Southampton vs Tottenham - Sun 20th Sept at 12noon.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you, however - using expletive laden insults come across as the voice of intellectual reason.

It's not only men that post on this board, show some respect for the women who post here that find that kind of language offensive.

You point is admirable and correct, the vehicle you delivered it in, not so.
'Women! Listen away, now.'
Do me a favour... some of the phrases* I've heard come out of Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman 's mouth would make your ears bleed!!!

*Only joking Mrs P, your language is as clean as a Tesco hand sanitizing station!!!

I thought his comments were spot-on though. (I can't see what's been said by Sammy as he's now on ignore).

I have little time for most commentators and co-comms on account that most are narrative driven, where very little substance is shared usually because very little homework and basic research is done on the teams they are commnetating on (this is directed mainly to the co-comms, I think loads of research is done by the commentators but unfortunately these days this is directed in the area of utterly baseless stats).

Some people simply just can't take criticism levied at their team. There are always times where that is felt more keenly than others and I can openly admit to getting annoyed at what is being said as it dosen't reflect the game I'm watching.

But we were dog shit in the first half, being outplayed and had no control of the game, I feel his and every single pundit and analyist I've subsequently read or listened to since this game has also reflected this. To some it ha clearly upset, to others (me) I was nodding along with it.

Just how "outplayed" were we though.....? Like I said to Blakey; we could have gon in 3-1 up at HT.

Let's look at S'oton.... How well did they ACTUALLY play in that first half? We proved in the first 5 minutes that their defense was there to be exposed. They lacked the quality to capitalise on their attacking impetus. All they really did was dominate an area of the pitch that we largely conceded to them anyway... And even that was largely effective on our part considering the 3 or 4 goalscoring openings we found and that they visibly burned themselves out.

I'm not claiming we were perfect however; ironically our back 6 are still not working well defensively.

Additionally, although I think Ndombele did ok, Gio's energy gave us a shot in the arm when he came on.

Last edited:
And if it isn’t, let’s give the new set up a few weeks to click as best it can.
Seems like everyone is willing to let Chelsea and Utd click, but not their own.

I don't sit on the forum during a game because I cunt off every single player who mis places a pass, I want to sell Son when he missed his first chance to get his 4th, want to head butt Lloris when he came out the box and Ings handballed to score. I've sacked and re-employed Mourinho about 70 times.

Luckily my father-in-law I watch the game with doesn't listen to my overreactive melty bullshit.

If your going to re cunt off the melt cunts then your gonna be herding cats the rest of your life!

So we should have put Bale and Reguilon on hold and gone after a CB?

I've noticed something:

January 20: Fans want striker..... Sign a winger.... "Needed a striker.... Unnacceptable"
Summer 20: Still no striker..... Sign a winger.... "Cool..... Let's get a CB now"

And if it isn’t, let’s give the new set up a few weeks to click as best it can.
Seems like everyone is willing to let Chelsea and Utd click, but not their own.
I do believe it’s the knee jerking that’s an issue. Yes, we were bang average in the first half yesterday. Even though we had a couple of goals ruled out for marginal offsides. It was an away game we were always in and against a side that isn’t completely shite either.

But due to the fact we weren't clicking properly, there was calls for the board to resign, the manager to be sacked, half the team to be sold. All based on an average half hour or so of football.

On the flip side, that spectacular second half doesn’t mean that we should cease rebuilding and also doesn’t mean we’ll win the quadruple at a canter.

I honestly just wish we’d all stop being so entrenched in our viewpoints and accept that not every match will be a huge success. Not every player will be awesome all the time or shit all the time. Mourinho’s tactics will work sometimes and won’t others. The board will do well at times and fuck up at others.

Just need to give this time and we’ll see us back on the road to success. But let’s not cast off the likes of PEH and Doherty on the back of 2 or 3 matches.

What would you say to someone standing behind you in the ground abusing our manager and players for 43 minutes?

Id tell them to shut the fuck up you cunt.

But it’s “admirable” to defend despicable fans on here?
Oh that’s right, you’re just another wanker aren’t you
You're not though, are you?
He wasn't defending despicable fans per se - he was criticising your attitude and method of dealing with them. Your massive hypocrisy in mouthing off at people slagging players off is laughable Sammy, you are the biggest whining shit bag posting on the forum.

