Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This forum is starting to turn into spurscommuity I swear.

Reasonable opinions that include both positives and negatives are being discarded in favour of either

A) It's the end of the world and spurs are shit etc.

Or

B) If you say anything negative about spurs you're a cunt and not a real supporter.

Letting these people control the narrative on this forum will be the death of it, the second the happy clapper "I am always offended" brigade got hold of SC it was game over, doesn't help the mods were wankers as well.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging how great we have been to get to a CL final whilst also acknowledging that during the final we played poorly and have probably blown the biggest opportunity this club will have in years unless we make significant monetary investment in the squad going forward.

That's called having a balanced opinion, some cunts on this forum think we will get back to another CL final and win the PL even if don't sign anybody or we only spend 10 mill in the window.

Get real for fuck sake, every other team is improving around us, we barely and I mean BARELY made it into the top 4 and we lost more games this season than the last two combined.

That being said, I am proud as fuck that Poch and the players had the guts and courage to make it to the CL final and I think it would be criminal to not allow Poch to have the funds available to put us on a level playing field with City and Pool.
So actually being a committed supporter now isn't enough? I can't stand behind the team, manager and club, no matter who they are because I support Spurs?
That's a happy clapper is it?
I have to question and bitch about everything to show my loyalty, irrespective of the fact that either approach makes no fucking difference, because there isn't a damn thing I can do either way?
Make your mind up.
Here's a thing for you to ponder. Look up support and try to work out which camp falls closest to the description.
I for one would prefer to look on the bright side, support the club in all aspects and appreciate what we get. Because being a whining, moaning dissatisfied and pissed off miserable tosser who thinks he's owed the world and having it delivered free of charge makes people look like shithouse human beings, in my opinion.
Spending my life being jealous of everyone who is doing better than me seems to be a destructive way to live your life.

Fair points. Brilliant post mate. I genuinely have

Fair points. Good well put post mate. If I'm honest having now calmed down I realise it was probably not the thread I should of been venting in. I can completely understand your point, and would like to sincerely apologise for clearly ruining it for some people.
I really did not intend to do that, I am a grown up who takes responsibility for his actions. Sometimes it takes somebody pointing you in the right direction to make you realise. Some posters are very quick with insults, but that still does not excuse me from ruining it for others who were also hurting from the result and wanted to post some positive messages....thank you for the straightener sir, consider me firmly put in my place..again I apologise to any posters genuine or not that I irritated. If my kids acted like I did I would of been furious....thanks Mr sack race for pulling me back into line. COYS
Good for you, young man :)

So actually being a committed supporter now isn't enough? I can't stand behind the team, manager and club, no matter who they are because I support Spurs?
That's a happy clapper is it?
I have to question and bitch about everything to show my loyalty, irrespective of the fact that either approach makes no fucking difference, because there isn't a damn thing I can do either way?
Make your mind up.
Here's a thing for you to ponder. Look up support and try to work out which camp falls closest to the description.
I for one would prefer to look on the bright side, support the club in all aspects and appreciate what we get. Because being a whining, moaning dissatisfied and pissed off miserable tosser who thinks he's owed the world and having it delivered free of charge makes people look like shithouse human beings, in my opinion.
Spending my life being jealous of everyone who is doing better than me seems to be a destructive way to live your life.

What the fuck are you going on about? Did you even read my post?

What's jealousy got to do with anything? I am genuinely confused by your response, it seems like you read the words "happy clapper" and immediately started ranting about shit that was completely irrelevant to my post.

I said I dislike both extremes, I want to engage in discussion with level headed people who can accept it's ok to criticise the club (without being a complete cunt about it) and still be a good supporter.

This black and white view on things is the reason why discussion about football is so hard, it's like talking to people with an IQ of 10, incapable of actually engaging in rational and intelligent discussion and trying to see things from all perspectives.

Anyone know the info behind this one? The new club World Cup format kicks in in 2021. A 24 team format including group stages and knockout football:

It states:

According to a report in The Times last year - before Liverpool even played Real in the Champions League final - the Reds were among the first invitees, along with Man United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Juventus and Inter Milan.

Although reports later stated that the European clubs invited would be the Champions League winners, Champions League runners-up and Europa League winners from the four seasons up to and including the year of the event.

Obviously it's still up in the air but if the last paragraph has legs our status as finalist this year means we get to take part in the newly formatted Club World Cup.

Does anyone have any solid info on this one? If it's true it's yet another reason to be positive about what went down on Saturday. All pie in the sky unless someone can confirm of course.

Edit: Reuters seems to think this is the case, as can be seen below:

Anyone know the info behind this one? The new club World Cup format kicks in in 2021. A 24 team format including group stages and knockout football:

It states:

According to a report in The Times last year - before Liverpool even played Real in the Champions League final - the Reds were among the first invitees, along with Man United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Juventus and Inter Milan.

