Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko cost 30 million...... I think
makes the point, doesnt it. wrong player for a big fee. and cost 3 times what Eriksen did.

I dont get why people are more interested in a big fee than the right player, unless its so they can boast about it in the playground/by the water cooler, or wherever. Sissoko cost twice Eriksen and Alli combined. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Eriksen and Alli were the better signings

makes the point, doesnt it. wrong player for a big fee. and cost 3 times what Eriksen did.

I dont get why people are more interested in a big fee than the right player, unless its so they can boast about it in the playground/by the water cooler, or wherever. Sissoko cost twice Eriksen and Alli combined. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Eriksen and Alli were the better signings
Doesn't it just make the point that the market for football players is a very strange one? It does not behave as economists would normally expect a market to work.

Doesn't it just make the point that the market for football players is a very strange one? It does not behave as economists would normally expect a market to work.
I think it's because they are humans, and humans can do extraordinary things - not robots that just do the same thing to the same standard every time

Of course Eriksen and Dele were the better signings but we didn’t know that at the time as both were unproven

I agree we paid too much for Sissoko but that was in a totally different inflated transfer market

As you know I like Sissoko but am aware of his limitations
Keep him out of either penalty area, let him run about a bit, covering and tackling up and down the pitch and he does a job which neither Eriksen or Dele does
But that’s ok as both of them bring other skills to our side
It’s about balance and Poch is getting it right but plenty to do yet

your right, it doesnt. which i why i dont fuss if a playercosta snickers bar. its oif he is the right player that counts

there are others that seem to worry more about what was paid, as if it's the main indicatior of quality.

your right, it doesnt. which i why i dont fuss if a playercosta snickers bar. its oif he is the right player that counts

there are others that seem to worry more about what was paid, as if it's the main indicatior of quality.
I agree, for example did we pay too much for Wilson Palacios?
Based on his ability probably, based on our need at the time definitely not.

May I point out that Lloris made some important saves for a below average Spurs performance. And VORM would have cost Tottenham this match had he played. He did in the FA Cup semi final.

Poch doesn't get everything right, and has his favourites, including his love-affair with Sissoko who booted it into row Z from point blank.

You cannot be sentimental in the big games, and playing Vorm was a terrible error which even the Sky commentator Bill Leslie said "It raised a few eyebrows".

Playing Vorm because he played the early rounds against Rochdale, etc, when they had much more important games in the PL and Champs League, was a stupid decision.

May I point out that Lloris made some important saves for a below average Spurs performance. And VORM would have cost Tottenham this match had he played. He did in the FA Cup semi final.

Poch doesn't get everything right, and has his favourites, including his love-affair with Sissoko who booted it into row Z from point blank.

You cannot be sentimental in the big games, and playing Vorm was a terrible error which even the Sky commentator Bill Leslie said "It raised a few eyebrows".

Playing Vorm because he played the early rounds against Rochdale, etc, when they had much more important games in the PL and Champs League, was a stupid decision.
But you constantly talk about the media having an agenda against Spurs...have you thought that perhaps Bill Leslie or whoever you are on about may have also been stirring the pot?

I still don't get this - how exactly did Vorm cost us in the FA Cup Semi Final? He made some decent saves, and both goals were going past any keeper. Same would have happened with Hugo. Seems to be an agenda against him which is pretty unfounded in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom