Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually I have to admit I like Hull. The harbour front and marina are gorgeous and there's a Keralan restaurant there that is superb. Beautiful small cathedral there too. Very good hospitals. Plus it's close to Beverley which I spend a couple of weeks in during the summer. The Sunday pork lunches with crackling....you can't beat it.

I used to live near Beverley and was a season ticket holder for a few years at HullFC
Going there for the Rovers Derby soon in February
Hull is like most cities in that it has it’s shite areas but the Old Town is nice and The Deep is great for kids

The ball stayed in play for too long after the challenge. I'm pretty convinced that had the ball gone out of play right away VAR would have intervened.

Once the ball did go out; you could clearly see Dean say 'no, not now' down his mic.

If your players feel there is a genuine need for a VAR check - get the ball out of play ASAP and swamp the referee.

Shows how pointless is.

"Hey Mike, we've seen something which you didn't. Should we take a look at it, because it looks like a clear and obvious mistake."
"No, I not now."

If they had gone on the counter and scored, would that foul have been looked at? Sometimes things are brought back quite far and sometimes they aren't. I don't get it.

We were beaten by a good goal rather than a defensive mistake.
It was a goal out of nothing, which was particularly disappointing. Sessegnon conceded possession, Alli's attempt to press the CB who played the ball over the top was utterly disgraceful, Toby and Jan stepped up just before the pass was played (which allowed Ings to get a headstart on them), Toby made a fool of himself and fell over, Jan's "recovery run", and a keeper who stood there like a cow chewing the cud. That two such experienced CBs could be beaten by a simple ball over the top was alarming. It's the type of thing you'd expect to see from Woolwich. If we go out and buy a CB this January, you'll hear no objections from me.

Back
Top Bottom