Should the League Cup be abolished?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

abolish

• Yes

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • No, but Spurs should quit participating if possible

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
I would keep the 7 european clubs in it. but they enter an U-23 team, based on a squad list that cannot include players in their premier league or european squads.

gives them some benefit and therefore benefits the 7clubs.
still keeps the opportunity for the lower league players to get drawn away in stadiums like ours. lets clubs like ours charge for these games in a way that covers costs (ie dont include it in the season ticket cup games, if they still happen), with all profit going to the lower league club.

single leg, neutral ground semi final. NOT at Wembley. let the league hire the millenium of=r something similar.

I would keep the 7 european clubs in it. but they enter an U-23 team, based on a squad list that cannot include players in their premier league or european squads.

gives them some benefit and therefore benefits the 7clubs.
still keeps the opportunity for the lower league players to get drawn away in stadiums like ours. lets clubs like ours charge for these games in a way that covers costs (ie dont include it in the season ticket cup games, if they still happen), with all profit going to the lower league club.

single leg, neutral ground semi final. NOT at Wembley. let the league hire the millenium of=r something similar.
Would that not be a second EFL trophy though ? Or near enough as makes no difference.

Would that not be a second EFL trophy though ? Or near enough as makes no difference.
Kind of, but i would only have the U-23 for the 7 european club, whereas the trophy is all premier clubs and all chasmpionship clubs with a cat 1 acadamey, and its U21 side (16 in total)

Back
Top Bottom