Spurs' Transfer Target Fan Polling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pick maximum of 1 or 2 players per position

• Total voters
Pick max of 1 player per position (or 2 if you think that position is in extreme need...) while taking into account estimated prices. Our budget including player sales (Sanchez 20, Foyth 10, Aurier 10, Winks 15, Alli 25) and a small net spend (20) will be ~£100m.
All players included have been linked to us in media reports.

Last edited:
Crap at these as don 't watch much foreign football so not even heard of some of these. I'd be happy with Andersen, Aarons, Neto and a good young centre forward. Put Neto in there as think we need some creativity. Not sure about Sabitzer,looked good against us but buying 27 yr olds isn't ideal. Suppose if he replaces Sissoko i'm in.

I think Daka will cost north of 35m if he goes anywhere but Leipzig. If he was available to us I'd go for him all day, electric player.

Anderson the CB link I'm most comfortable with.

Excited by Menino. Not seen enough of Emerson. I like Aarons. Not seeing a huge amount of options at RB out there and it's a position we desperately need a first choice starter brought in.

Would be very happy with Sabitzer, Nic Gonzalez, Botman, Vlahovic. Don't want Bale, Vini or Dybala.

I think Daka will cost north of 35m if he goes anywhere but Leipzig. If he was available to us I'd go for him all day, electric player.

Anderson the CB link I'm most comfortable with.

Excited by Menino. Not seen enough of Emerson. I like Aarons. Not seeing a huge amount of options at RB out there and it's a position we desperately need a first choice starter brought in.

Would be very happy with Sabitzer, Nic Gonzalez, Botman, Vlahovic. Don't want Bale, Vini or Dybala.
There have been reports that Daka will be available for £17m. With Covid recession, I don't think his price will be that high given financial struggles of European leagues.

Again massive homegrown issues here unless we manage to sell 4 or 5 foreign trained players.
I've looked into this and found that's not the case at all actually.

I suggest selling 2 English players, Winks & Alli, and they can be replaced in the squad by Sessegnon and Skipp.
People get confused with the U21 thing. We are allowed unlimited U21s in our squad. So even if we are 2 short in homegrown players, we would have a maximum squad of 23 senior players (rather than 25). But then we can add Sessegnon and Skipp to that and make it 25.
We don't need 25+ Sessegnon & Skipp anyway, that's too big.

Last edited:
Daka all day long he is class act and given his age will only get better his stats are phenomenal even if he does play in a shit league he is destined for greatness and it’s been a real cornerstone of the Red Bull brand to identify future world stars at a young age and shift them around between there European clubs and then sell them on for huge profits I’d love him to join Spurs but I can’t see it happening this summer for the 20 million being mooted regardless of finances etc

I've looked into this and found that's not the case at all actually.

I suggest selling 2 English players, Winks & Alli, and they can be replaced in the squad by Sessegnon and Skipp.
People get confused with the U21 thing. We are allowed unlimited U21s in our squad. So even if we are 2 short in homegrown players, we would have a maximum squad of 23 senior players (rather than 25). But then we can add Sessegnon and Skipp to that and make it 25.
We don't need 25+ Sessegnon & Skipp anyway, that's too big.
If we're in Europe its an issue. We had to leave Rodon out of the Europa squad as we had 1 too many foreign trained players. That didn't include Gazzaniga or Foyth as they were on loan. So if we buy 4 or 5 foreign trained players we have to sell 5 or 6 or we're leaving players out of any Eurlpean squad again. Of course the way we're playing that might not be an issue.

If we're in Europe its an issue. We had to leave Rodon out of the Europa squad as we had 1 too many foreign trained players. That didn't include Gazzaniga or Foyth as they were on loan. So if we buy 4 or 5 foreign trained players we have to sell 5 or 6 or we're leaving players out of any Eurlpean squad again. Of course the way we're playing that might not be an issue.
It's not an issue as we can just have a smaller squad of senior players, and make up for it with U21s. We have deadweights like Sissoko who shouldn't even be in the squad even if we can't sell him.

Which leads to a dreadful atmosphere and any new manager fielding constant calls from pissed off agents and players. We've had this issue for years and need to sort it once and for all.
Agree it's an issue; we need to start selling our deadweights.
But in pure footballing terms, we'd be completely fine with an Europa squad of 22 senior players with Skipp and Sessegnon added. That gives us room to sell 3 HG players if needed.

Back
Top Bottom