Spurs 10th most valuable brand in the world

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://talksport.com/football/revea...e-football-club-brands-world-150608149894?p=9

Amazing, to me anyway, that Chelsea and City are ranked higher than Barcelona. The transformation that can be achieved by having owners that really back their club is staggering.

Of course superior brand value doesn't guarantee superior performance in the CL, or indeed the EL, as English clubs have demonstrated time and again in recent seasons. Though with the riches of the Prem, Europe in some ways isn't as important to our clubs as it is to clubs in many other European leagues.

As for us, our owners seem to value the club at something like four times as much as Forbes, (not sure exactly what £1.2bn translates to in dollars.)

As for us, our owners seem to value the club at something like four times as much as Forbes, (not sure exactly what £1.2bn translates to in dollars.)

Do note that brand value is something entirely different from club value, though. Brand value only includes intangibles - name, logo etc, while club value also includes all the tangible assets like players, stadium, training ground etc.

Do note that brand value is something entirely different from club value, though. Brand value only includes intangibles - name, logo etc, while club value also includes all the tangible assets like players, stadium, training ground etc.
Thanks for that info EN.

I'd never thought of it like that before. I assumed brand value meant the whole caboodle.

Given what you say is correct, that makes quite a difference.

For example, I guess with us that ENIC upped our value from £1bn to 1.2bn partly because we made some progress on the stadium this year. (Notably the Archway CPO)

...and do note that 'brand' and 'club value' come nowhere near matching History, Tradition, and overall club ethos!!

Chelsea and Man City sold theirs out years ago!
Funnily enough, both had quite a decent 'old fashioned club' feel about them throughout the '60s and '70s... but that all seems wiped out now with their ridiculous ransacking of tradition in exchange for some good old fashioned Soul selling, and pacts with the Devil in order to fast-track their 'Global Image Marketing Profile'! (or G.I.M.P to you and me!)

anybody that actually believes that that either chelsea ot citeh are a bigger brand and name in world football than Liverpool and, much as i hate to say it, woolwich...let alone barcelona, is an utter twat.

Looks at OP.

kinda makes my point.

anybody that actually believes that that either chelsea ot citeh are a bigger brand and name in world football than Liverpool and, much as i hate to say it, woolwich...let alone barcelona, is an utter twat.

Looks at OP.

kinda makes my point.
I`m not so sure. The Premier league is the most watched competition in the world. It has hundreds of millions more followers in China and the far east than the Spanish league. And these people tend to follow the most successful teams and buy their merchandise. So in that respect, Chelsea and City probably are a bigger global brand than the likes of Liverpool and Barcelona. At this moment in time anyway. If City or Chelsea lost their backers and fell away however, there brand would soon drop off alarmingly.

Good points JT.

After EN's comments re brand value, I looked up how Forbes come to to their conclusions.

Unsurprisingly it's quite a complicated process.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...rlds-most-valuable-brands-behind-the-numbers/

Some further digging gives us our 'team value' according to them of $600m (£390m), which is about a third of what our owners apparently value us at :eek:, assuming team value means the whole club, assets, brand 'n all.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/tottenham-hotspur/

In this list we're 13th, and Real Madrid are top.

Here's how Forbes do team value (I think:))

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...ing-of-the-worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams/

Last edited:
It has hundreds of millions more followers in China and the far east than the Spanish league. And these people tend to follow the most successful teams and buy their merchandise. So in that respect, Chelsea and City probably are a bigger global brand
That can't be right. All Asians cheer only for teams in red because something something racism good luck.

...and do note that 'brand' and 'club value' come nowhere near matching History, Tradition, and overall club ethos!!

Chelsea and Man City sold theirs out years ago!
Funnily enough, both had quite a decent 'old fashioned club' feel about them throughout the '60s and '70s... but that all seems wiped out now with their ridiculous ransacking of tradition in exchange for some good old fashioned Soul selling, and pacts with the Devil in order to fast-track their 'Global Image Marketing Profile'! (or G.I.M.P to you and me!)

And all their fans get in return are league titles, FA cups, league cups and a Champions League....I'd rather have a nice balance sheet and be contributing to the profits and future sale price of an investment company asset wouldn't you?

