Sky & BT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The games on PPV...

Sat Oct 17: Newcastle vs Manchester United - Kick-Off 8pm

Sun Oct 18: Leicester City vs Aston Villa - Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Oct 19: West Brom vs Burnley - Kick-Off 5.30pm

Sat Oct 24: Liverpool vs Sheffield United - Kick-Off 8pm

Sun Oct 25: Woolwich vs Leicester - Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Oct 26: Brighton vs West Brom - Kick-Off 5.30pm

Sun Nov 1: Aston Villa vs Southampton - Kick-Off 12pm

Sun Nov 1: Tottenham vs Brighton- Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Nov 2: Fulham vs West Brom - Kick-Off 5.30pm

The games on PPV...

Sat Oct 17: Newcastle vs Manchester United - Kick-Off 8pm

Sun Oct 18: Leicester City vs Aston Villa - Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Oct 19: West Brom vs Burnley - Kick-Off 5.30pm

Sat Oct 24: Liverpool vs Sheffield United - Kick-Off 8pm

Sun Oct 25: Woolwich vs Leicester - Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Oct 26: Brighton vs West Brom - Kick-Off 5.30pm

Sun Nov 1: Aston Villa vs Southampton - Kick-Off 12pm

Sun Nov 1: Tottenham vs Brighton- Kick-Off 7.15pm

Mon Nov 2: Fulham vs West Brom - Kick-Off 5.30pm

bet West Brom fans are delighted with that

So what will the Government say when fans complain that Opera is allowing Audiences and so why not football. What you worrying about all Premiership matches are on TV. But I support a lower division team. Well at least you can pay through the nose to watch televised matches.
In other words they will not want to know and fans getting back into the stadium is even further away.

I bet a fair few do pay it tbh.
Football fans should stick together and refuse to pay it then these money grabbing bastards will have to rethink
Sky & Bt are at it and always have been for every one punter that’s says no there will be 3 that will agree to pay it unless EVERYONE says no then it won’t change I rehashed my mums Sky package paying £34 per month reduced too £17 for two years.

How many comments start with ‘I can afford to pay, but...’,this is why football has become what it has; why our average fan age at a game is about 55 (too young?) and why Sky is still going. The bottom will fall out eventually, however, it will take longer than people assume.

It really doesn’t matter if you can afford to pay, that’s not the point. Millions can’t, they are unable to afford to watch a match on TV never mind going to a game (London and SE in particular). If fandom actually existed, we could have eradicated the appalling situation PL football is in (for English, some Welsh and a few PL Scots fans; the rest of the world gets it pretty good) The ONLY reason why the rest of the world watches PL is because English fans were passionate, fun to watch and known (Hoolies helped with this a bit I feel) and some smart arsed suits took advantage of this ‘pashun’. Great drama, theatre and a bit of sport in 90 mins.

if we all made a pact that we wouldn’t go to games, purchase BT/Sky (Especially before the world market really took off) then we would have football as we wanted.

But it’s all good as, well, ‘I can afford to pay, but...’

So what will the Government say when fans complain that Opera is allowing Audiences and so why not football. What you worrying about all Premiership matches are on TV. But I support a lower division team. Well at least you can pay through the nose to watch televised matches.
In other words they will not want to know and fans getting back into the stadium is even further away.
It's purely classist. Protect the culture that is "fine" and "fancy" whilst leaving working class culture spots like football clubs or night clubs/small concert venues to die.

This will only be useful for us Irish viewers but if you have Premier Sports in Ire you'll get free access to these PPV games

It is the PL setting the £15, as I understand it BT & SKY are just covering costs.

Always willing to put the boot in but should be aimed mainly at the clubs for this idea

See Government are trying to pressurise BT to show Merseyside derby for free. Holding out for now. If they relent then it will; be open season for other matches to go the same way.

See Government are trying to pressurise BT to show Merseyside derby for free. Holding out for now. If they relent then it will; be open season for other matches to go the same way.
Yeah there’s call for it in Scotland as well for the old firm game.

I’d happily drop Sky & BT and just stream Spurs games but then I’d lose cricket, F1 and UFC. Got us by the short and curries, the buggers.

It's purely classist. Protect the culture that is "fine" and "fancy" whilst leaving working class culture spots like football clubs or night clubs/small concert venues to die.

You'd think they would be more likely to protect football, as its the bread and circuses for the masses that stops them thinking too hard about other stuff. At least that's the Roman theory

Back
Top Bottom