Signings we made then sold who turned out to be good

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously not a spurs player, but every time I see something about Rino Gattuso I'm reminded that Glasgow Rangers fucked him off to make space for Barry Ferguson to develop.
Ferguson, especially when he was young, was a good player, but look what that wee mad cunt Gattuso went on to achieve. I also understand that he loved Rangers and wanted to stay. Ended up marrying a Glaswegian bird and all sorts. The wee cunt is gutted he missed out on a career in the west coast of Scotland, despite his subsequent Italian successes.

Madness. Fucken madness.

Mendes is a good shout. CL winner with Porto. Got rid far too early. I offer you Graeme Souness as a very golden oldie Spurs reject mistake

By a million miles our worst reject feck up. Some of you will be too young to remember the wilderness years in the 70's. Well, from 1973 when we won a League cup. Thank your lucky stars. A terrible time. The rise of the bindippers; terrible fashion; hairstyles that make you lot laugh and us lot cringe in horror. Wedding photos of grooms wearing brown 3 piece suits and orange ties the size of whales. Not one final reached from May 1974 to May 1981. I think we had a league cup semi at one point. It was so bad that the relegated season in Div 2 appears like a shining beacon of hope and fun.

A midfield of Souness and Hoddle. You could win titles with that. I'll have to stop before I get all misty eyed.

pedantic but Livermore and Smith were youth players not signings. Could say the same about Jamie Clapham, Luke Young and Crouch.

Postiga we signed, was absolute toilet but then got regular games for portugal (and scored a delightful chipped pen in the shootout in 2004 with England). Think he was still a bit shit though personally.

pedantic but Livermore and Smith were youth players not signings. Could say the same about Jamie Clapham, Luke Young and Crouch.

Postiga we signed, was absolute toilet but then got regular games for portugal (and scored a delightful chipped pen in the shootout in 2004 with England). Think he was still a bit shit though personally.
To be pedantic even though Crouch was a youth player he was also a signing as he was not promoted into the first team but sold.

Last edited:
To be pedantic even though Crouch was a your player he was also a signing as he was not promoted into the first team but sold.
raw

Obviously not a spurs player, but every time I see something about Rino Gattuso I'm reminded that Glasgow Rangers fucked him off to make space for Barry Ferguson to develop.
Ferguson, especially when he was young, was a good player, but look what that wee mad cunt Gattuso went on to achieve. I also understand that he loved Rangers and wanted to stay. Ended up marrying a Glaswegian bird and all sorts. The wee cunt is gutted he missed out on a career in the west coast of Scotland, despite his subsequent Italian successes.

Madness. Fucken madness.

Gattuso certainly looks like he enjoys the deep fried delights on offer in Glasgow...

images

By a million miles our worst reject feck up. Some of you will be too young to remember the wilderness years in the 70's. Well, from 1973 when we won a League cup. Thank your lucky stars. A terrible time. The rise of the bindippers; terrible fashion; hairstyles that make you lot laugh and us lot cringe in horror. Wedding photos of grooms wearing brown 3 piece suits and orange ties the size of whales. Not one final reached from May 1974 to May 1981. I think we had a league cup semi at one point. It was so bad that the relegated season in Div 2 appears like a shining beacon of hope and fun.

A midfield of Souness and Hoddle. You could win titles with that. I'll have to stop before I get all misty eyed.

100 years on and not straightforward or nailed on he would have been as good with us.

Walker for example is not better with City but in a slightly better side.

Nayim?...
Yeah but not really - he played for us at a time when you stood almost no chance for playing for Spain if you played abroad, that was pretty much his only reason for going back. Bit of a shame as he never won a full cap.

Still he did get two streets named after him, one in Zaragoza city and another in a nearby village..

321666_1.jpg

calle-gol-de-nayim.jpg

Back
Top Bottom