Since 2008-9 Spurs have made more money from transfer sales than any other club in Europe’s top 5 le

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the most expensive clubs in Europe (=the world?) to support. With probably the least "justification" out of the top ten most expensive clubs, or whatever. But then again the more the club succeeds the more and more diluted the whole thing gets anyway. I don't know, all this "who's spent most, made most" etc just seems worlds away from supporting a football club

Unfortunately once a player wants to go, then they will inevitably get their wish (maybe a season later, but it will happen). In that case, at least Levy does get the best price.

Having huge transfer incomings looks a lot better if you're spending on quality players year on year. This is the first year in a while we've splashed the cash.

:dembele:

Comparison of Tottenham Transfers In to (Real Madrid Transfers In)

13/14 - £105m (£142.3m)
12/13 - £61.5m (£33m)
11/12 - £8m (£30.5m)
10/11 - £18.5m (£19.1m)
09/10 - £32m (£194.5m)
08/09 - £87m (£51.4m)

Spurs - £312m total - Avr £52m per season
Madrid - £470.8m total - Avr £78.5m per season

Not that much in it considering they have trophies and CL football....

this is a bit off-topic, so sorry for that, but someone said something about Genoa earlier and it reminded me of something really weird i saw on soccerway regarding transfers and italian teams in general, Parma in particular: http://it.soccerway.com/teams/italy/parma-fc/1243/transfers/
isn't that sick? if the link works, it should take you to the page of Parma's total player movements in and out of the club in 2013, they have like hundreds of player loans, buys and sells in one single year, what the hell is going on there? looks like a slave's market... and i saw that, although not at the same scale, when looking at other italian teams' transfers, what the hell are they doing and how does that help them? sure, most of those are loans, but still, so many players moved by one team in a year, it's crazy!

this is a bit off-topic, so sorry for that, but someone said something about Genoa earlier and it reminded me of something really weird i saw on soccerway regarding transfers and italian teams in general, Parma in particular: http://it.soccerway.com/teams/italy/parma-fc/1243/transfers/
isn't that sick? if the link works, it should take you to the page of Parma's total player movements in and out of the club in 2013, they have like hundreds of player loans, buys and sells in one single year, what the hell is going on there? looks like a slave's market... and i saw that, although not at the same scale, when looking at other italian teams' transfers, what the hell are they doing and how does that help them? sure, most of those are loans, but still, so many players moved by one team in a year, it's crazy!

6.1.1 Out on loan

that is fucking insane

6.1.1 Out on loan

that is fucking insane
yes, it is. it's even more mind boggling when you consider most of them are already far from being youngsters, i randomly clicked on some names and many are born before 1993 or 92, therefore not even Under 21's anymore. it could have maybe made at least some sense if they were all very young players, 16,17, 18 year olds, i don't know why, but to it would have looked less crazy. i guess they just buy anyone who knows how to kick a football, give them very low salaries and then send them around randomly hoping at least a few of them will turn out decent footballers that the club may use or may sell for a decent amount of money.... but still it's crazy, i mean don't they have limitations on how many players you can own or something? no wonder the italian football in general is in decline, with all these players being moved around each season, how can they progress if they change clubs every 6 months or every season?

Nothing surprising - it's been our business model since the Jol days

Doubt much would change until we build a massive stadium or we're sold to some lotto-winner

:dembele:

Comparison of Tottenham Transfers In to (Real Madrid Transfers In)

13/14 - £105m (£142.3m)
12/13 - £61.5m (£33m)
11/12 - £8m (£30.5m)
10/11 - £18.5m (£19.1m)
09/10 - £32m (£194.5m)
08/09 - £87m (£51.4m)

Spurs - £312m total - Avr £52m per season
Madrid - £470.8m total - Avr £78.5m per season

Not that much in it considering they have trophies and CL football....

As allijamieson said:
Having huge transfer incomings looks a lot better if you're spending on quality players year on year.

yes, it is. it's even more mind boggling when you consider most of them are already far from being youngsters, i randomly clicked on some names and many are born before 1993 or 92, therefore not even Under 21's anymore. it could have maybe made at least some sense if they were all very young players, 16,17, 18 year olds, i don't know why, but to it would have looked less crazy. i guess they just buy anyone who knows how to kick a football, give them very low salaries and then send them around randomly hoping at least a few of them will turn out decent footballers that the club may use or may sell for a decent amount of money.... but still it's crazy, i mean don't they have limitations on how many players you can own or something? no wonder the italian football in general is in decline, with all these players being moved around each season, how can they progress if they change clubs every 6 months or every season?
having a browse through other italian wiki's it doesn't seem many\any other clubs have anything similar. Although they all do have a high number of players out on loan its nothing like that. Also i came across this Mounir El Hamdaoui
For some reason when we signed him i thought he was gonna be the bollocks.

I don't think that's the correct assumption.

Are Real Madrid a selling club?

Levy drives a damn good deal for our benefit, and it's from selling players who otherwise would demand a transfer and leave for a third of the cash.

The difference is Real are always trading up - Bale for Ozil etc

Back
Top Bottom