Sir Bill Nicholson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to see. The stadium is bright and sparkly and for the future. But it is important to remember our history and those who came before.

I'd like to see something for the General as well. Maybe not a statue but something.

About time, remember this being discussed when they was planning the stadium, would be good if they did something for Arthur Rowe as well
In an ideal world there would be a "walk of history" or something like that either just inside or outside of the stadium where we can showcase and honour former players, coaches and our former glories. It would probably have to be inside to prevent vandalism but something like that would be nice.

In an ideal world there would be a "walk of history" or something like that either just inside or outside of the stadium where we can showcase and honour former players, coaches and our former glories. It would probably have to be inside to prevent vandalism but something like that would be nice.
Think it would be outside the south stand somewhere maybe, where we have the open area

Think it would be outside the south stand somewhere maybe, where we have the open area
That would be nice as long as we could prevent it from being vandalised.

I know that Atletico Madrid have a "walk of fame" outside their stadium. Where every player that has played in the first team has a plague in the ground or something like that.

The city where I live have put up their own thing which looks kind of like big advertising boards that you see outside of restaurants, but the pictures are made out of perforated metal which looks really cool. Something like that.

As long as they don't commission the Muppets who did Gallardo's or Ronaldo's statues.

There are a lot of very good sculptors out there, how those 2 got work is a feckin mystery.

That would be nice as long as we could prevent it from being vandalised.

I know that Atletico Madrid have a "walk of fame" outside their stadium. Where every player that has played in the first team has a plague in the ground or something like that.

The city where I live have put up their own thing which looks kind of like big advertising boards that you see outside of restaurants, but the pictures are made out of perforated metal which looks really cool. Something like that.
You would hope it would be ok being up the stairs outside the south stand but did see the Sonny artwork down the road had been covered with graffiti

Great to see. The stadium is bright and sparkly and for the future. But it is important to remember our history and those who came before.

I'd like to see something for the General as well. Maybe not a statue but something.
Agreed,but history starts at the beginning.
And I think it's a disgrace we haven't got a statue (which was pretty much promised) of the founders. I am all for Bill Nick getting a statue,but others deserve it as well

Who owned the club when Bill Nich was the boss?

oh that’s right, nobody talks about that because owners and chairmen aren’t supposed to be the centre of fucking attention all the time.
There is little information about the owners of the club prior to Irving Scholar. He was the first "visionary" chairman and he involved himself in team affairs a lot more than his predecessors which many believe led to the resignation of Keith Burkinshaw. He also got a lot more attention because of his "diversification" of the club's business interests which, unlike with Levy/ENIC, was unprofitable and got the club in a lot of trouble.

The tradeoff is that we signed top tier players like Waddle and Gascoigne, which wouldn't have happened under a more conservative ownership, and we got to be trailblazers in the commercial branding arena which would have worked out a lot better for us if Sugar hadn't sacked the marketing guru that made it happen and let him to go to Manchester United. Scholar paid the price for being a pioneer and having ideas ahead of his time.

The chairmen of yesteryear were little more than figureheads as far as the average fan was concerned. An interview with one of them would have been about as interesting as an interview with the local vicar. For better or worse, Scholar changed all that.

Scholar paid the price for being a pioneer and having ideas ahead of his time.
Bull.

Scolar paid the price FOR BEING COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT IN EVERY NON-FOOTBALL RELATED REVENUE STREAM WHICH HE INVOLVED THE CLUB IN.

It's easy having ideas - diversification? Big deal. Just make it work, you twat. Instead THE FOOTBALL WAS SUBSIDISING EVERY OTHER PART OF THE CLUB WHICH WAS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE PLAN WAS. First Direct? Good idea, not unique. But they made it work through excellent implementation.

Scolar was an absolute cunt, a moron who lucked out in Property and thought he was the dogs nuts across every business you could think of. HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THE EAST STAND TO BUDGET AND HAD TO SELL WADDLE TO PAY FOR IT!!!

If anyone ripped his head off and shat down his throat I'd buy him a pint and dance on the cunt's grave. If I ever bump into someone like saying how great he was I'd fucking deck them.

Moron

Bull.

Scolar paid the price FOR BEING COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT IN EVERY NON-FOOTBALL RELATED REVENUE STREAM WHICH HE INVOLVED THE CLUB IN.

It's easy having ideas - diversification? Big deal. Just make it work, you twat. Instead THE FOOTBALL WAS SUBSIDISING EVERY OTHER PART OF THE CLUB WHICH WAS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE PLAN WAS. First Direct? Good idea, not unique. But they made it work through excellent implementation.

Scolar was an absolute cunt, a moron who lucked out in Property and thought he was the dogs nuts across every business you could think of. HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THE EAST STAND TO BUDGET AND HAD TO SELL WADDLE TO PAY FOR IT!!!

If anyone ripped his head off and shat down his throat I'd buy him a pint and dance on the cunt's grave. If I ever bump into someone like saying how great he was I'd fucking deck them.

Moron
Never forgiven him for selling Waddle to pay of the debt he ran up with the west stand rebuild

Never forgiven him for selling Waddle to pay of the debt he ran up with the west stand rebuild
East Stand rebuild. The West Stand development was the situation he exploited in the early 80s to take control of the club. He correctly anticipated that the incumbent Tottenham board had under-estimated the costs of the development and was ready to move in when they lost their shirts. Ten years later he made the same mistake on the opposite side of the stadium.

Bull.

Moron
OK Kid Chameleon

which bits do you disagree with?

can't wait

Back
Top Bottom