Spurs v Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

by drwinston001 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:52 am
"never going to win this game...... NEVER going to win.....if we do win.....It'll be too confusing for me to contemplate......"

by kushty » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 am
I hope you end up eating those words!

BON APPÉTIT
lol

Great game yesterday...Ade needs to finish better...his overhead kick was awesome...I cant believe how Azza has matured...good going Azza...Benny was consistent as always...And Kaboul..how immense was he..take a bow son...

Also did anybody think the camera angle was a bit weird...In India they show it on ESPN and there broadcasting is pretty awesome...dont know what happened yesterday...

Last night was great. I was acting humble when gooners and chavs at work were saying Villa will be tough, but to be honest, I've always hated the way Villa were so ridiculously overrated in that season when they were good up until March, yet everybody is so slow to credit us that I'm STILL getting loads of comments at work that imply we are not on the same level as the scum and Liverpool.

Tough to pick out certain players when the team as a whole is playing so well, but Parker, Bale, Adebayor were probably the best three for me.

25 points from 27 available now? Something like that. We need to keep this up for as long as possible. West Brom will be tough, but we should be decapitating Bolton at the Lane. Feels good right now to be a yid.

I don't know if it was picked up on tv, but one thing I thought was great was when Rafa was subbed, Parker ran 20 yards to catch up with him and pat him on the back and say well done.

He also ran to have a word with Friedel about his distribution.

Leader

Modric had a great game too and was taking on players with confidence. I really hope we can stay above Chelsea and show him he has made the right move staying. Looked like his old self

jemain defoe (15mins) > darren bent (90mins)

Didn't want to make kiss of death comment by mentioning this before the game was over.

Sibs said:
I don't know if it was picked up on tv, but one thing I thought was great was when Rafa was subbed, Parker ran 20 yards to catch up with him and pat him on the back and say well done.

Didn't see that on TV. What a guy :parker:

BTW, I want to see BAE sprting that hair against everton, just to see what happens when he and Fellani go up for a header together.

It could be like a bill and ted style "Station" moment.

:bae2:

Sibs said:

He also ran to have a word with Friedel about his distribution.

Leader

Modric had a great game too and was taking on players with confidence. I really hope we can stay above Chelsea and show him he has made the right move staying. Looked like his old self
Leadership is a quality, not a title or a position. And parker is demonstrating it with performances rather than sound bites.

I think we can safely say that he has categorically proven a lot of us wrong. And I for one am happy to admit that.

Thing is we all knew Harry wanted him at the club ever since he didn't go to the World Cup, as he kept banging on about the fact that he was suprised he didn't go, for ages he was saying 'what I'm hearing in the camp is that he has been the best player in training by far'.

It became his mantra for a while, and was almost like england's failure was down to not picking the right or in form players, 'cause he'd never do that. :innocent:

Someone was saying to me last night that since Parker has come into the starting 11 Ledleys activity over 90mins has decreased by like 40% or something!!! He has been outstanding and he has had a huge impact all over the pitch.

I take everything back i ever said about Scott Parker being a shit player and a big fish in a small pond when he was with west ham. Scott Parker you are officially my new favourite player. Pure class!!!

Also saw adebyor tracking back to our own half way line to make tackles.

That alone really pisses off goons as apparently he never did that before. Might be worth pointing out today casually to any goons that you didn't realise he was disciplined in doing that. Turning the knife and all that.

Sibs said:

^^^ Spot on.

Parker also jogged over to Modric when he was taken off just to pat him on the bum, someone nearly had to catch me.

I'm not sure I've seen a better Spurs performance or a worse Villa/visiting team performance than last night.

Nothing should be taken away from Spurs who are becoming boner inducingly good. I know it's been said many times before on this forum but Scott Parker is simply outstanding. Talk about maturing as a footballer.

During the whole Modric thing someone I know said to me he doesn't assist or score goals so he's not all that. Incredible to think there are people out there who go home and away and have done for decades and they still can't spot world class talent. Mr Levy, I salute you.

Kaboul = better than Dawson and always has been.

I'm starting to develop a little bit of a gay man crush on Kyle Walker too.

The whole team from back to front was superb although I would've liked to really go for the jugular and finish them off in spectacular style to make people who haven't done so yet really sit up and take notice.

PS, if in a few years time it came out that last night's game was fixed would anyone be surprised? Villa had less fight in them than Wigan did when they got beat 9-1. They should be ashamed of themselves.

3 players have made a massive difference for us.

Parker - well, you can see it for yourself. Leadership, determination, positioning. just doing the simple stuff well.

Adebayor - When Pav plays shit but scores a goal people bum him saying "he scored, what moer do you want" - well, to do well AS A TEAM, everyone needs a forward who can pull defenders out of position, hold up the ball, win a header and run the channels. Pav does none of that and never will. Ade does all of that and you can see the difference in our play when the ball goes up to him and he actually holds on to it and brings other players in to play. Exactly what we have been needing since Berbatov left.

and finally, Ledley - the guy is just immense, not only his performances but the confidence he oozes which seems to rub off on other players.

Oh yeah - and Brad, almost forgot about him - Gomes who??

It made a change to watch with a smile on my face for the last 20 minutes rather than be bricking it that we were going to concede an equaliser.

3 shots they had apparently, I only remember the header Bent had which was pretty much a pass back.

Domination.

Did anyone else notice one moment with Lennon where he was on the right wing (2nd half I think), he had the ball and there wasnt really anywhere to go. Then he took on the full back and beat him quite easily, but it almost seemed like he suprised himself. Some of us go on about how he should do it more often, I just thought it was funny how he was faced with no other option as there was nobody to pass to so he took him and and roasted him. Hope to see more of that

Back
Top Bottom