Although reports later stated that the European clubs invited would be the Champions League winners, Champions League runners-up and Europa League winners from the four seasons up to and including the year of the event.

Obviously it's still up in the air but if the last paragraph has legs our status as finalist this year means we get to take part in the newly formatted Club World Cup.

Does anyone have any solid info on this one? If it's true it's yet another reason to be positive about what went down on Saturday. All pie in the sky unless someone can confirm of course.

Edit: Reuters seems to think this is the case, as can be seen below:

This article seems confused. The Club World Cup is taking place this year. It's in Qatar in December.

As for the big revamped Club World Cup: I expect they will find a way to exclude us at the expense of all the big European teams who aren't getting to finals any time soon. It will likely be as simple as them saying "Actually, we'd rather have Man Utd, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, etc. Laterz!"

This article seems confused. The Club World Cup is taking place this year. It's in Qatar in December.

As for the big revamped Club World Cup: I expect they will find a way to exclude us at the expense of all the big European teams who aren't getting to finals any time soon. It will likely be as simple as them saying "Actually, we'd rather have Man Utd, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, etc. Laterz!"

The way I'm reading it is that the current format will stay the same up until 2021 whereby the format changes. From there on it will take place every 4 years and the ones that qualify for it will be either:

Invited teams which I'm guessing will rule us out as UEFA/FIFA will want it to be a spectacle or....

Teams that won the Champions League, finished as runners up the previous four seasons and/ or the four winners of the Europa League from 2018-2021.

Nothing has been confirmed yet but if the new format is in place and if it follows the route whereby Europe has 12 teams representing it based on the qualifying criteria being based on performance more than random invite then we may very well have got into this via our performed this season. Nothing seems confirmed yet which makes it a little bit of a farce. Reuters seems to think we may have qualified though and they ain't a poor source.

Up to £1bn of money pumped into it they reckon. 75% of which will be distributed between participating teams :levyeyes:

What the fuck are you going on about? Did you even read my post?

What's jealousy got to do with anything? I am genuinely confused by your response, it seems like you read the words "happy clapper" and immediately started ranting about shit that was completely irrelevant to my post.

I said I dislike both extremes, I want to engage in discussion with level headed people who can accept it's ok to criticise the club (without being a complete cunt about it) and still be a good supporter.

This black and white view on things is the reason why discussion about football is so hard, it's like talking to people with an IQ of 10, incapable of actually engaging in rational and intelligent discussion and trying to see things from all perspectives.
You obviously didn't read mine, so we are even.

Second time going away in Europe for me. No ticket this time but it was worth it. Really need to get a group together and do it again. Feel like nothing will live up to the final atmosphere but still plenty of fun to be had.

Oh and we didn’t get embarrassed on the world stage..

Fair points. Brilliant post mate. I genuinely have

Fair points. Good well put post mate. If I'm honest having now calmed down I realise it was probably not the thread I should of been venting in. I can completely understand your point, and would like to sincerely apologise for clearly ruining it for some people.
I really did not intend to do that, I am a grown up who takes responsibility for his actions. Sometimes it takes somebody pointing you in the right direction to make you realise. Some posters are very quick with insults, but that still does not excuse me from ruining it for others who were also hurting from the result and wanted to post some positive messages....thank you for the straightener sir, consider me firmly put in my place..again I apologise to any posters genuine or not that I irritated. If my kids acted like I did I would of been furious....thanks Mr sack race for pulling me back into line. COYS

Now, prompted by some random praise from MrsP, I've had to read Nige's gracious apology and unignore him.

I don't know whether I'm coming or going any more.

The whole campaign gave me some of the best feelings and memories I've ever had as a Spurs fan.

From the late winner from Kane against PSV, from the late winner against Inter, the late equaliser against Barcelona. Smashing Dortmund. The whole Man City tie and then the unbelievable 45 minutes in Holland.

FFS, some fans wrote us off after 3 group games. Yet they sit here and moan and call their own team bottlers or shit. Grow up.

A great journey. One in which I thought I'd never see us make. Sure, disappointing we didnt lift the trophy but that's football. It happens. We go again.

COYS
I agree Totti. This CL run has been a hell of a lot of fun.
We're allowed to be disappointed and proud at the same time.

Plus it has cemented my nine year old as a football fan which has been a delight to see.

Last edited:
Madrid was fun and didn't break my back account this time. I got to watch the match on a TV with the catering staff at the wedding and saw some old friends I hadn't seen in years. All in all a good trip even if we had a drab result

I had one of my best days ever. We already went to the HighRoad around 13.00. Then Brickies, No8 in the garden and watched the game there. Will never forget the atmosphere!

Back
Top Bottom