Makes me laugh how people think there's something so much more romantic and soulful about ENIC keeping in profit on our money and, only investing really significantly to swell their non player assets as much as poss to maximise the sale price when they decide to flog us.

Don't get me wrong, it is where we are and it's more like the 'right' thing to do but it's still all about the money.

I'm sorry but there's no way we're the 10th most valuable football club brand in the world. I don't care what formula Forbes use. Just a simple knowledge of world football is all you need to understand how ridiculous that is.

Spurs bigger than Dortmund, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Roma, Ajax, Benfica...

No chance.

And all their fans get in return are league titles, FA cups, league cups and a Champions League bought by their vewwy vewwy wich Daddy... and handed to them on a plate....I'd rather have a nice balance sheet and be contributing to the profits and future sale price of an investment company asset wouldn't you?

Makes me laugh how people think there's something so much more romantic and soulful about ENIC keeping in profit on our money and, only investing really significantly to swell their non player assets as much as poss to maximise the sale price when they decide to flog us.

Don't get me wrong, it is where we are and it's more like the 'right' thing to do but it's still all about the money.

..and what a spoilt bunch of self-entitled cunts they've all become as a result...

God help us the day we become City or Chelsea.

Seriously. Scum of the earth. Winning by buying up all European talent til one comes off, stunting players' growth and even ruining careers in some cases. Everyone is dispensible to them.

It's similar to if doping were allowed in athletics, then supporting the one guy that does it and celebrating when he runs out clear winner. Wow. What an achievement.

I'd rather be a Conference side with a soul than one of those cunts.

And I mean that.

I'm sorry but there's no way we're the 10th most valuable football club brand in the world. I don't care what formula Forbes use. Just a simple knowledge of world football is all you need to understand how ridiculous that is.

Spurs bigger than Dortmund, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Roma, Ajax, Benfica...

No chance.
Actually likely if you're measuring based on global TV/internet interest and merchsndise sales. Remember how poor Serie A and the Bundesliga have been at getting themselves on TV in foreign countries...

God help us the day we become City or Chelsea.

Seriously. Scum of the earth. Winning by buying up all European talent til one comes off, stunting players' growth and even ruining careers in some cases.
Soldado
Lamela
Paulinho
Capoue
Stambouli
Bostock
Etc

We pay big money for European and Worldwide talent. We stunt their growth. We're pretty good at ruining careers.

We ARE City and Chelsea. Just not as rich and our owner is slightly less cunty. He's still a cunt though. You can't have that much money without being a cunt at some point. They are better at buying success than we are.

Actually likely if you're measuring based on global TV/internet interest and merchsndise sales. Remember how poor Serie A and the Bundesliga have been at getting themselves on TV in foreign countries...
The recent Premier League boom doesn't make us a more marketable club than either of the Milan clubs, with their history and success IMO.

Soldado
Lamela
Paulinho
Capoue
Stambouli
Bostock
Etc

We pay big money for European and Worldwide talent. We stunt their growth. We're pretty good at ruining careers.

We ARE City and Chelsea. Just not as rich and our owner is slightly less cunty. He's still a cunt though. You can't have that much money without being a cunt at some point. They are better at buying success than we are.
You've named some failed signings. They all had a chance to prove themselves. City and Chelsea in particular stack talent and just hope one comes off. Look at Cuadrado...the bloke cost £26m and he's been a last minute substitute for 6 months. Funnily enough, he simply replaced Salah's role. Just like Adam Johnson at City, and when he left - Scott Sinclair replaced his role.

Every club is guilty of signing a player and maybe not getting out of them what they should (M'Bia at QPR couldn't pass 5 yards, now 2 time winner of EL with Sevilla as an example) but we're not comparable to those cunts.

Chelsea have something like 28 players out on loan. And they're not all kids. Players that are signed with real promise of first team football. Look at De Bruyne. Where the fuck are Atsu and Van Ginkel? They're never gonna cut it, but they insist on hoovering up that talent in the hope that one pays off. They know most are going to fail, and they can afford to fail 19 times out of 20. We can't.

Back
Top Bottom