Some Positive Spurs Stats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/everton-0-0-spurs-the-stats-051113/

They show amongst other things, we've kept 13 clean sheets in our 17 matches in all competitions this season. Last season, we kept 14 in 54 matches in all competitions.

Some great stats for Sandro - unbeaten in the last 14 he's started

While, as a big fan of Dawson, I enjoy the one that we've only lost 4 games in the last 37 that our captain and leader has started. Excellent stuff.

Also we have 66 points from our last 32 Prem games, definitely CL form.

So well done to Spurs and AVB for some very good Lge form over a sustained period now.

It was the start last season that did for us, when guess what AVB dropped Dawson, and also refused to play Lloris for some of the games he was available for.

Last edited:
These stats clearly indicate that we are on the right track. Sure, there is still a lot of tinkering to be done and we must be patient. One stat that must be improved (and probably will since i can't see it getting any worse) is our goals scored/chances created ratio, currently at 9/131. On the other hand, the fact that we are not conceding any goals can only bring confidence to the team, which will hopefully translate into a higher efficiency in front of goal.

I can't complain we haven't got strikers anymore cos we have & still we don't score. I hope it's just a case of climatising to the Prem. Got high hopes for Lamella.

And to think AVB was gonna sell Daws

Yes we need to accentuate the positive. Hopefully the attacking aspect of our game will click into place, once the players get used to AVB's tactics/each other.

Yes we need to accentuate the positive. Hopefully the attacking aspect of our game will click into place, once the players get used to AVB's tactics/each other.
Strikers live off goals, so of course there is always an issue in terms of morale for an attacker if he doesn't score on a regular basis. We should also take this into consideration when analysing our situation; we have enough fire power to get into the Champions League, but we must also accept that we lack some team chemistry at the moment.

Good stats. Our current average would see us finish with 76 points. In the last five seasons, such a points tally would have seen us finish 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and a comfortable 4th. Yet, I think we all feel we are underachieving a bit at the moment with the talent and depth we have...nice place to be.

Good stats. Our current average would see us finish with 76 points. In the last five seasons, such a points tally would have seen us finish 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and a comfortable 4th. Yet, I think we all feel we are underachieving a bit at the moment with the talent and depth we have...nice place to be.

I actually think the only reason we feel that we're underachieving is a) the opportunities to be higher in the table (which, at this stage, means almost nothing) and b) that Woolwich are topping it. If that lot and Chelsea were in 8th and 9th, we wouldn't give anywhere close to as much of a fuck. We'd all be too busy giving each other reacharounds to argue about anything.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/everton-0-0-spurs-the-stats-051113/

They show amongst other things, we've kept 13 clean sheets in our 17 matches in all competitions this season. Last season, we kept 14 in 54 matches in all competitions.

Some great stats for Sandro - unbeaten in the last 14 he's started

While, as a big fan of Dawson, I enjoy the one that we've only lost 4 games in the last 37 that our captain and leader has started. Excellent stuff.

Also we have 66 points from our last 32 Prem games, definitely CL form.

So well done to Spurs and AVB for some very good Lge form over a sustained period now.

It was the start last season that did for us, when guess what AVB dropped Dawson, and also refused to play Lloris for some of the games he was available for.

Good too see you back, old buddy

Cheers Arc. How well has Hugo done since we were championing him to play instead of Brad last season on 'another site'
Absolutely brilliantly, I believe is the answer :)
If anything - wish the change-over took place earlier last season - who knows, might have been the difference in those 2 points we needed for CL qualifications

worth a read for this if nothing else:

"Has anyone ever been yellow carded for being offside too many times in a match, or been caught so far offside it's deemed cautionable?"wondered Iain Laurie a few weeks ago.

If use the definition of 'anyone' as being, well, anyone then we can go even better than a yellow card, with one individual who was given his marching orders for giving a linesman RSI. "Oldham's mascot Chaddy the Owl was sent off during a game against Peterborough in 2000, after the linesman kept mistaking him for a player and flagging him offside," writes Ed Rostron. "As Chaddy himself [aka Kevin Williams] said: 'Fair enough, I did have a replica shirt on ... but I also have a big furry head.'"

If anything - wish the change-over took place earlier last season - who knows, might have been the difference in those 2 points we needed for CL qualifications
You and me both Arc, you and me both. I definitely wanted Hugo in after he'd kept a clean sheet in his first match, an EL match v Lazio IIRC. Which I believe was our first clean sheet that season. I actually called for him to be in after our first home where Brad's immobility cost us the lead, though to be fair Brad did well v Norwich as well as WBA overall, but in both games valuable points were dropped and the warning signs were there. What was all wrong was Brad being in goal as late as the Chelsea game, massive howler by AVB that. Hugo had played the lge game previous v Villa, kept a clean sheet and was still dropped - very wrong indeed.

Back
Top Bottom