Spurs signing that excited you most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or I thought Dumitrescu and Popescu were going to be the Romanian version of Villa and Ardiles...

I may have overegged that custard..

Last edited:
Edgar Davids.

Klinsmann was one hell of a signing, but I was too young to realise the significance. Edgar Davids came out of nowhere, and just felt like a top tier superstar back when we were West Ham and West Ham were Luton.

I don’t even remember him being particularly good for us, but he definitely seemed to lift the atmosphere of the club to another level.

That's probably the player i was most pissed off about us selling.As an adult anyway. Jennings as a kid was heart breaking. But i loved watching Waddle for us.I remember a midweek game v Villa and him ripping them a new one.Superb player
Him and Richard Gough. Pretty sure we'd have won a few titles at least if we'd kept those two.

Klinsmann made me stop hating football and finally get on board with the family business of Supporting Spurs

1 year of Klinsman = 25 years of being a fan. Git.

I'll never forget the impact he had on the club and the sheer disbelief when we signed him. Some lovely insight behind the deal in this article.
Still can't forgive him for only giving us one season though. When he left, so many others followed. Probably the only time I agreed with Sugar, very disappointing.

GAscoigne easily. This was the most exciting young player in britain, possible europe at the time. Turned out ot be brilliant, although he was surrounded by shithouses like Fenwick and mitchell thomas. Him and Waddle that first season were incredible. Shame we couldn't keep both for the arrival of Lineker the following year.

Klinsmann and Van Der Vaart are obvious choices, Gascogne too for those older than me, but it’s
Nourredine Naybet for me. I was a huge admirer of those turn-of-the-millennium Deportivo La Coruna sides, and Naybet was their defensive leader. I believed he’d help turn Ledley King from hugely talented but flawed prospect, into a complete defender, and Naybet did exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom