Sky & BT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe we are at that point where the thing implodes on itself. I could never see the model sustain itself indefinitely, with stupid wages and transfer fees. I have stopped my BT subscription, which was free when it first came out, as I was a BT customer. Then I paid £5 extra when they started charging. This year was the 1st time they would not budge on that price and wanted £20 - so that was binned. Now we have Amazon, Premier TV and so on, all getting involved. BT didn't even show our Europa league games - wasn't their tag line that they showed ALL European ties at one point ?

Still have SKY, but got a decent price and I actually do like the latest SKY Q product, which also passes the wife acceptance test.

What if BT and SKY both pulled out ? Income would plummet, players would have to slum it on maybe £100K a year ? What would happen to us poor supporters. Well, perhaps we could go back to paying £300 a year for a season ticket...........

Can't see it happening obviously, but I think this Covid situation has just accelerated us towards the buffers that we were inevitably going to hit at some point.

Someone else would step in . I see amazon cover a lot of tennis these days . I don’t know if they send out camera crews themselves but I’m sure they have the ££

this was always going to happen & it could have been a really good idea , say charging £60 for a season ticket of games but of course greed ruined it
Yes, but you’re always going to have to pay for it unless you stream or go to the pub. I don’t know what people expect. Their model costs £60 a month, not £60 a season. I’m not too bothered personally, apart from Spurs football can fuck itself.

Yes, but you’re always going to have to pay for it unless you stream or go to the pub. I don’t know what people expect. Their model costs £60 a month, not £60 a season. I’m not too bothered personally, apart from Spurs football can fuck itself.

Oh , of course but I think , especially during the current situation , it was ill timed & overpriced.

I know these companies are all about making as much money as possible but times have / are changing . They will lose a lot of the very thing they need , customers . Typical shortsightedness of their behalf . Streams are already affecting them
Beginning of the end , I hope.

Someone else would step in . I see amazon cover a lot of tennis these days . I don’t know if they send out camera crews themselves but I’m sure they have the ££

this was always going to happen & it could have been a really good idea , say charging £60 for a season ticket of games but of course greed ruined it
Hey furball. I’ve been reading on here recently ( Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ) that if you only watch Spurs you’re a plastic fan. I can’t be arsed arguing with him, he’s so entrenched, but I really don’t like modern football. If I didn’t have a deep rooted fixation for Tottenham I wouldn’t give it a second thought. It’s so bland.

Oh , of course but I think , especially during the current situation , it was ill timed & overpriced.

I know these companies are all about making as much money as possible but times have / are changing . They will lose a lot of the very thing they need , customers . Typical shortsightedness of their behalf . Streams are already affecting them
Beginning of the end , I hope.
Oh I’m not sticking up for them, I was simply asking who would pay for the coverage, and what they’d want in return.

Hey furball. I’ve been reading on here recently ( Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ) that if you only watch Spurs you’re a plastic fan. I can’t be arsed arguing with him, he’s so entrenched, but I really don’t like modern football. If I didn’t have a deep rooted fixation for Tottenham I wouldn’t give it a second thought. It’s so bland.

I don’t know what “ Spurs” is . I only come in here for the grooming

I only watch Spurs or if I hear someone is getting battered who I don’t like , maybe I’ll have a game in in the background but I only really watched us.

Football these days , probably party caused by the media hype isn’t that enjoyable

End of last season the games we are now seeing on PPV were the type of dross that was being left to BBC to serve up. Would have been nice to see that continue but understand the agreements are complicated.

I don’t know what “ Spurs” is . I only come in here for the grooming

I only watch Spurs or if I hear someone is getting battered who I don’t like , maybe I’ll have a game in in the background but I only really watched us.

Football these days , probably party caused by the media hype isn’t that enjoyable
Spurs to me is the longest love affair I’ve ever had. Even before I knew what it meant. I’d drop it today if I could. Have a peaceful Sunday.

I think it’s IMG productions who broadcast the games . Amazon could buy them with the change in their pockets . Perhaps Microsoft could get involved
Sky are clearly struggling , hence the ridiculous fees. Some of these huge companies would not see broadcasting games as their lifeline

Last edited:
Quick recap: the logic of PPV and the pricing here is:
If fans can't go to stadiums, they should be a legal / high quality offering to watch games. At least for season ticket holders, as they are the ones who have bought tickets for these games already.

ST holders get reimbursed for games missed, and this is the way they can choose to watch instead.
So pricing is coming from comparison with cost of a ST per game, around £30 across the league. So just less than half.

The PL see it as an offer for ST holders who now have a legal way to satisfy their addiction. I don't agree with it, but I think that's how we got here.

There’s a massive backlash against this and quite rightly. Whilst I’m not that bothered if I can’t watch every away game I’m a season ticket holder so should be able to watch the home ones. The club should try and sort something so that we are given access to these games. It’s on all the back papers today that it is a low move so I think some clubs will try and distance themselves from it.
Well they all (bar Leicester) voted for it, so can't really see how they can distance themselves from it.

I simply have an Amazon 4K fire stick in the TV with Vola Sports APK Download for Android, FireStick, iOS, PC sideloaded on and use Nord VPN for hiding my ISP. Works very well and for films/TV series I use Cinema HD | Download Cinema HD APK on Android (LATEST)

Amazon product ASIN B079QB9BD7
Don't have any problems at all watching live games. Sky and BT will eventually implode. Does anybody have any idea how much they charge a pub per month ? It must be a fucking astronomical amount. Quite a few where I live have 'dodgy boxes' installed and they pay an initial set up fee then a small monthly amount for a pin number. Illegal maybe but much, much cheaper.

Great thing with the firesticks is they are portable so if you go to a mates house or stay away in a hotel you can just connect it up to the TV via HDMI socket and then the WiFi and away you go.
How easy is this to do, Mr. Voldemort Mr. Voldemort ?

Do you load theNordVPN app on to the stick as well? How do you load apps on to the stick - plug it into a laptop?

I currently stream the games on my iPad (cast on to AppleTV), but this sounds like a good alternative (plus the bonus of films/tv).

Quick recap: the logic of PPV and the pricing here is:
If fans can't go to stadiums, they should be a legal / high quality offering to watch games. At least for season ticket holders, as they are the ones who have bought tickets for these games already.

ST holders get reimbursed for games missed, and this is the way they can choose to watch instead.
So pricing is coming from comparison with cost of a ST per game, around £30 across the league. So just less than half.

The PL see it as an offer for ST holders who now have a legal way to satisfy their addiction. I don't agree with it, but I think that's how we got here.
ST holders haven't paid for any games yet, so there is nothing to reimburse.

How easy is this to do, Mr. Voldemort Mr. Voldemort ?

Do you load theNordVPN app on to the stick as well? How do you load apps on to the stick - plug it into a laptop?

I currently stream the games on my iPad (cast on to AppleTV), but this sounds like a good alternative (plus the bonus of films/tv).
The Nord app is already in the Amazon store. On the main home page click on the magnifying glass (far left) and then start to type in Nord. It should appear and you can load from there.
Give me some time and I'll post up how to sideload
:thumbup:

The Nord app is already in the Amazon store. On the main home page click on the magnifying glass (far left) and then start to type in Nord. It should appear and you can load from there.
Give me some time and I'll post up how to sideload
:thumbup:
Thank you - don't have a Firestick yet, but with Prime Day coming up soon, I'll probably grab one.

Back
Top Bottom