Spurs v Saints

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First half, one of the worst home crowds I've experienced (and it's been pretty bad of late) with the saints fans totally mugging us to no reply. People barely wanted to join in and would rather sit with arms crossed shouting abuse. The worst thing is the amount of boos and heckling our own fans gave Ade when he came on, I mean, how the fuck is that going to help anything by making him feel bad? Thankfully he put in a shift and it sparked things in the crowd and on the pitch. Saints were really impressive and made us hoof the ball for 70 minutes, but we deserved it because we scored and didn't concede.
We'll up our game against Chelsea, I'm sure.

Well dones to the chaps.

so wes won more than the 2.178 points we needed to get to 69.84 pointses by the end of the season.

So everyone is happy with then.

Right?

:adeohshit: :adelol: :adestare: :ade: :adegrin2: :adegrin: :adebaehug:

:freundgoal:

First half, one of the worst home crowds I've experienced (and it's been pretty bad of late) with the saints fans totally mugging us to no reply. People barely wanted to join in and would rather sit with arms crossed shouting abuse. The worst thing is the amount of boos and heckling our own fans gave Ade when he came on, I mean, how the fuck is that going to help anything by making him feel bad? Thankfully he put in a shift and it sparked things in the crowd and on the pitch. .

I had (shall we say) a disagreement with someone in the PL lower about EXACTLY this! He was proper going mental and booing as Ade came on - I politely pointed out that booing REALLY isn't helping, boo him at the end of the season all you want, in the privacy of your own little 'boo dungeon' where I don't have to hear it, (I didn't say that to him, obviously) it was more like; "Oh come on, don't fucking boo NOW!"

I hasten to add, this guy was also asking who wanted to give him £45 for his Chelsea ticket on or around the 80 minute mark, as he'd given up all hope...
5 minutes later, BALE happened, and I can only assume he is more than happy to go along to Stamford Bridge after all!

2 things that struck me at the time (apart from the fact I hope he isn't someone on HERE!)

Firstly, if he can accumulate enough loyalty points to QUALIFY for a Chelsea ticket, then I can only assume he attends most games, and is indicative of SOME of the 'support' around WHL these days... Yes, their attendance isn't in question, as they're ALWAYS there, and yet they're more than happy to boo and complain.. every week!

Then there is the nagging doubt I should've bitten his hand off for that ticket while he was prepared to 'cash out' with 10 mins to go!!

I only hope he left 6 minutes early in his fit of rage and missed the goal! To be honest, I couldn't tell you if he was there or not when the goal went in, I was too busy celebrating and lobbing newspaper up in the air!

Didn't get to go or even watch yesterday and had to rely on people texting me updates.

From the jist of the above few pages it sounded like one of those days where too many of our boys weren't on their game. What seems disappointing is that by the sounds of it Southampton were a lot more up for it than us which is inexcusable.

The impression I get from the thread is that Ade (despite his unpopularity) was more effective than Defoe? Is that fair to say?

Here's hoping ALL the lads buck up their ideas and get pumped for Wednesday. Humongous game. Can't wait (altho bricking it).

Fooking gutted woolwich won like jammy gits AGAIN. I naively thought QPR might actually turn it on and nab a draw which would've meant a draw for us at the bridge would've been enough (alofg with winning our last 2).

COYS

Didn't get to go or even watch yesterday and had to rely on people texting me updates.

From the jist of the above few pages it sounded like one of those days where too many of our boys weren't on their game. What seems disappointing is that by the sounds of it Southampton were a lot more up for it than us which is inexcusable.

The impression I get from the thread is that Ade (despite his unpopularity) was more effective than Defoe? Is that fair to say?

Here's hoping ALL the lads buck up their ideas and get pumped for Wednesday. Humongous game. Can't wait (altho bricking it).

Fooking gutted woolwich won like jammy gits AGAIN. I naively thought QPR might actually turn it on and nab a draw which would've meant a draw for us at the bridge would've been enough (alofg with winning our last 2).

COYS

I think PART of the reason they didn't seem up for it, was BECAUSE they had one eye on Wednesday... which, like many league games directly before a 'Cup Final' it happens.
We've been hearing how the next 3 games are all Cup Finals, well maybe the players truly believe it, and treated yesterday as a pre-Cup Final(s) warm-up... whilst not totally professional, is also perfectly human to cast your eye on what's next... fook me, after yesterdays' game, the Chelsea thread popped up quicker than Walcott's goal!! (...and I wasn't even out of the fucking ground when that went in!)

Don't get me wrong, we lucked out yesterday, and won on an off-day... which, dare I suggest ArseAnal ALSO did... and yet their below-par 1-0 win is somehow the hallmark of (next year's) Champions do... hell, Man Utd have won enough games when not playing well to fucking TradeMark the idea!

Yes, we weren't great, but WE WON! We've all been at games down the years (and, ahem, one or two early this) where the poor performance is matched by the infuriating result!
Well maybe, just maybe the tide IS turning... and after seeing us get what we 'deserve' so often, and wondering why other teams somehow win, when not deserving to, it's OUR turn to fluke a Champions League place at the expense of another much more deserving team!

It's happened before! (ie; every other year that WE'RE not in it!)

:levystare:

Whilst we didn't look great by any stretch yesterday we have to give Southampton credit. Going into this game we all knew that this was to be a test as they play football (don't park the bus etc..). They have beaten Chelscum, Lolerpool and Citeh this season, following their unlucky defeat away to ManU Fergie said 'we were a bit lucky. I thought Southampton, in the second half, gave the best performance anyone's given here this season.'
As for their fans, respect......I was very supprised with their allocation and surprised just how great they were, non-stop all game, even during halftime! Trying hard to think of a better away support in the prem this season???
I have NEVER seen a Spurs side win so many games when we should have drawn or lost and I have never seen a Spurs side nick so many last minute goals as this team and I FUCKING LOVE IT!! This is called a winning mentality, United have been doing this year after year after year and everyone praises them for it. Reading the comments on here you would have thought we lost and handed over the 4th place trophy to the scum and chelski. Right now who gives a shit how we do it? It's not the time to bitch, moan or even reason. Our boys are doing the business on the park, it's time as fans we do the same.

Yesterday reminded me of early in the season when we were acclimating to all the change.

I wonder if AVB has been tinkering...

Still so pissed off with clattenburg, it's not that he particularly fucked us - just that he manages to ruin every game he refs with shit decisions for both teams.

Back
Top Bottom