"I'm sammy and I say what I want." -"Id tell them to shut the fuck up you c***."
The difference between you and me Sammy - is I actually go to the stadium, you just shout at your TV, and abuse people on here. And no, you wouldn't say a damn thing, as you would end up getting the crap kicked out of you.

You come across as a deeply offensive person, but more likely just another keyboard hard man.

I think it's clear we have the perfect team for counter attacking football or playing against a high line.

In that setup it will probably be one of Gio or Ndombele on the pitch.

When we are trying to unpick a packed defence, a problem we have not consistently solved for years, I think Jose will put both Gio and Ndombele on.

They have the movement, dribbling and passing ability to quickly link with our forwards and the front free of Son, Kane and Bale have all types of goals in them.

Regulion and Doherty should also improve our output from wide.

It's exciting.

I've noticed something:

January 20: Fans want striker..... Sign a winger.... "Needed a striker.... Unnacceptable"
Summer 20: Still no striker..... Sign a winger.... "Cool..... Let's get a CB now"

I’ve noticed people tend to have roofs when we fit kitchens and worktops!!

So what does that mean??

You're not though, are you?
He wasn't defending despicable fans per se - he was criticising your attitude and method of dealing with them. Your massive hypocrisy in mouthing off at people slagging players off is laughable Sammy, you are the biggest whining shit bag posting on the forum.

"I'm sammy and I say what I want." -"Id tell them to shut the fuck up you c***."
The difference between you and me Sammy - is I actually go to the stadium, you just shout at your TV, and abuse people on here. And no, you wouldn't say a damn thing, as you would end up getting the crap kicked out of you.

You come across as a deeply offensive person, but more likely just another keyboard hard man.
Per se.....haha, what a crock of shit. You know what he’s doing. You’re doing it too, while both acting like you’re intelligent and balanced.
You’re both cunts like me Mick, only difference is I don’t try not to be one.

I genuinely don’t care what others think about me, where as you and Guido and the melts from yesterday clearly do.

Mick just because you moved back to England and now go to games, it doesn’t mean that you wasn’t living abroad and didn’t go to games.
I’ve lived abroad for 19 years, I go when I can and I make no apologies for it and I’m happy with the amount of time I put in at WHL before I moved.

Been there, done it all, stood on a terraced Park Lane, stood on the Shelf, sat in Paxton upper, lower East.....done it all Mick for years.
The ground has its fair share of absolute cunts in it.
ST holders aren’t always better fans than day trippers.....half of them sell their tickets for three times the price.
You seem to think going to games makes you something.

You just walk through a turnstile.
Anyone can do it.

Half of the melt cunts you’re defending haven’t even been to London you twat.

Per se.....haha, what a crock of shit. You know what he’s doing. You’re doing it too, while both acting like you’re intelligent and balanced.
You’re both cunts like me Mick, only difference is I don’t try not to be one.

I genuinely don’t care what others think about me, where as you and Guido and the melts from yesterday clearly do.

Mick just because you moved back to England and now go to games, it doesn’t mean that you wasn’t living abroad and didn’t go to games.
I’ve lived abroad for 19 years, I go when I can and I make no apologies for it and I’m happy with the amount of time I put in at WHL before I moved.

Been there, done it all, stood on a terraced Park Lane, stood on the Shelf, sat in Paxton upper, lower East.....done it all Mick for years.
The ground has its fair share of absolute cunts in it.
ST holders aren’t always better fans than day trippers.....half of them sell their tickets for three times the price.
You seem to think going to games makes you something.

You just walk through a turnstile.
Anyone can do it.

Half of the melt cunts you’re defending haven’t even been to London you twat.
I haven't defended anyone you arrogant arse.

I despise the "melts" as you refer to them as, with equal measure to you - and once upon a time used to tackle them over it. But its like pissing into the wind, these entitle shitbags are the scourge of the board, mostly ignorant boneheads with rational thought deprivation issues........but

It's far simpler to ignore them, and take the piss, or just say nothing and stay away from match threads.

I don't know what's worse - them, or you airing you cockeyed opinions on football. But don't get ahead of yourself, I really don't give a shit about you, you are just a persistent and unpleasant gobshite who drags the board down to gutter level. I only keep you off ignore so I don't miss the joy of watching you implode in a seething, incandescent ball of invective, snot and venom.

And get banned again.

Back
Top Bottom