European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Imagine there is a counter proposal and then we miss out on the money as we don't qualify :harrylol:
:levywtf:

I imagine it would go into affect the same time the format is supposed to change. The issue is that clubs need cash now not 3 years from now.

Levy taking out that BoE loan probably puts us in a better financial position than a lot of the other clubs.

They will still have the deals from Europe, plus the deals from Asia, Africa, NA and I assume SA.

Even without the European numbers, which they will have, they will get billions from the other parts of the world. That is what this is about football is a global sport and they can make more money by marketing it as that, than worrying about the people that go to the stadium every week.

Do you really think that these guys haven't thought of everything? That JP Morgan is putting up the money they are and not already in deals for TV money?

If anything under your proposal the TV companies that broadcast it will be screwed because they will pay the billions for the rights, so if nobody is watching it is them that take the hit not the ESL. They will have their billion dollar deals in place regardless.

And once again I do think, for as you say wishful thinking which there is nothing wrong with, that you are way overestimating the number of people that will not watch this. There will certainly be some who do not but it will be a small number, despite what many emotional fans are saying now.
So up jp Morgan will actually be running European football?

Everyone needs to calm down. This super League carry on is just a natural development from the CL and EPL. I'm just grateful Levy managed to get us inside the thing.

Back
Top Bottom