Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters
This is where I disagree. Our core players are the ones who could get tired.
Rest Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Reguilon in key games for Vinicius, Alli, Winks, Sissoko, Davies
Nah I don't want to see those 5 starting in the PL

I don't care what anyone says I'll always take the PL seriously , its the biggest competition and we should always aim to finish as high up as possible.
If we don't do well in the EL at least we can fall back on something.

We have Zero chance of winning the Europa league
tenor.gif

I am saying no. As we can still have some impact if Mourinho gives up trying to make passive aggressive points and plays his most talented players.

But if we lose the next couple of the games then the mid week squad will have to take priority.

If it was upto you what would your 11 be for the league cup final?
As it stands today, or with the hope they all hit the levels they can?
Scenario two picks itself, but how likely is that?

Today, based on the last few months my team would be:

....................................Lloris

........Tanganga............Toby..................Dier

...................Hojberg.............Ndombele

Moura......................Lamela.............................Bale

............................................Vinny
.....................Kane

I wouldn’t drop Kane for a final despite my opinions.....he should be motivated and dangerous with silverware on the line

Do you mean , concede not winning the league ? Forfeiting every other game in the league to concentrate on the Intertoto cup?
We’ll play every game to win it & that’s about it
I explained what I meant in OP, and in another comment.

Of course we should try to win every game, but I was hoping we could rotate as such for 5 games I highlighted in OP:

This is where I disagree. Our core players are the ones who could get tired.
Rest Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Reguilon in games close to EL fixtures for Vinicius, Alli, Winks, Sissoko, Davies

We should focus on the PL and EL. There's a big squad there and only GLC is injured. We can easily focus on both and it's a bit feeble to give up on the league in February.

If we don't win the EL then top 6 should be a target as the added revenue from EL qualification does help.

Sacrifice what? Finishing 7th?
Big enough squad to win games in both, don’t play injured / players with niggles until the semis

Back
Top Bottom