Spurs official social media team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was thinking mainly about away games as well - all but Woolwich goes to members, Loyalty Points for Season Ticket holders are largely irrelevant.

Seems like everyone feels aggrieved, rather than there actually be anything that has directly effected them.

https://www.thstofficial.com/uploads/2/2/4/9/22491060/lp_summary_2012-2014.pdf

Last season Arse, Fulham and Norwich were ST only. Season before that it was Arse, Fulham, Southampton. This season I expect Chelsea, Leicester, and maybe Burnley too. A lot of the easier-to-get-to European aways go to ST only, as well as any domestic cup aways we get at smaller grounds. So LPs for ST holders are definitely still useful.

Last season Arse, Fulham and Norwich were ST only. Season before that it was Arse, Fulham, Southampton. This season I expect Chelsea, Leicester, and maybe Burnley too. A lot of the easier-to-get-to European aways go to ST only, as well as any domestic cup aways we get at smaller grounds. So LPs for ST holders are definitely still useful.

Can't see Burnley being ST holders. Its fucking miles away and they give you about 4,000 tickets I think.

What makes you think Leicester will be ST only out of curiosity? Member only that is all, but have applied for tickets.

Can't see Burnley being ST holders. Its fucking miles away and they give you about 4,000 tickets I think.
Maybe - it's just the fact that they're newly promoted and the match is near the end of the season and therefore could be crucial (or could be irrelevant!)
What makes you think Leicester will be ST only out of curiosity? Member only that is all, but have applied for tickets.
Newly promoted, and it's Boxing Day. Although I suppose that does mean that the trains won't be running. Depends on allocation, but it'll be popular

is this sarcasm:

B1H1HMpCUAIDcoT.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that the @SpursOfficial twitter feed has been suspiciously silent today.

For some reason, I have been expecting a 'Club Statement' announcement stating something along the lines of:

'Mauricio Pochettino has agreed to leave THFC by mutual consent, ???????????????? will now take charge of the first team coaching, until a new Head Coach is appointed. The club would like to wish Mauricio well for the future and we are very grateful for the work he has done with the first team, during his tenure.'

I am sure the template is saved somewhere and ready to be used at a moments notice.

Has anyone else noticed that the @SpursOfficial twitter feed has been suspiciously silent today.

For some reason, I have been expecting a 'Club Statement' announcement stating something along the lines of:

'Mauricio Pochettino has agreed to leave THFC by mutual consent, ???????????????? will now take charge of the first team coaching, until a new Head Coach is appointed. The club would like to wish Mauricio well for the future and we are very grateful for the work he has done with the first team, during his tenure.'

I am sure the template is saved somewhere and ready to be used at a moments notice.
Todays one of those days where anything they say would result in a thousand tweets back containing the word "cunt"

IT's a 'CUT & PASTE' job I'd imagine...
**INSERT NAME OF LATEST MANAGERIAL CASUALTY HERE**

Tell you what the problem is, it's two fold. Players wages and all seating. That equates to higher prices as you can't pack in as many to pay the players. Whilst most ordinary staff at those clubs are paid minimum wage.

Football is no longer affordable for the loyal fans that used to go week in week out. When I started going it was £1 to stand rising to about £1.50 no Cat A, B, C bollocks. One season I went every home and away game ( travel either by SSC, BR FS or private Van ) and I was doing a weekly paper round of about £5pw plus my pocket readies. Now you have to fork out £57 just for the privilege of being able to obtain a place on the mythical waiting list and maybe getting a ticket for the games others don't want to go.
We may have 60,000 members but they all cannot afford season tickets.
Let's work this out. How much would it cost someone, who hasn't a ST to go to every home game on the cheapest ticket: £734 + the £57 membership = £791, plus expenses say £30 a game food, drink, travel, programme x19 £570. So that's £1,361 for 19 EPL games. It's a lot of money for younger people to find who are just starting out on minimum wage. Someone on the average wage after tax only takes home £300 odd a week. Single, at home, just your bollocks to look after, maybe. But Kid and bills, that's a big chunk.
So, in 1977(excluding expenses) it cost just 0.79% of the annual average wage to attend 19 league home games and in 2014 it has risen to 3.04% of the annual average wage (excluding expenses).
If you go on the cheapest 77 prices, the equivalent today would be about £10 to watch football. About what it costs to watch Dortmund each week.

There is going to be a meltdown in this league we call 'the best in the world' as it's not viable.

When you look at that video above we had just lost 1-0 at home to Man Shitty, again in the dying minutes, but nobody was pissed off that much. They hadn't just done their bollocks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...fore-the-rupert-murdoch-billions-9864052.htmlHere's a great article
Tell you what the problem is, it's two fold. Players wages and all seating. That equates to higher prices as you can't pack in as many to pay the players. Whilst most ordinary staff at those clubs are paid minimum wage.

Football is no longer affordable for the loyal fans that used to go week in week out. When I started going it was £1 to stand rising to about £1.50 no Cat A, B, C bollocks. One season I went every home and away game ( travel either by SSC, BR FS or private Van ) and I was doing a weekly paper round of about £5pw plus my pocket readies. Now you have to fork out £57 just for the privilege of being able to obtain a place on the mythical waiting list and maybe getting a ticket for the games others don't want to go.
We may have 60,000 members but they all cannot afford season tickets.
Let's work this out. How much would it cost someone, who hasn't a ST to go to every home game on the cheapest ticket: £734 + the £57 membership = £791, plus expenses say £30 a game food, drink, travel, programme x19 £570. So that's £1,361 for 19 EPL games. It's a lot of money for younger people to find who are just starting out on minimum wage. Someone on the average wage after tax only takes home £300 odd a week. Single, at home, just your bollocks to look after, maybe. But Kid and bills, that's a big chunk.
So, in 1977(excluding expenses) it cost just 0.79% of the annual average wage to attend 19 league home games and in 2014 it has risen to 3.04% of the annual average wage (excluding expenses).
If you go on the cheapest 77 prices, the equivalent today would be about £10 to watch football. About what it costs to watch Dortmund each week.

There is going to be a meltdown in this league we call 'the best in the world' as it's not viable.

When you look at that video above we had just lost 1-0 at home to Man Shitty, again in the dying minutes, but nobody was pissed off that much. They hadn't just done their bollocks.

Here is a great article that kind of endorses this thought. I made those stats myself by comparing todays price of a ticket to the price of a ticket in 76 to the average annual wages of 76 and now.
Looks like I was well off. It's worse! Only China and Brazil make football less accessible.

Last edited:
To be honest, whoever OK'd TAKE THAT to provide the music to the pre-match Bill Nick tribute montage wants fucking sacking IMMEDIATELY!

seriously, was there really no music of note in the '60s??

You've reminded me of Kings Testimonial where they played 'Read all about it' by Professor Green which is about his Dad's suicide, great choice by Daniel Wynne and the rest of the fuckheads in the media team.

We didn't sell out yesterday. In the prem, against a semi big club.

I think plenty of fans don't go nowadays precisely because of what we've become... a bitter, twisted old shadow of our former selves...
throw in a relegation to sort the wheat out from the chav(sic.) and you'd soon see fans return...
it's just that it would be a different sort of fan! with expectations borne out of reality and history, rather than what Kyle Walker is tweeting about, and Spurs are doing on Fifa Pro these days!

Back
Top Bottom