Sky & BT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes but it's an original '3pm' game. Sunday 7.15 is not a traditional TV time so this is an 'extra' as they see it. Only moved to be on PPV.

There’s a massive backlash against this and quite rightly. Whilst I’m not that bothered if I can’t watch every away game I’m a season ticket holder so should be able to watch the home ones. The club should try and sort something so that we are given access to these games. It’s on all the back papers today that it is a low move so I think some clubs will try and distance themselves from it.

Really cant see me paying this. On top of the other subscriptions is just a step too far.

They should at least give a heavily reduced price for those who already subscribe to BT/SKY. £5 sounds about right.

15 pounds a game - LMAO.

Nobody is paying that. Idiots.

I wonder if it’s a last ditch attempt to survive . They get what they deserve , greedy bastards
I shall have a smile on my face the day Sky go bust
Especially during a time we’re people are genuinely worried financially they do this

Last edited:
just thinks its another nail in the coffin. I can afford to pay but I wont sky and bts coverage is shit and you have to put up with overly biased opinions which just piss me off. I,m not paying for that

If it's costing 'homes' £15, I suspect it will cost pubs a hell of a lot more. It's certainly how the PPV boxing is priced.

For example the cost for Joshua Vs Klitschko was £24 (I think) whilst pubs were charged around £300.
Good question really since ppv works very differently when it comes to licences for pubs to show. Big tournaments like the world cup or Euros usually have one very large licencing fee as a one off similar to how the pl is now, but I doubt they'll let pubs show these games without paying extra...

If it's costing 'homes' £15, I suspect it will cost pubs a hell of a lot more. It's certainly how the PPV boxing is priced.

For example the cost for Joshua Vs Klitschko was £24 (I think) whilst pubs were charged around £300.
Yeah a lot of pubs have ditched sky/bt at the moment as it costs too much with what's been going on.

So potentially, when the next batch of live games are announced, they could all be traditionally smaller interest matches. Leaving Sky/BT free to put the glamour fixtures on PPV.

Who’s going to cover it if Sky and BT don’t?
They always get covered regardless of whether they're on Sky or BT.

You can watch a 3pm game on a stream even though its not being shown on any channel in the UK as it will be being sent to the international territories.

Its not like Sky and BT will have massive additional costs for these games if that's what they're trying to justify it with.

Nope, it's just the usual screwing over of fans (especially rinsing UK based fans).

They always get covered regardless of whether they're on Sky or BT.

You can watch a 3pm game on a stream even though its not being shown on any channel in the UK as it will be being sent to the international territories.

Its not like Sky and BT will have massive additional costs for these games if that's what they're trying to justify it with.

Nope, it's just the usual screwing over of fans (especially rinsing UK based fans).
Yes, but who?

Not sure what you're getting at - why can't Sky or BT cover it under their existing subscription models.

You could even just have no studio analysis.
beIn sports show every premier game including 3pm kick offs on a Saturday afternoon. Big matches normally on Bein 11

Yes, but they just piggyback onto Sky’s coverage. Who would cover games if Sky or BT don’t?

Someone else would step in . I see amazon cover a lot of tennis these days . I don’t know if they send out camera crews themselves but I’m sure they have the ££

this was always going to happen & it could have been a really good idea , say charging £60 for a season ticket of games but of course greed ruined it

Back
Top Bottom