Spurs HG Quota Status (Summer 2022 Update)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't necessarily disagree, but let's think about it assuming 2 games per week.

The back line will probably not be rotated much, so 5 players for 3 positions should be more than fine.

WBs will be heavily rotated, but having 4 for 2 spots would be fine. That means 1 game per week for each player (or 70 mins one game and 20 mins the other).

Midfield will also need heavy rotation and we have 4 players for 2 positions. Same rotation as WBs.

Front 3 also will need heavy rotation and 5 for 3 positions is also fine. You sub two at the 70 min mark each game and the one who played the full 90 starts on the bench the next game.

And a backup goalie.

So if you add all these up that's 18 outfield players and the backup goalie. Add an average of 3 injuries and you either add a few more mins to each of the remaining players, or you bring in someone like a Tanganga, or Sarr, or Scarlett/Parrott for cameos to give the main players a breather. Or a combination of both. Will depend on the game. And it also depends on when your injuries happen, i.e. during a stretch of games where it's a game every 5-6 days or a game every 3-4 days.

Obviously the bigger the squad you have the better, but theoretically you could also get away with a 20-man squad. And let's not forget that a big squad also means players who get to play very little, which will impact their motivation and value, if we want to sell at some point.

I just disagree with you. And fortunately all the signs are by being linked with HG players Spurs want to increase squad size to 23 or 24 players if possible.

Players need to be both physically and mentally fit to play games - and as all the medics agree, recovery time between games is a minimum of 4 days, which you don't get playing regularly at weekends and midweek which is fatiguing both physically and mentally - which is why injuries often occur.

Hence wanting to have 2 players per position and a 3rd GK or 23 players in the squad. Even then we may be unlucky to get 2 or more injuries of players in one position, which is where players such as Tanganga get moved to cover any defensive shortfalls - even when player and manager knows its far from ideal for player or team

Even with 23/24 players all the squad will get playing time - how much the players with least games gets probably depends mostly on injuries

HG Quota Status sounds like one of the Clubs we'll be playing on our S.Korea tour!!
Let's hope we find the total solution to our network (squad).

Total Network Solutions​

In 1996, Llansantffraid won the Welsh Cup and qualified for the first time for the European Cup Winners' Cup. At this time a local computer company, Total Network Solutions of Oswestry, arranged a £250,000 sponsorship deal which involved incorporating the company name into the club name. As Total Network Solutions Llansantffraid F.C. they met the Polish Cup winners Ruch Chorzów and earned a 1–1 draw at home before losing 5–0 in Poland.

I think we're unnecessarily concerned with the HG numbers. If we didn't have any HG players, yeah that would be an issue as we would essentially only be limited to a 17-player squad for CL plus under-21s. So worst case we have a smaller squad for CL. But the main rotation between CL and EPL will be about 17-18 players anyway, with the rest featuring mostly in domestic cup competitions, so I don't see the issue if we don't have a full 25 for CL. We don't have to fill every single one of these slots. 20-21 players are probably more than enough barring any crazy slew of injuries.

Am I thinking about this too simplistically?
I was thinking the same. Even if he comes Spence probably isn’t getting a game in the Champions League. With 5 subs allowed we can cut the mileage on players in premier league games, so they should be fine.

-If either Tanganga or Winks are sold, each would need to be replaced by any HG to reach max senior squad limit of 25. If both are sold, we would need to replace with one club-trained HG (unlikely...) and one normal HG.
It looks like both have a good chance of leaving after all. Who do you think will fill that fourth club trained slot? I would imagine White could be the one

It looks like both have a good chance of leaving after all. Who do you think will fill that fourth club trained slot? I would imagine White could be the one
White and a few youngsters could make up the numbers; but we will have a senior squad of maximum 24 rather than 25.
I think this is okay as long as we have good balance within the squad, still gives us atleast 2 players for every position.

Back
Top Bottom