demand over the summer due to his ban - lets see what happens in January after this run of form. Rooney is not after a move, just a hike in salary - which he got, by all accounts.
Agree on his managerial choices though.

Only in your tiny little fuckn brain you idiot

THFCs performance today pissed me the fuck off, you had fuck all to do with it and mean the square root of fuck all to me

you're an insignificant delusional twat
You however are a gifted intellectual, with all the charisma and grace of a prince charming.

OK
we aren't going to agree - but I think he was right to offload Bale, Berbatov and Modric when he did, for the simple reason that hanging on to them would have been toxic. Its like selling shares, you sell when the value is at a peak, not on a downward slide, as you don't get to dictate terms. Suarez was not so in demand over the summer due to his ban - lets see what happens in January after this run of form. Rooney is not after a move, just a hike in salary - which he got, by all accounts.
Agree on his managerial choices though.

That attitude there is one of the main fucking problems

we're a fucking football club not the fucking New York Stock Exchange

Lets consider all the magnificent mistakes daniel levy has made

1) signing sigurdsson ( A player who came in before AVB was made manager). It was a decision he thought was wise but never thought how it would fit in with the team

2)We sold Modric and needed a CREATIVE midfielder, AVB wanted Moutinho. Instead he got Dembele. Good player but not a natural midfielder who can dictate the game intelligently and build up our attacks

3)As in 2011-12 so in 2012-13 we needed a striker, but oh mr levy once again said fuck logic and reason and saw a bargain called lewis holtby. I love the player but it did not make sense at the time and it was not the player we need

4) We played SHIT in the 2012-13 season, why was that? A lOPSIDED squad. Look at our midfield Livermore,Parker,Sandro,Huddlestone and Dembele. four out of 5 of these players were defensive orientated players and not the style of the players to play fast counterattacking and creative football.

5)Mistake number 5. AVB wanted a COMPLETE striker. like Benteke instead levy buys DEFOE 2.0 called soldado.Defoe and soldado are good player but poachers do not work in the modern game. There is a reason why spain won the world cup with no strikers.

6)Paulinho, box to box midfielder but obviously not worth £17m. Look at Everton's midfielder mccarthy and Barry. Creative and defensive player,its not complicated is it?. How is it playing a box to box midfielder and a defensive midfielder going to play nice posession barceloneque football, once again square pegs in round holes.

7)Lamela,we bought him for the POTENTIAL ,he was crying when he left roma and he barely speaks a world of english. Not to mention he DOES NOT BACKTRACK.Same goes for Eriksen, They need to be polished and simply arent ready to hit the ground running.

8)Why is kaboul still on the books?, we sold fucking caulker when it was he that should have went. Injury prone player just like ledley king. No offence to ledley king but its gambling having that as your number one defender for years like we have done and not having adequate back up options.

the list goes on and on, you guys want to pull the wool over your eyes and act like this guy knows what he is doing.He is an accountant wannabe football managerIt doesn;t matter whos on the market this winter s a bargain, priority is a LEFTBACK and or STRIKER not a bargain defensive midfielder levy

Lets consider all the magnificent mistakes daniel levy has made

1) signing sigurdsson ( A player who came in before AVB was made manager). It was a decision he thought was wise but never thought how it would fit in with the team

2)We sold Modric and needed a CREATIVE midfielder, AVB wanted Moutinho. Instead he got Dembele. Good player but not a natural midfielder who can dictate the game intelligently and build up our attacks

3)As in 2011-12 so in 2012-13 we needed a striker, but oh mr levy once again said fuck logic and reason and saw a bargain called lewis holtby. I love the player but it did not make sense at the time and it was not the player we need

4) We played SHIT in the 2012-13 season, why was that? A lOPSIDED squad. Look at our midfield Livermore,Parker,Sandro,Huddlestone and Dembele. four out of 5 of these players were defensive orientated players and not the style of the players to play fast counterattacking and creative football.

5)Mistake number 5. AVB wanted a COMPLETE striker. like Benteke instead levy buys DEFOE 2.0 called soldado.Defoe and soldado are good player but poachers do not work in the modern game. There is a reason why spain won the world cup with no strikers.

6)Paulinho, box to box midfielder but obviously not worth £17m. Look at Everton's midfielder mccarthy and Barry. Creative and defensive player,its not complicated is it?. How is it playing a box to box midfielder and a defensive midfielder going to play nice posession barceloneque football, once again square pegs in round holes.

7)Lamela,we bought him for the POTENTIAL ,he was crying when he left roma and he barely speaks a world of english. Not to mention he DOES NOT BACKTRACK.Same goes for Eriksen, They need to be polished and simply arent ready to hit the ground running.

8)Why is kaboul still on the books?, we sold fucking caulker when it was he that should have went. Injury prone player just like ledley king. No offence to ledley king but its gambling having that as your number one defender for years like we have done and not having adequate back up options.

the list goes on and on, you guys want to pull the wool over your eyes and act like this guy knows what he is doing.He is an accountant wannabe football managerIt doesn;t matter whos on the market this winter s a bargain, priority is a LEFTBACK and or STRIKER not a bargain defensive midfielder levy

Fuck mine someone who s talking some sense well done sir !

If you take charge of Spurs, and fail us, I WILL end you.

Such a christmassy conversation we're having here, lol.

Seriously though as good as Levy is with the business side of things he's fuckn awful with the football side. One cock up after another. AVB is his man, he doesn't have Comolli or Kemsley to hide behind this time.

