Spurs Videos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, I have searched this website high & low & haven't found it yet, so excuse me if it has already been posted (it really needs to be on every Spurs site, if not the front page!)

Most Spurs fans haves seen the typical Hoddle video - his wonderful goals and a few highlights, but to those of us lucky enough to have witnessed him live Hoddle was SO much more than even these great snippets.

Fans can be smitten by a little bit of skill or a great goal, but Hoddle is still the only player who could make me fall in love with football over a pass, & he did it pass after pass, game after game.

No video has quite managed to capture this, until this one was posted a few months ago. In my opinion, EVERY Spurs fan needs to watch this video &, not only will they remember or realise just how good Hoodle was, they'll feel all the more love for Spurs for giving him his stage.

Having listened to Micky Hazard on the recent podcast, I had to give this another watch & then felt compelled to share the video with as many as possible (great goal on 9:40 Micky!). It truly is special (except for that slightly annoying trance music! It is well edited tho & does change to the infinitely better Stone Roses halfway through!). Even by about the 4th clip in I am struggling to hold back the tears (I know, it's too much, but you just do not see football played like this anymore and it is just magical. It is why I love the game & love Spurs. You have to think, Hod did this with a heavy, leather ball on pitches that might as well have been recently ploughed. Incredible.)

It's also worth bearing in mind that, these days, many football stars get youtube video compilations and yet, with all the cameras we have at grounds these days, many struggle to compile more than 5min, 10min max, of real quality moments. Hoddle, playing over 30 years ago in games with only a couple cameras present (if lucky) & usually untelevised, has over 15min of genius here. Huge props must go to the man who put this together.

Here it is, sit back & enjoy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom