Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like all of you I can accept defeat. We didn't play well last night, far too slow in possession and not enough attacking edge to our game. Spam won their cup final, let them have their moment, the two clubs are miles apart on and off the pitch, they are an irrelevance.

But what I am getting sick to death of is the media portrayal of us. I switched the commentary off last night, our fans were singing and all the homes were booing, the commentary was the salt of the earth supporters drowning out some other fans half attempting a song!!! Then it was all about the ' rivalry', what a joke, they might see us a rival but as I wrote above, we are miles apart. Spam is a derby, just like chavs or palace, we know the real rivalry.

So this morning, just like last season we are bottlers? Anyone know what we have bottled exactly?

Have we been top of the league at any point this season? The gap was 12 points 3 months ago, we closed it to 4 points, but we are bottlers????

The bottlers are Liverpool. No Europe to distract them, sky's faves have a ' top' manager, they did bottle it three seasons ago, where are they? Loses at home to palace and Swansea, do they get labelled bottlers?

Man city and man utd? Bottlers? Yes, both sky faves changed managers, sky love them, always a bit controversial and a funny comment in them, happy to dig out their own players in front of the media. Spent a shed load of money, big wages on big players, and both clubs are in the same position they were this time last year? Bottlers? I would say so.

How many points are we ahead of the Manchester clubs? And the media thinks spam are our rivals? It's so deluded it's laughable.

Woolwich? Yes, bottlers, were they top earlier this season? We have not been at any stage, but apparently we are the bottlers.

The same experts who slate the national team and then salivate over man u, city and Liverpool, when there is only one club giving young English talent the chance to come through.
Nailed it mate!!

Seen a few posts saying it was us struggling on a bigger pitch again
:pochfacepalm:
Us struggling to find space against a team parking the bus doesn't really add up to a bigger pitch being the problem. Do some people even think before they post?

The fittest team in the league has a problem with a pitch being a few feet wider/longer?

We had a poor game. And the issue with Wembley isn't the pitch size.

We do seem to struggle on big pitches, and last night we kept everything so narrow. Constantly ran into bodies, or went sideways and backwards. We really missed Dembele's link up play, and that through ball ala Lamella and latterly Winks.
But then again, from the back of the Upper Tier, I could only guess at what was going on.

On another note, what an awful stadium to watch football. From the sponsored walk from Stratford, to the 'hands off' policing after the game.
We were forced back to Stratford, up hill and down dale, at one point meeting the 'Mohammed, I'm 'ard, Bruce Lee,'
knuckle draggers coming the other way, with no Old Bill in sight.
That place is a Hillsborough with escalators.
Now have to wait eight days to put it right, putting up with the hateful media. Gonna be a long week.

Seen a few posts saying it was us struggling on a bigger pitch again
:pochfacepalm:
Us struggling to find space against a team parking the bus doesn't really add up to a bigger pitch being the problem. Do some people even think before they post?

The fittest team in the league has a problem with a pitch being a few feet wider/longer?

We had a poor game. And the issue with Wembley isn't the pitch size.

I agree with everything you've said but it does seem to be an ongoing issue so I don't think there's any harm in suggesting it.

Well put. I take it you were in the upper tier as well? The view and the fact that the pitch occupied such a small portion of what your eyes are taking in gave the night a surreal quality. It was a bit like watching a tiny TV screen from the back of a crowded pub.

Yeah. Row 60 something in the upper tier - so not even right at the back.

Such a shit hole. Don't think I'll ever go back tbh.

Why all this hate towards the young lady on FNF. She said it as she saw it. And she was right. We had a glorious chance to close the gap to one point against a shite team who showed more passion and desire than us. They had only pride to play for, we had much more to play for. They rose to the occasion, we bottled it. And everyone on here turns on the media as if they lost us the game.
Pathetic.

"Bottleing It" can come in different forms
last year the players kept coming out with the big em "we are coming for you" then they lost their heads
this year at the big games (FA cup semi, & West Ham's cup final) the players showed they lack that little bit extra that is needed in the big games that have the pressure on them
Was Palace not a big game? Swansea when 1-0 down after 88 minutes? Burnley? Woolwich?

Every game is a big game when you're chasing the title, so if you lose any of them then you're open to the criticism that you can't handle the pressure. But no one wins every single game, look at Chelsea.

According to your definition we bottle it if we don't win every single game of the season...well that's unrealistic.

Why all this hate towards the young lady on FNF. She said it as she saw it. And she was right. We had a glorious chance to close the gap to one point against a shite team who showed more passion and desire than us. They had only pride to play for, we had much more to play for. They rose to the occasion, we bottled it. And everyone on here turns on the media as if they lost us the game.
Pathetic.

