Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C_K6ZrXXYAAE9xQ.jpg:large

They should reintroduce the Cup Winners Cup and only have an English entrant if West Ham beat us cause it's their cup final. That way they might get to Europe without the fair play route and they might last there more than 5 seconds.

I must admit their recent attempts to get to the group stages of the Europa have been hilarious..
You should have seen how much time they spent working out the coefficient point system as to how they would be seeded in the groups..:dembelelol:

Their supporters really are hilarious in their stupidity
This delusion that they stopped us winning the PL, who runs the numbers at that wankstain of a club, Diane Abbot ? :sonpoint:

Their supporters really are hilarious in their stupidity
This delusion that they stopped us winning the PL, who runs the numbers at that wankstain of club, Diane Abbot ?

When you go 37 years without a trophy and boing boing up and down the leagues, then you tend to search for any crumb of comfort.

I am re-watching the game for my sins and a few things stand out:
1) That is a properly shit, quiet stadium.
2) Spurs fans still outsung Wham. Which makes sense, as Spurs fans are fully evolved human beings with the power of speech.
3) Hugo was right, we were a bit complacent and sloppy. It could be the mental fatigue of having to constantly chase with no margin for error.
4) We played far too narrow with less of the lateral switches we've used to stretch teams.
5) Regardless, West Ham, at their best, are only as good as us at our literal worst.

Its funny that West Ham fans went on the raz Friday night and are still celebrating hardcore

Cold light of day though, they still have to play at the OS 19 times again next season.
Quite. They also seem to be forgetting the existential crisis they all had on KUMB when they were forced to walk through the construction site of our new stadium and compare it to their own shoddy rental.

Obviously, a scratchy 1-0 win where the goal came from a clusterfuck of deflections makes that problem go away.
:pocheyes:

Stayed away for a couple of days to let the dust settle.

Having reflected on things and got over my initial disappointment, I am still immensely proud of what we have achieved this season.

I also just reminded myself that when all is said and done, things could be worse, we could be West Ham.

I mean really, who in their right mind could stomach that?

I also just reminded myself that when all is said and done, things could be worse, we could be West Ham.

Exactly.....when all is said and done, and Friday is forgotten (as it already has been by everyone except West Ham), ask both sets of fans if they would have their clubs trade places.

Awkward

Last edited:
Stayed away for a couple of days to let the dust settle.

Having reflected on things and got over my initial disappointment, I am still immensely proud of what we have achieved this season.

In a weekend where they think they have won the CL, at the end of it, they have dropped 3 places to 12th in the league and 35pts behind us and we have secured CL football.

In the cold light of day, who would you rather be? :tobyarm:

This is my summary of why we lost

1- Lacklustre and tired -I remember even towards the end kane was trying to get everyone to speed up but they looking around shell-shocked
2- Dier+ Wanyama did not work in midfield- Massive problem distributing the ball, hence all the sideway and backward passes. Didn't help that West Ham were playing 4 in midfield.
3 - Walker's positioning - too far forward , did he think we were playing 3 at the back?
4- Poor use of substitutions ( refer to 1), if they were tired we could have started one of sissoko, jassen ect . That's the whole point of rotation.

Poor ball transition in the midfield. Looked disjointed the whole match. Not sure why, because that's usually their best attribute.

Ericksen's directs and corners were shit again. No excuse of drilling into the first defender.

Spam's keeper played out of his skull or we'd got at least a point.

Davies whiffed on the header clearance, giving WH their goal.

Poor ball transition in the midfield. Looked disjointed the whole match. Not sure why, because that's usually their best attribute.

Ericksen's directs and corners were shit again. No excuse of drilling into the first defender.

Spam's keeper played out of his skull or we'd got at least a point.

Davies whiffed on the header clearance, giving WH their goal.
Some credit has to go to Bilic imv - he nulIfield our passing rhythm and never allowed our ball-players to build up any continuity or momentum. I don't think he's a managerial buffoon at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom