Spurs 10th most valuable brand in the world

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure I understand that logic. Having the opportunity to fail more often makes them better at it?

Even a monkey could write Shakespeare is given an infinite amount of time...doesn't make him a good writer.

What I mean is that they have invested better in their team and infrastructure than we have. We sell our failed players for £5m. They sell theirs for £20m.

They're failures are much better than ours. De Bruyne, Salah, Schurrle would walk into our first team.

They aren't ripping people off. They are excellent players. They just have even better ones on the pitch.

Don't forget that The Fighting Cock pumps up our brand value by an absurd amount.

Asians see this site and go wild for Spurs. Sometimes they get their tits out for no reason.

The podcast has 3.7billion subscribers. Africans don't even have water but make sure then have bandwidth for the podcast.

Oh and don't forget the Fanzine. Rumour has it that Kim Jong Un bought a copy each for all 25million North Koreans whilst the Red Cross (Renamed the Lillywhite Cross) distributes fanzines to those in need.

The podcast lads have their heads carved into the mountains of Japan on similar vibe to Mount Rushmore.

People forget this.

Exactly. They can afford to fail and we can't. They are better at it than we are.
Being able to afford it, and being "better" are two different things. They can afford to spend 20-40 million a year on buying young talent and then loaning it for revenue. That's not the same thing as being better at finding or developing that talent, or at getting it to successfully be a part of the first team.

Chelsea, if anything, are noticeably worse than average at that. Their last academy product to join the first team and stick was John Terry...

The recent Premier League boom doesn't make us a more marketable club than either of the Milan clubs, with their history and success IMO.
It's not about who's marketable because of their story, it's about who's seen in more countries because their league gets shown on TV. That's why the entire Premier League is now in the top 40 of the richest clubs on the planet. It's not merit or achievements, it's simply being plastered on every fucking screen on God's green earth...

I think the nail is getting very close to being hit on the head here... it seems that when the MEGA rich clubs 'simply' buybuybuy to success but don't win a trophy, thy just buybuybuy some more until they do!
When we buybuybuy and don't win anything, Berbatov leaves, Modric leaves, Bale leaves, Lloris lea.....

Being able to afford it, and being "better" are two different things. They can afford to spend 20-40 million a year on buying young talent and then loaning it for revenue. That's not the same thing as being better at finding or developing that talent, or at getting it to successfully be a part of the first team.

Chelsea, if anything, are noticeably worse than average at that. Their last academy product to join the first team and stick was John Terry...
I know it was different when Abromovich took over, but now they can afford it in the days of FFP because they buy and sell better than we do. Because they buy better young talent than us, they sell them for more money if they don't want them. This means they can afford to buy better than us again next season as they again have more money.

I know it was different when Abromovich took over, but now they can afford it in the days of FFP because they buy and sell better than we do. Because they buy better young talent than us, they sell them for more money if they don't want them. This means they can afford to buy better than us again next season as they again have more money.
They are also still losing money, still running up debt and still on the very thin margins of FFP.

They buy the best young talent they can, but have a very poor track record of developing that talent. If anything, the de Bruyne example is a pretty clear argument that a young player should never sign for Chelsea.

They currently use their youth loans and semi-legal relationship with Vitesse Arnheim to generate a profit which can cover some FFP losses, but their approach has yet to yield success on the pitch. I think I'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think buying and selling players with more zeroes attached is doing "better". For me, developing your youth talent into useful first team players is doing "better".

And all their fans get in return are league titles, FA cups, league cups and a Champions League....I'd rather have a nice balance sheet and be contributing to the profits and future sale price of an investment company asset wouldn't you?

Makes me laugh how people think there's something so much more romantic and soulful about ENIC keeping in profit on our money and, only investing really significantly to swell their non player assets as much as poss to maximise the sale price when they decide to flog us.

Don't get me wrong, it is where we are and it's more like the 'right' thing to do but it's still all about the money.
Well said Simmo, it's trophies we need, it's all very well for ENIC helping to beef up our value to make a fantastic profit when they sell us, but what about all that audere est facere baloney:)

It is amazing just how high top English clubs rank in brand value, I guess it's the power of the Prem in essence. Look at us, one League Cup in 15 years, no domestic title since 1961, and still the 10th most valuable brand in world football (according to Forbes anyway).

..and what a spoilt bunch of self-entitled cunts they've all become as a result...

A huge amount of Chelsea 'fans' have generally always been c**ts. Man City's fans have had to endure watching United prosper over them even more and even longer than we've had our own red scum rivals doing to us and that's saying something - I think any attitude they now have is still mainly geared towards bridging the gap with that rivalry more than anything else. At least their fans were there in steps 2 and 3, Chelksi hardly had a ground in the 80s/90s let alone fans.

Well said Simmo, it's trophies we need, it's all very well for ENIC helping to beef up our value to make a fantastic profit when they sell us, but what about all that audere est facere baloney:)

It is amazing just how high top English clubs rank in brand value, I guess it's the power of the Prem in essence. Look at us, one League Cup in 15 years, no domestic title since 1961, and still the 10th most valuable brand in world football (according to Forbes anyway).

I don't understand the disagree you received for this whatsoever!

We all go over this so often but it's not just one mistake and missed opportunity, it's loads. The scum were not miles ahead of us, but slowly but surely they are now. There were chances to take advantage of them in transition, paying off the new stadium and so on....we blew them all.

