Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not blame the referee, we were simply woeful and lack the decisive pass and saints nearly snatch a win had it not being for Sanchez.

Gil was the most likely scorer but the ball was given to Doherty instead who had a few sniff but that's about it creating anything, if there's anything it's the lack of a shooting ability from Hojberg and Winks which made it easier for saints to defend

Yeh, we need to win every game 4-1 just in case the ref fucks us over for 2 clear goals....... :contethumb:

Let's not blame the referee, we were simply woeful and lack the decisive pass and saints nearly snatch a win had it not being for Sanchez.

Gil was the most likely scorer but the ball was given to Doherty instead who had a few sniff but that's about it creating anything, if there's anything it's the lack of a shooting ability from Hojberg and Winks which made it easier for saints to defend
I agree. Unless we win by several clear goals I don't celebrate a "win".

I live a very miserable life and wouldn't be fun at parties if I went

:pritchardeyes:

Im not too hung up on the goalkeeper dropping the ball and it going in not being counted. It was a fluke and no one meant it.

But the Kane goal was a positive thing we did. Terrible VAR rules is the main reason why we didnt win. It would have definitely helped to create other good chances too though and some slightly better decisions from the manager could have helped too.

But if our perfectly good goals were allowed like they should we would have wrapped that game up. Do we need to score 6 goals to win 2-1 now?
I must admit, I didn't see the game so I don't really have a leg to stand on concerning these particular incidents.
I think I'm probably reacting to all the conspiracy theories I keep reading on here that are fairly wearing over time.
Since the introduction of VAR, we've all seen spurious decisions given to all teams at one time or another and this conspiracy theory about anti Spurs is just plain paranoia.
What I would really love to see is one or two "top" officials interviewed by one of the better pundits and being asked to explain (with video) some of the more curious decisions made by them.
The only real answer is the abolition of VAR and getting back to the tef being solely responsible for decisions (and mistakes). When Harry scores a goal and his dick is offside, the FA needs to do something. So essentially I'm with you but it happens to everyone. Not just Spurs.

I genuinely suspect that things like the Kane/liverpool outrage get discussed by the refs and they try and 'balance' things with stupid decisions like today.
Refs have always been accused of trying to even up harsh decisions. No one can dispute the 2nd yellow that led to the red card but possibly the first. So when Conte stopped the evening up of players by subbing Reguilon, Var refs decided to even it up in another way. At the time the way the game was going they probably thought it would not matter as we would eventually score. I do not blame the ref for giving a foul on the GK but why did VAR not tell him to take another look at it.

Conte got his subs wrong. Gil should have been first change as we did not need a RWB to play LWB against 10 men. The match was crying out for someone to take on the defenders and when Moura came on I thought that would happen but he was disappointing. Ndombele should also have come on as whilst I see his deficiencies against 10 men he could have had a free role and made the difference.

Back
Top Bottom