Spurs 10th most valuable brand in the world

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of those players are as good for us as they were for their previous clubs. If you feel they have grown as players since going us, feel free to make that argument as to how we have improved them.
That isn't what I said.
They are what they are, I just don't think that they were good enough, or what the club and the fans expected them to be.
For some it might be because they are not playing in their most effective position, and others because the team style of play doesn't make the most of what attributes they possess.
But my feeling is that they were overpriced and lacked sufficient talent to justify their purchase, or their regular inclusion in the team. Lamela is the biggest disappointment for me, as he lacks that spark that we were all promised that he possessed. Soldado too, but I think that as long as we persist with inverted wingers he will continue to be wasted.

We have not improved them as players. They have got worse. We have stunted their growth.
You can't polish a turd, or make a silk purse out of a sows ear
With the possible exception of Lamela, these were all seasoned pro's, they were never going to get any better, the responsibility was on them to perform to the levels they were capable of. If they did then it proves my point.
The club is not under an obligation to perform miracles on established players, we just bought ones that weren't as good as we thought.

Don't understand why you think they have deteriorated as players, they are what they are.

You can't polish a turd, or make a silk purse out of a sows ear
With the possible exception of Lamela, these were all seasoned pro's, they were never going to get any better, the responsibility was on them to perform to the levels they were capable of. If they did then it proves my point.
The club is not under an obligation to perform miracles on established players, we just bought ones that weren't as good as we thought.

Don't understand why you think they have deteriorated as players, they are what they are.
Will we sell them for more than we bought them for? Does Soldado score more than he used to? Did Bostock fulfil his potential? Does Capoue look like a several million pound player? No. They have all got worse.

If it's nothing to do with the club and its coaching, we can also assume they don't improve players either. Harry Kane and Danny Rose have improved despite the coaching team who neither improve or stunt our players.

In fact, why bother with coaches in that case?

Will we sell them for more than we bought them for? Does Soldado score more than he used to? Did Bostock fulfil his potential? Does Capoue look like a several million pound player? No. They have all got worse.

If it's nothing to do with the club and its coaching, we can also assume they don't improve players either. Harry Kane and Danny Rose have improved despite the coaching team who neither improve or stunt our players.

In fact, why bother with coaches in that case?
your comments fit all clubs though, players age and their stock goes down. There is nothing unique or different about THFC in that respect.
Most of the players you mention were players bought with Modric and Bale money, the selling clubs knew we were cash rich and sold their players with amped up prices and reputations.
I can't really be bothered to talk about this any further if you are going to use simplistic logic that ignores a lot of facts to make your point.
If you have simply joined Sammy's bandwagon its hard for me to be motivated to carry on.

Simmer down Joe.
No, I won't. The Scots should fight for independence. They had a vote, and they couldn't even agree on that. Take a look at their history - it's no different now - people like AY annoy me, they could have broken away just like that - but they didn't. They're always whining about oppression. God blind me.

No, I won't. The Scots should fight for independence. They had a vote, and they couldn't even agree on that. Take a look at their history - it's no different now - people like AY annoy me, they could have broken away just like that - but they didn't. They're always whining about oppression. God blind me.
They had James Bond but he was always eying off other things!
giphy.gif

Admirable work Joe. Being so worked up and pissed up at 3 in the morning that you are posting about me on a football forum, to complete strangers. I'm almost honoured.
You come out of these last couple of posts looking very level headed, arguing your case with poise and dignity. Nobody will look at those posts and think you've gone a bit special. Honest.
Is it out of your system now? Are you going to accept I'm not a member of the Joe Fan Club? Your life will be better if you leave this alone, trust me. It doesn't matter that I don't like you. I'm sure you've got real life friends that will fill the void.

Back
Top Bottom