No we're not as big as Liverpool but I do get sick of the people who easily swallow the fact we haven't got as big a history, a bigger stadium or a sugar daddy as to why we're not in a better position. The Champions League has been 1pt away, a penalty shoot out away and even this season just a few points away (from Stoke or Palace or Burnley or West Brom or Villa).

Who is naive enough to think that a side which did get into the Champions League more than once and had Bale, Modric, Carrick, Kane, Lloris etc playing would not have attracted more top players or, that bigger sponsors paying more to fuel higher wages would really be put off by us only holding 36k?

Success breeds success, ineptitude and failure breeds, well, we know what.

Of course it's not always that simple but anybody who really thinks we've not thrown away a chance to consolidate a Champions League place in recent years is my idea of a negative fan with a negative attitude. Ironically they'd be the first to jump on the 'moaners' as being the negative ones for not being content with where we're at.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

I don't understand the disagree you received for this whatsoever!

We all go over this so often but it's not just one mistake and missed opportunity, it's loads. The scum were not miles ahead of us, but slowly but surely they are now. There were chances to take advantage of them in transition, paying off the new stadium and so on....we blew them all.

No we're not as big as Liverpool but I do get sick of the people who easily swallow the fact we haven't got as big a history, a bigger stadium or a sugar daddy as to why we're not in a better position. The Champions League has been 1pt away, a penalty shoot out away and even this season just a few points away (from Stoke or Palace or Burnley or West Brom or Villa).

Who is naive enough to think that a side which did get into the Champions League more than once and had Bale, Modric, Carrick, Kane, Lloris etc playing would not have attracted more top players or, that bigger sponsors paying more to fuel higher wages would really be put off by us only holding 36k?

Success breeds success, ineptitude and failure breeds, well, we know what.

Of course it's not always that simple but anybody who really thinks we've not thrown away a chance to consolidate a Champions League place in recent years is my idea of a negative fan with a negative attitude. Ironically they'd be the first to jump on the 'moaners' as being the negative ones for not being content with where we're at.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.
Good stuff as usual Simmo. And no I don't understand that diasagree either.

Though if I wrote 2+2=4, it would be no surprise if one of my 'fan club' stuck a 'disagree' on that :)

Incidentally here's a view on this topic from a Guardian writer and Spurs season ticket holder.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/totten...k-on-field-ambition-but-not-in-the-boardroom?
Mr. Razor Blades? He also is negative about just about anything to do with us.

We have a good team. It will get better with time. It will get even better with a few shrewd changes in personnel.

It is good enough to finish in the top 4 or even win the League? Not yet, but given time, there are plenty of reasons to be positive. Those reasons don't require hundreds of millions of pounds of spending to satisfy short-termist viewpoints that think they're owed something.

Soldado
Lamela
Paulinho
Capoue
Stambouli
Bostock
Etc

We pay big money for European and Worldwide talent. We stunt their growth. We're pretty good at ruining careers.

We ARE City and Chelsea. Just not as rich and our owner is slightly less cunty. He's still a cunt though. You can't have that much money without being a cunt at some point. They are better at buying success than we are.
why do you say the club has ruined those players?
I don't believe the club has done anything harmful to them at all - but just as embarrassing, the club paid well over the odds for players who just simply weren't worth what we paid for them.
If they had the talent that they were expected to have - it would have shone through.

If you buy a 100 Watt (220V) bulb and plug it into 220VAC supply, it puts out 100 Watts
If you buy a 10 Watt (220V) bulb and plug it into 220VAC supply, it puts out 10 Watts

you can't blame the mains supply because it doesn't put out the 100 Watts you were hoping for.

God help us the day we become City or Chelsea.

Seriously. Scum of the earth. Winning by buying up all European talent til one comes off, stunting players' growth and even ruining careers in some cases. Everyone is dispensible to them.

It's similar to if doping were allowed in athletics, then supporting the one guy that does it and celebrating when he runs out clear winner. Wow. What an achievement.

I'd rather be a Conference side with a soul than one of those cunts.

And I mean that.
I agree with you as much as it's possible to do;

The UAE Group who own City are owned by the Saudi Royal Family and let's say they are not a Liberal bunch when it comes to human rights ! What they are doing buying up so many high profile western assets is debatable give how sharia law works.

As for the lovely Roman @ the Chavs. Well the leap from two bedroom council estate to global billionaire did not happen without some eggs being broken, and I doubt many starving Russian citizens affected by the antics feel like singing it's a ( fucking ) Blue Day !

Sorry to be heavy but it is the truth.

why do you say the club has ruined those players?
I don't believe the club has done anything harmful to them at all - but just as embarrassing, the club paid well over the odds for players who just simply weren't worth what we paid for them.
If they had the talent that they were expected to have - it would have shone through.

If you buy a 100 Watt (220V) bulb and plug it into 220VAC supply, it puts out 100 Watts
If you buy a 10 Watt (220V) bulb and plug it into 220VAC supply, it puts out 10 Watts

you can't blame the mains supply because it doesn't put out the 100 Watts you were hoping for.
None of those players are as good for us as they were for their previous clubs. If you feel they have grown as players since going us, feel free to make that argument as to how we have improved them.

Back
Top Bottom