Spurs v Norwich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or you could just write in English rather than pidgin. But I know I'm going to lose this one so I humbly concede.

Im not one to sit there and write "FYI" "IIRC" "BFF" and all that stuff, but I'll be fucked before I write out in full "Premier League" or "Capital One Cup" every five minutes on a forum.

Just fucking work it out....hilarious scenes

The abbreviations (some at least) are creeping in to modern parlance already, no thanks to @ sammyspurs sammyspurs .

A mates ex a few years back sat in a bar with us and said something like "L.O.L" like a Californian teen (she was about 32 at the time)

I just looked at her in disgust and told her I dont do internet forum talk in real life. Its nearly as bad as baby talking.

No problem with it when people type it though, which is the whole point. Cant see why anyone would go nuts because people write "CL" on a football forum..?

I would've saved myself a lot of time and energy if I had understood the clue and walked away from someone the first time she said 'bee tee dubs'.

Not so much about abbreviations but does anyone else hate the use of sponsor's names for competitions in general? It wasn't the Carling Cup (or CC), it's not the Capital One Cup (or C1C or COC), it's the fucking LEAGUE CUP. Don't even get me started on "BPL"...

Good ticker tape, @ 1882 1882 , but I don't think your Ledley song will ever take off.

Nah, neither do I... If it didn't take off in his entire career, it's hardly gonna be a resounding hit now he's retired?
....bloody John Terry's fault innit!

Ta for the ticker-tape review...
Still plenty left for the next one!

Only just caught the highlights on MotD and fuck me that was sexy football. Soldado looked on fire, Eriksen seemed to have superb composure and vision, and Siggy played very well as well.

Glad we had that performance after the internationals otherwise the melters would've been out in full force..

Back
Top Bottom