You are as bad as she is then. How was she right? We bottled it? How so. We did not have a glorious chance at all. The game is not played on paper and form goes out of the window in an away derby against a team that hate us and their sole motivation in life is to stop us. This was a one off cup final for them. We did not play well as they stopped us playing. We conceded a scrappy goal which was very fortunate from their point of view and they played on our urgency to get forward and leave gaps at the back. 9 wins in a row and you jump on the "media bias" bandwagon. Seriously, reality check needed and maybe support Chelsea

The media and opposing fans are now labbeling us as bottlers...
You know what though if being bottlers is having the best young squad in the PL signed up on long contracts I will take that,
If being bottler is having the best young manager in The world I can take that as well,
If being bottlers is having the best stadium being built right next door being bottlers I can take that as well.......

Yesterday fucking hurt a lot, but the only reason for that is because how far we have come under Poch in this project, it's the same as last season things are changing at the club, our goal at the club is no longer TOP 4 it's to win the fucking PL!!! Tell that to yourself 3 years ago and who would have believed it? Granted we are not the finished article yet but we are getting very close, and the best thing is we haven't sold our identity to the highest bidder, or permenaltly moved away from out home to get a free stadium we can't even fill!
Good things are coming, I honestly believe that! Keep believing, and most importantly enjoy being a fucking yid!

Maybe we need to reclaim the word...? BOTTLERS will become a badgeBOTTLE of PRIDE!
1200px-London_Pride_-_premium_ale.JPG

I know it's got a red label... but this is the only BOTTLE I associate with Spurs this season!!

Disappointing it may be, we mustn't lose focus the bigger picture here. Remember where we were only a few years ago and where we are now. We are better than last season and can only push on from this Utd is a big game to bounce back and show all we are no mugs. Poch has a differcult few weeks keeping us focused and to start to build for a real PL challenge next season. My 86 mother in law says, the manager needs to get a stick to em ( players) . Maybe she's right?

I agree with everything you've said but it does seem to be an ongoing issue so I don't think there's any harm in suggesting it.
It's not an ongoing issue tho. Losing games at Wembley has zero to do with the pitch size. We've actually played well there in the last 2 outings.

People are ignoring the more obvious factors in our Wembley record.

I'm concerned about playing there next season because we lose our home advantage but the reality is we aren't going to be playing Chelsea in cup semi finals or top European clubs in the CL week in week out.

The biggest issue is it will be a day out / big occasion for every lesser team we play next season like last night was for the Pikeys.

Last night was down to one team treating the game like their biggest game of the season. You can't perform like that week in week out and we were coming off the back of 9 straight wins with the last being our actual grudge match. (The fact we had to play Sunday Friday probably didnt help with that either)

There are so many factors and an extra 2 foot of space isn't significant or the key to solving that problem. I wish it was.

On reflection the disappointment is rather muted . I never in million years expected us to catch the Chavs . The Chavs Everton game ended any hope of catching them . At some time we were going to feel pain but in my case it's a relief it ended last night as the media will enventually
not talk up. 95% dead cert race . Realism kicks in , and once again with a poor depth in our squad we were the only team to challenge .
A miracle has happened under Poch , with our low spend / frugal wage structure he has made us the best footballing team in Britain . I'm not sure what will happen in the future but hopefully we can add one outstanding winning player to our first 11 that will give us that 5% extra . We are so close .
I'm going to the let the sun shine in now that the darkness has gone .

We also lost at Upton park against them when they played exactly the same way. If everyone is behind the ball then surely a bigger pitch helps. This was not why we lost last night. I don't actually think they deserved to win. A draw would have been fair. They had a very fortunate and scrappy goal and then some chances after they scored but that's just because we pushed so far up to get something back. Hopefully we are learning something about playing teams like this. We have to drop our usual style and play like the away team and let them come onto us and just play on the counter.

1) how did THEY stop us winning the league? Chelsea also beat us once and are above us, I'd say THEY stopped us winning the league.

2) How have we bottled it? We won 9 out the last 10 games.

3) We were poor and didn't turn up as promised

4) That ground is even shitter than I thought ( and I thought it was shitter than shit before the game)

5) We are 35 pts above them and they think they've had a better season now.

6) No club in England has a smaller mentality than them.

7) That ground is shit

8) Walker was poor again.

9) It's been a great season and we'll still finish 2nd, our highest finish and highest points tally.

10) That ground is shit

11) How has Rachel Riley been dragged into this???

12) A league match is the biggest night in their history

13) They may think they have one up on us but we are 35pts ahead of them and have CL football AGAIN, something they can only dream of. but above everything we know that from now until the end of time we will be playing football in a fantastic stadium and they are stuck with the biggest abomination in world sport..They have no other option, that's it for them, that is their future.
I don't know if I mentioned it but that stadium is Shit, the view is worse than pathetic, the atmosphere is laughable, they only sang a bit once they scored or when they were prompted from the tannoy man.
They know they are fucked, they know they won't ever catch us, they know we will continue to improve whilst they continue to fall.
I'm afraid one league game doesn't change any of that..

Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame because you all know what the future holds..

Back
Top Bottom