Should we organise a protest/march outside the Tottenham Stadium against the ESL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means too much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS

Last edited:
This should be headed up by all the supporters trusts of every Premier League club. It may already be in the works.

Although it's too bad football doesn't react this way to racism in the game.

What do we want?
Europa Conference league football
When do we want it?
Naaaah!

Count me in, but mainly because I like shouting.

What is the point of the protest. Ultimately would it not be to protect UEFA, at the expense of the club you support?

UEFA taking a stand on any of this is laughable. Have we all forgotten the World Club Cup ? That they are trying to present themselves as virtuous in protecting football is mystifying in the extreme.

Any argument made that the ESL will ruin football is undermined when you see PSG and Man City playing in the Champions League Semi Finals. The existing model you want to protect and save enables that game to be taking place. Honestly is that worth saving ?

football has long since been busted. So why the protest now ?

No need, it will not be going ahead, players will not do it, they have too much to lose. The owners overestimated the amount of power they have.

No need, it will not be going ahead, players will not do it, they have too much to lose. The owners overestimated the amount of power they have.
Wishful thinking for me. The players are all thinking ‘I bet I can get £1m a week minimum in the ESL and it doesn't even matter if I perform.’

maxresdefault.jpg

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed from the game. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means to much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS
I was going to post something similar.

I was thinking about it a lot last night, decided I can't be the one to organise it because I have long-Covid and can barely make it through a typical week as it is. But I will be there whenever it is (I'd guess better for a home game than at a random time) and more than happy also to donate some money to the cause.

Jokes are all well and good, but last time there was a threat to the club on this scale was Stratford, and not enough people actually bothered to do anything about it. This time, if you're proper, if you care, here's your chance to be active rather than passive (which is what they want).

Wishful thinking for me. The players are all thinking ‘I bet I can get £1m a week minimum in the ESL and it doesn't even matter if I perform.’
Do you know Levy? You really think he would pay 1million a week to anybody?

Jokes are all well and good, but last time there was a threat to the club on this scale was Stratford, and not enough people actually bothered to do anything about it. This time, if you're proper, if you care, here's your chance to be active rather than passive (which is what they want).

As mentioned before 150 old school chaps attended the first Stratford protest and had a lot of success. The second one was organised on FB and nobody showed despite 300 people saying they would attend.

Levy got wise to it the second time so any protest needs to have an impact straight off the bat.

No, instead as "respectable" spurs fans we should be totally against the Super League but complain about anyone who tries to do something about it.
"Football died a long time ago"
"Don't support it but glad we are in it"
"But UEFA are corrupt"
"Qatar"
"FIFA are corrupt"
"West Ham"
"You're naive if you think you can do anything"
"Neville is a cunt"
"Players like money"

Nope, but he'll happily let them believe he will once things all settle down...

:levystare:
Only diehard Levy fans would believe something like that.
This is a desperate move by him and the rest. In our case he knows that we wont qualify for the CL for a long time.

Only diehard Levy fans would believe something like that.
This is a desperate move by him and the rest. In our case he knows that we wont qualify for the CL for a long time.
Eh? look at my posts, I'm always slagging that twat off.

Confused how you could reach the conclusion that suggesting Levy will continue to be a lying duplicitous little weasel is being a diehard levy fan :pritchardeyes:

Back
Top Bottom