Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
I've never seen anyone make this point other than myself. Which baffles me.. But..

Why can't Enic stay and levy go?

As chairman levy is the one ultimately in charge of what direction we take. He's had ten years or however long.. And let's not Fuck around, he's done wonderful things for the club.

I've never seen anyone make this point other than myself. Which baffles me.. But..

As chairman levy is the one ultimately in charge of what direction we take. He's had ten years or however long.. And let's not Fuck around, he's done wonderful things for the club.

Because he owns Enic along with Joe Lewis?

Because he owns Enic along with Joe Lewis?
Managing director of Enic... Doesn't mean he can't step down from being our chairman. He's just represents us for Enic and represents Enic to us. Sure someone else at Enic could take his place if that was the wish of certain people.

Much like saying

"Can't the royal family go, but we still have a monarchy"

Ain't happenin', bro

Managing director of Enic... Doesn't mean he can't step down from being our chairman. He's just represents us for Enic and represents Enic to us. Sure someone else at Enic could take his place if that was the wish of certain people.

He owns something like 25%. I'm sure he'd be offended at the thought of letting anyone else control his club, tbh

Levy and Lewis own Enic. The only way Levy is going is if he chooses to step down, or him and Lewis sell the club.

The grass is always greener hey? That's what they thought at Ewood.
Yup. Better then devil you know with Levy I'm afraid.

People need to be careful what they wish for. Until we are top four mainstays I think there is just as much chance of us being bought and run into the ground via midtable obscurity, or even relegation, as there is us being bought out by a Trillionaire or sound investor.

I think we've just got to suck it up and hope that Levy gets it right sooner or later. I certainly think he has the ambition to. He probably just needs to listen to advice more when making his decisions.

Yup. Better then devil you know with Levy I'm afraid.

People need to be careful what they wish for. Until we are top four mainstays I think there is just as much chance of us being bought and run into the ground via midtable obscurity, or even relegation, as there is us being bought out by a Trillionaire or sound investor.

I think we've just got to suck it up and hope that Levy gets it right sooner or later. I certainly think he has the ambition to. He probably just needs to listen to advice more when making his decisions.

not if Kelmsley, Sherwood or the like are giving the advice

No point in throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so what if he's made a few dodgy decisions, you'd need to be a fucking genius to make us a regular Champions League team....

I certainly think he has the ambition to. He probably just needs to listen to advice more when making his decisions.

This is basically it really and it's not about a director of football it's about him taking the 3 months now to consult real high end experts on the football side to discuss the direction.

I think the higher up you go the more propensity for outright turmoil when it comes to changes so better the devil you know when it comes to having the hands on the 11th richest club

People talk about Levy sacking managers too readily as if he's the only one doing it. Man Utd, Woolwich and Everton aside who else is giving managers a decent go?

As for appointments, up until Sherwood (and you know this was only ever an interim appointment until we got someone decent) they've all been sensible at the time. Only with hindsight was Ramos a bad move for example.

I was thinking more about him seeking advice outside the usual suspects.
I agree. I appreciate what levy has done for the club but some of his decisions have been baffling he HAS to take some of the blame for where we currently are at the moment. That said whats to say the next person who comes in as chairman will piss the club up the wall?

I just think he almost needs an impartial advisor

I know I haven't been hanging around this place very long, but this might be the single greatest waffling issue amongst Spurs fans.

Yay! We got Ramos! - LEVY IN!
BOO! We hate Ramos! - LEVY OUT!
Harry F'n Redknapp? - LEVY OUT!
Champions Leagues? Levy's a genius! - LEVY IN!
England's calling, drop points, Levy's lost control - Redknapp & LEVY OUT!
Gareth Bale. - LEVY IN!!
HOLY FUCK, AVB!! WHAT A COUP! WE'RE BUILDING OUR FUTURE!! - LEVY IN!
Gareth Bale sold. RM own us. - LEVY OUT!!
Wait, we get Soldado, Lamela, Chiriches, Capoue, Chadli, and Paulinho all for the price of Bale??
:levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol:
LEVY IN! LEVY IN! LEVY IN! LEVY IN!! BEST GM IN EUROPE!!!
I'm bored - AVB OUT & and take that bald fucker with you. LEVY OUT!!
Sherwood!? We have no plan!! - LEVY OUT!!
Sherwood's not bad. We're playing better! Genius move!! - LEVY IN!!
It's a shambles - LEVY OUT!!!

If we get LvG, we'll all be screaming about LEVY IN again. For every time this idea rises from the dead, within a few months we'll see more of these:

levy2.gif

rUxRkDB.gif

Levy+Money.gif

I'm really not a Levy defender. I've questioned his judgements and I'm sure that I'll continue to in the future. But! For every bad decision we blast him for, it turns out that within 6 months, many of them turn out to be those that we (at least a majority) agree that it was ultimately the right move to make.

I'm depressed, angry, and frustrated with everything going on right now as well, but let's all try to have some perspective on this. We could have far worse than Daniel Levy.

We could have far worse than Daniel Levy.

That's not the fucking point. Being scared of change is NEVER a good reason not to do it. Fact is we are as good as we'll ever be under Levy baring miracle and we've already used up a couple of them, then turned around and sold them for profit. Stupid fuckn cunts.

That's not the fucking point. Being scared of change is NEVER a good reason not to do it.
Being scared of change wasn't the crux of my point.

The real point I was making is how fickle and fair-weather we can be as a collection of fans.One minute he's a fucking genius and then the bane of our existence the next. He gets slated for the managerial firings he's done; Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, and AVB. In hindsight though, would anyone ever really put up a good argument that we should have stayed with those particular managers? There was always a certain portion of us that bitched about needing more time and about too many changes, and they have a point. That being said, we now often find ourselves looking back and agreeing.

Case in point...
Fact is we are as good as we'll ever be under Levy baring miracle and we've already used up a couple of them, then turned around and sold them for profit. Stupid fuckn cunts.

Was I pissed when Berbatov left, yes, and a part of me wanted us to stick to our guns and let him rot if we needed to. That would have been the wrong decision. I still wish we had Modders, but he was a fucking cancer and Levy needed to get rid of him. Correct decision. Everyone hated the idea of Bale leaving, UNTIL we found out that we were getting almost an entirely new team and thought we were going to be more dynamic. It turned out not to work how we wanted, but I don't think that we can blame Levy for selling a player who didn't want to be here, for an astronomical fee, and did it with the idea that we would be improving the overall squad and upgrading our entire team instead of keeping one exception player.

It's that failure to look back and take perspective that I just don't see and what I'm talking about. It's a fickleness and knee-jerk reaction that seems inherent in this particular set of fans, me included sometimes, that continues to persist.

Levy is an easy target. He's the big guy, not accessible, and rarely heard from. If we didn't sell Bale and he destroyed the dressing room with poor attitude, or he put his head down and our luck from last year just ran out, we'd be screaming that Levy didn't make the tough call and use the opportunity to improve a one-trick pony team.

The point is that things suck at the moment and in a really bad way. We want someone to blame, but I just can't pin it on the person that for the past few years has taken steps to bring in better players, coaches, and elevate the position of the club. The person who is championing and driving through a MASSIVE improvement in our stadium to grow our attendance, revenues, and chances to continue to grow and not be passed up by other clubs. We all want someone to blame, but I don't know if he's the right guy to target.

Back
Top Bottom