It is like with the FA isn't it? Succesive manager after manager. they continue to refuse to address the problem of grassroots football and english players lacking technical ability. At spurs we keep going down the path we have done over the last 10 years. AVB will be gone but who is going to come in to clean up the mess baldini and levy have made?.
in 2017, I can picture it out now, eriksen and lamela flying and scoring goals and all we need is a fcking defender in january to tighten up our defence.Guess what levy will do?, probably buy another striker. The guy is immune to logical and rational planning.
We will probably still have that clown les ferdinand teaching them how to not kick a ball and fans whinging about 60 year old defoe being on the bench and how 4-4-2 is the way forward.

If Levy does sack AVB, he has to be questioned as much as the managers he has chosen and then let go down the years, because he clearly ain't great at either selecting or backing them at the right times.

hate to break it to you boys but finances whether we like it or not determine the success of the modern football team...levy has taken us from a mid table team to one challenging for top 4 without any injection of ENIC's capital.. but any measure this is remarkable. sure his judgement of players hasnt been without fault but he did sign berba, modric, VDV, bale etc..we have got better under ENIC and i think installing baldini is evidence that levy understands that signing players seems to be his weakness. people forget about jol and ramos's pedigree given their failures at spurs but they were quality managers at the time, rednapp was a good choice and so was avb based on last year...
lets all step back for a moment and not blame simply levy/avb and start asking questions of the players who have been performing below their potential. we have the right type of players for a sucessful team we just arnt baking the ingredients right, maybe we need a new manager to get this right, maybe we dont...but levy and ENIC for all the bitching and moaning have made the club bigger, stronger and better placed for the future..
and if i discover some oil in my backyard i promise ill buy the club and spend some serious $$$

levy has taken us from a mid table team to one challenging for top 4 without any injection of ENIC's capital...
$$$

Ah, the modern magic of the Champions League...

For a man at the head of an organisation who have only ever actually been in that competition once he's done a remarkable job of convincing his customers that they should pay through the nose to be "entertained" by also-rans slightly better than the previous also-rans.

So, we've gone from mid-table to 5th (usually) - but in doing so are constantly at the centre of sporting and political media circuses, can't retain out most entertaining players and are paying far more for the privilege.

Well fuck-a-doodle doo. The on pitch performances are one thing - but the other stuff only sits with the man at the top.

hate to break it to you boys but finances whether we like it or not determine the success of the modern football team...levy has taken us from a mid table team to one challenging for top 4 without any injection of ENIC's capital.. but any measure this is remarkable. sure his judgement of players hasnt been without fault but he did sign berba, modric, VDV, bale etc..we have got better under ENIC and i think installing baldini is evidence that levy understands that signing players seems to be his weakness. people forget about jol and ramos's pedigree given their failures at spurs but they were quality managers at the time, rednapp was a good choice and so was avb based on last year...
lets all step back for a moment and not blame simply levy/avb and start asking questions of the players who have been performing below their potential. we have the right type of players for a sucessful team we just arnt baking the ingredients right, maybe we need a new manager to get this right, maybe we dont...but levy and ENIC for all the bitching and moaning have made the club bigger, stronger and better placed for the future..
and if i discover some oil in my backyard i promise ill buy the club and spend some serious $$$

Levy promised the "next level" when he sacked Jol and increased ticket prices during that era. As much as he bought the likes of Carrick, Berba, Modric, Bale, etc. he also sold them against his managers' wishes at the time, yet somehow Brendan Rodgers is able to keep Luis Suarez. All 4 of our stars mentioned were sold under 4 different managers, at the end of the transfer windows whilst our top 4 rivals had pre-seasons with their already developed squads. We also bought back players we sold during that time, and we bought some older and deadwood players using the profits of our star players who we developed.

If you are saying that AVB should be cut some slack because we are still financially behind the top 4 teams, which I do somewhat agree with you on, then you also have to see there was no point in sacking Jol, Ramos or 'Arry before him or increasing the wages and ticket prices at all because they were never going to be backed enough either in terms of on the pitch, for the long term. As much as I thank Levy that we haven't done a Leeds, and he has kept us in profit, we still haven't hit the "next-level" he promised 7-8 years ago either. I honestly wouldn't mind so much, but the style of football and the atmosphere at WHL has deteriorated since then and I don't feel things like banning the drum and nicking anyone standing up and defending themselves as yids helps at all.

Like I said, I agree we don't have the finances, but he should have considered that before marketing us as a top 4 club because that is what the fans are paying for now.

Levy is told by the owners what to do with regards to the clubs objectives, it's then up to him to set a strategy in place and execute that strategy in order to reach the objectives laid out by the owners.

The only thing Levy is culpable for in my eyes is hiring the wrong man for the job. I would be surprised if it were Levy getting rid of our star players, no way would that be sanctioned by anyone else other than the owners.

Under Levy we have seen a continued upward trend in our league position.

I think it's time to accept we have reached our natural upper limit in terms of regular league positions - sometimes we will over achieve and get 4th, sometimes we will be where we deserve to be in 5th-6th other times we will under achieve.

No club is ever going to be a consistent top 4 club with a 36k stadium or a rich sugar daddy coming in.

For me, overall, Levy has done a good job with two or three obvious big mistakes, but, we have improved massively since he came in.

[quote="1882, post: 434266, member: 317"
and if i discover some oil in my backyard i promise ill buy the club and spend some serious $$$[/quote]
You wouldn't lend all of us a few bob first? You bastard. :carrollwtf:

I dunno, we're in a vastly better position since he was
For me, overall, Levy has done a good job with two or three obvious big mistakes, but, we have improved massively since he came in.

Agree, but those two mistakes have been truly terrible, who would hire a manager who can't speak English?? Just makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom