Smartest ambitions for the remainder of the season...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we aim to finish 8th and dodge the Europa League?

• Yes. Fuck the Europa League. Start playing on Saturdays again and hit the domestic competitions hard

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • No. To quote Bill Nick: "If we're not in Europe, we're nothing. We're nothing."

Votes: 70 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would mean finishing 7th. I like watching us twice a week, whether the players do or not. It's great for the fans, and it means events like 1882 can take place. Plus win Europa and get Champions League. Don't really see the problem.

We'd only cock up qualifying for the Champions League anyway.

As has already been mentioned, I'd like Europa as it gives us another shot at CL and something to play for since we didn't use it to blood the youths anyway.

I think we're trying too hard to finesse the future by making these types of assessments. Why not try to enter a competition and actually try and win it? I know, financially, how important the Champions League has become but I would absolutely love some Europa League glory.

I think we're trying too hard to finesse the future by making these types of assessments. Why not try to enter a competition and actually try and win it? I know, financially, how important the Champions League has become but I would absolutely love some Europa League glory.

As of next year it accomplishes both, so there's not even a need to have such a debate. We win a trophy, get Champions League, have more opportunities to watch our lads play and for them to gel. Really shouldn't even be a question.

Great this debate again

groundhog-day-bill-murray-smashes-alarm-clock.gif

Rather send a team full of kids to play in the Europa league than finishing 7th to not compete in it.

I'd say give it another go next season though.

And people moan at this club for showing no ambition. This squad need as many games as possible to get things clicking......the more the better. We also have a young squad who will benefit from learning what it is like to play in Europe. Look at our bench tonight, those kids would have learned a lot from the whole experience, it should have also given them a massive buzz to be sat in that stadium against a European giant like Benfica.

With a big squad playing in other competitions keeps everyone happy and in theory should keep competitions for places high.
If we don't cut it in Euopa, why would we be any good in CL?
As for Liverpool, they will be fucked next year as they simply do not have the depth of squad to compete in CL, it will undoubtably effect there league aspirations too.
The only thing I hate about it is the Eastern European teams that no one has ever heard of and playing on their dog shit pitches. I would prefer to play closer to home.

Not wanting to finish as high in the league as we can and not wanting to enter a tournament for a trophy just feels plain wrong.

And I still don't understand the difference between playing Thursday and Sunday in the Europa vs Tues/Wed and Saturday in the CL. It's still twice a week.

Once said by the Great Bill Nic if Tottenham are not in Europe they are nothing.And also for Tottenham to finish in the top 4 again even without Europa is a massive ask we would find somthing to blame

Anyone else kind of think it would be helpful if we were to miss out on European games next season?
Do a Liverpool and take it easy and only play one game a week, since we know how terrible we are after playing mid week, considering we've only won, correct me if Im wrong once after?

I feel this would be the best thing by far for us, get all the new signings training together more, rather than flying over to god knows where in the middle of Ukraine. Should give us a much better run in the league.

Alas that would mean finishing 6th and being beat by Man U.. Which would be a right kick in the balls.
Footballs about winning trophies not about 4th fucking place & then enter the make up the numbers cup to keep up with the jones's..
Your post proves football is fucked

Not more of this defeatist bullshit. If you can't handle the Europa league against minnows, you have fuck all chance of coping with the champions league.

Anyone else kind of think it would be helpful if we were to miss out on European games next season?
Do a Liverpool and take it easy and only play one game a week, since we know how terrible we are after playing mid week, considering we've only won, correct me if Im wrong once after?

I feel this would be the best thing by far for us, get all the new signings training together more, rather than flying over to god knows where in the middle of Ukraine. Should give us a much better run in the league.

Alas that would mean finishing 6th and being beat by Man U.. Which would be a right kick in the balls.
Are you Talksport in disguise ?

Back
Top Bottom