Spurs join Villa as club that has provided most England internationals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but please move etc if it has.

Anyway, Ryan Mason's debut (and congrats to him) meant he was the 73rd Spurs player to represent England. This puts us joint top with Villa and way ahead of West Ham, whose fans often go on so much about West Ham and England, you'd think they'd be way top of the list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ayers-has-your-club-provided-for-England.html

More realistically, you might think Man U would be ahead of us, but no.

With Rose, Dier and Pritchard all possible candidates for a cap in the near/medium-term future, we may well soon go top of the list.

I posted the same link in the Ryan Mason thread - but I think your approach is better as it gets more notice. Quite an achievement, and (as an Englishman) something I am proud of.
It would be nice to see a similar comparison for all of the home countries as well.
Loved the photo of the 4 Spurs players in a huddle congratulating Townsend for finally having a shot that didn't endanger the lives of supporters in the upper tiers!

:)

This is how our current crop looks based on the most recent squads...

England:
Walker / Rose / Kane / Mason / Townsend

Under 21s:
Dier / Carroll / Pritchard

Under 19s:
Winks / Alli

Under 17s:
Edwards / Sterling

Last edited:
whilst it is great that we have supplied so many players, teams like United, I would imagine, have supplied far more essential players (Robson, both Charlton's, Beckham, Scholes, Ferdinand, G.Neville, Rooney, Stiles spring to mind immediately)

Another good barometer might be how many caps those players received (Caulker, Gardener and Livermore are all one cap wonders).

Not to belittle the achievement by any stretch - it should be a source of pride.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but please move etc if it has.

Anyway, Ryan Mason's debut (and congrats to him) meant he was the 73rd Spurs player to represent England. This puts us joint top with Villa and way ahead of West Ham, whose fans often go on so much about West Ham and England, you'd think they'd be way top of the list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ayers-has-your-club-provided-for-England.html

More realistically, you might think Man U would be ahead of us, but no.

With Rose, Dier and Pritchard all possible candidates for a cap in the near/medium-term future, we may well soon go top of the list.

Very happy with that list, think Rose deserves a start, at least a sub apparence, looking forward to seeing if Dier can get near thr team as well. Pritchard though I just have such a feeling watching him for Brentford and England U21's that something special might come of that kid.

England:

Under 21s:

Under 19s:
Winks / Alli

Under 17s:
Edwards / Sterling

Onomah, Amos, and Walker-Peters with the u18s and Dominic Ball with the u20s too. Impressive list for us!

whilst it is great that we have supplied so many players, teams like United, I would imagine, have supplied far more essential players (Robson, both Charlton's, Beckham, Scholes, Ferdinand, G.Neville, Rooney, Stiles spring to mind immediately)

Another good barometer might be how many caps those players received (Caulker, Gardener and Livermore are all one cap wonders).

Not to belittle the achievement by any stretch - it should be a source of pride.

Think I'm right, but I beleive Stevie Perryman was also a one hit wonder.....mega disgrace, whilst Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and Kieran Dyer all got more than him

I really wanted to let this go, but I've had a drink and I can't, only 1 played for Man U.

England:

Under 21s:

Under 19s:
Winks / Alli

Under 17s:
Edwards / Sterling
That wasn't funny. Where's the pun in that?

Does it only take into account club where player is at when they make their full England debut?

Interesting, but it's not really clear in the article to me.

Imagine just how jingoistically xenophobic those <removed>s would be if they had produced more Eng-er-lund players

Imagine just how jingoistically xenophobic those <removed>s would be if they had produced more Eng-er-lund players

Young players...................English players......................Chelsea...........................

Did Gardener get into the England team once? Or was it just a squad call up?

That was truly mystifying

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom