SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not in the least bit confused. You called out the article as embbarassing because you think we played like minnows.

I wrote some feelings down as to why people are proud of the performance, and especially of the defensive display, not despite it.
you said
It pointless to keep saying "I know its early in Pochs reign........" but then continuing to belittle the performance.

which I haven't done, so you must have been talking about someone elses post

It might be exactly what you misrepresented it to be - but Sammy, you have misunderstood what I have said, and are now attacking me for them.

No wonder you piss people off and get into fucking protracted arguments.

Im not attacking anyone. Im sorry if you feel attacked by me disagreeing with you. Thats life, and thats your issues. Not for me to tread on eggshells if you are too easily offended. Ive said nothing remotely aggressive towards you.

I have not misinterpreted you either. You said the other day it was time we all accepted the gulf in talent pool.
Now you are crtitically comparing our performance to what the likes of WBA and Stoke have done to us in the past.

Last edited:
Im not attacking anyone. Im sorry if you feel attacked by me disagreeing with you. Thats life, and thats your issues. Not for me to tread on eggshells if you are too easily offended. Ive said nothing remotely aggressive towards you.

I have not misinterpreted you either. You the other day it was time we all accepted the gulf in talent pool.
Now you are crtitically comparing our performance to what the likes of WBA and Stoke have done to us in the past.
nope
got that wrong too
I'm not offended Sammy - I'm not the one struggling to comprehend anything

nope
got that wrong too
I'm not offended Sammy - I'm not the one struggling to comprehend anything

Spell it out then Mick:

As far as I can make out, you wanted a more aggressive and attacking display from us.
Yet you think there is a gulf in talent between the two squads.

Im simply questioning why you are so perplexed that we "played like WBA and Stoke" have against us, if you believe they have far superior players.

I dont see how you can think that we could have got anymore out of the game by attacking them.
And I mean you. You are the one who thinks there is a gulf in talent.

Spell it out then Mick:

As far as I can make out, you wanted a more aggressive and attacking display from us.
Yet you think there is a gulf in talent between the two squads.

Im simply questioning why you are so perplexed that we "played like WBA and Stoke" have against us, if you believe they have far superior players.

I dont see how you can think that we could have got anymore out of the game by attacking them.
And I mean you. You are the one who thinks there is a gulf in talent.
I'm not perplexed about anything Sammy - you are the one struggling.
I fully understand why we played like we did, and I believe (and have said) that we did a good job of it - with several players playing above the standards I expected of them, I am in no area of doubt - nor do I question the decision to play that way - because (as I said) there is a discrepancy between the sides, that we could only overcome by a massed defensive display, with sporadic outbreaks of attacking.
I (wistfully) said that I would rather it not be the way we have to play (yearning for Bales, Modrics, VDV's, Kings etc etc) but fully accept that we have to cut our cloth etc etc
I have never been perplexed about emulating the defensive attitudes that have served lesser opponents (than ourselves), but you - because you misconstrued pretty much everything I have said, can't resolve the apparent dichotomy.
I am prepared to accept that, what I thought was self evident in my posts, may not have been as clear to other readers, so am prepared to shoulder part of the comprehension issues, and am now spelling it out, as per request.
My final point was that all too often on this and other sites, spurs supporters (not necessarily you by the way - I have no recollection of you doing so) have banged on about the lesser clubs playing in this way against us - and so when the lengthy article that Singh yid posted came up, I pointed out that it was embarrassing that we were now posting diatribes eulogising the tactic as if it were an honour roll of Victoria cross winners at Rourke's Drift.
I am quite prepared to accept that you don't feel the same way. You have done this (persistant nit-picking and criticising posters for things you misunderstood in their posts) to several other posters on multiple occasions in the past, and seem to get embroiled in lengthy and often rancorous disputes that end up in name calling and abuse. I even know of an excellent poster who quit the site because of it.
I'd rather not go down that route, so if its all the same to you - this is the end of it (this subject) for me, I'd rather not try to make any further attempts to explain myself to you, or defend myself against your flawed understanding of what I have said.

I hope it's true, I hope it can be proved that it was a goal.
God that will piss them off, some may even spontaneously combust.

I really don't... 'cos the return game at the Lane will be ALL about THAT 'goal' and ArseAnal's revenge... and justifying their place in putting the football History books 'right'... and bollocks to all the 5-2 pastings and them winning the league twice at The Lane, no, THEY need revenge for a goal that wasn't even a goal, 'cos some twit on twatter decided it was, and started a fucking campaign!

All I hope for, is by the time they come to The Lane, they're on their knees in the league, can't take any more punishment, and we strike the final blow... like Rocky balboa on the ropes, except he doesn't get up!
fuck 'em and their Lasagne-shitting-match-fixing-ex-Chairman-even-though-that-last-statement-might-not-necessarily-be-true!!

This is what you wrote - I asked how did he change the 'style'? Pathetic insults - top level debate as usual.
Sorry to butt in, but I am! I think he said that Poch has a plan B and can change his style, as he did on Saturday.
You then said, how did he change the 'style and formation" as he played virtually the same 11 as last 6 weeks.

Well, he may have started with virtually the same formation; however formation was not mentioned by S.L.R. You mentioned the formation. However, Poch did change the style. That was evident for all to see. Even the Arse-holes.
All I have been hearing is how they find it disgusting that a team who have spent £100m didn't come and have a go.
When really they should find it disgusting that a team who have spent £125m in two seasons (spending £86m net) could not find a way to break down an 'inferior' team who have spent £135m ( making 2m net) in two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom