Should we be doing a Woolwich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we cancel contracts of our deadwood

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I'm asking who are our up and comers? those teetering on the edge of a big breakthrough? Man utd have Greenwood, Liverpool have Jones, Woolwich have Saka, City have Foden, Chelsea have Hudson-Odoi what do we have? Troy Parrott?

My main point is still that this idea we can get rid of deadwood and blood some youth is I'm afraid ridiculous for this club at this time with this manager.

Skipp is probably the best young midfielder in the Championship tbf

This topic reminds me of Bobby Bonilla Day. For those who don't follow, Bobby Bonilla was a baseball player - a pretty good one, in fact, from 1986-2001. Before the 2000 season, the New York Mets wanted to dump Bonilla and his $5.5M wages left on his contract. So they reached an agreement to defer payment and effect his immediate release...and so, with interest included, every July 1(Bobby Bonilla Day) Bobby Bonilla receives a $1.2M payment from the New York Mets and will do so until 2035. Bobby Bonilla retired from baseball in 2001.

:adesalute:
I want this thread renamed "Should we do a Bobby Bonilla "

Woolwich are paying up the majority, if not all, of the contract value to cancel the contracts.

Literally pouring money down the drain.

We definitely shouldn't follow their lead, they are having a nightmare.

All they've achieved is to set a precedence where any player they want out knows they will pay up his contract and he can take that money and also take money from a new club to get paid twice.
The trouble is, the players know that the power is in their hands (and if they don't, their agents certainly do!).

Back
Top Bottom