Spurs Videos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Found this video clip by mistake (!)

Big Match best goals of the season, 1973.

Don Rogers of Palace won it, didn't stop them being relegated btw.

No. 4, John Pratt - yes, you read that right. Absolute belter and a great bit of passing to set it up.
No. 3, Charlie George while still at the Goons. Credit where it's due, fabulous volley, the sort the Glenn used to score. He got a similar one v Forest or MUFC, I forget.

Enjoy:

Was that the match when the Lino and the Ref were related? The latter was an Italian Politician, so clearly up for a bribe. 1974 this was, happened all the time. A year earlier Juventus had bribed the ref (proved later on) in their match with Clough's Derby County to knock them out of the European Cup semi.

I've looked at that goal on 6.40 and of course no way should that have been disallowed. That was probably what Terry Naylor referred to when he said we were reffed out of it.

Found this video clip by mistake (!)

Big Match best goals of the season, 1973.

Don Rogers of Palace won it, didn't stop them being relegated btw.

No. 4, John Pratt - yes, you read that right. Absolute belter and a great bit of passing to set it up.
No. 3, Charlie George while still at the Goons. Credit where it's due, fabulous volley, the sort the Glenn used to score. He got a similar one v Forest or MUFC, I forget.

Enjoy:

JP scored some cracking goals for us over the years - the two at Notts County spring to mind.
The thing I liked about about him, was that no matter how many shots ended up in the crowd or how much he was slagged off by the fans, he never gave in and was always prepared to have a pot shot the next time.

Thanks for that, just the antidote required for nearly all the other threads at the moment!
I was there that night - right at the front of the shelf. So was my ex - when he was a Spammer! 🤭

Was also there front of the shelf, level with the edge of the penalty area near the Spam fans. Best view in football and a great game with an electric atmosphere. Give me 86/87 any day

Was also there front of the shelf, level with the edge of the penalty area near the Spam fans. Best view in football and a great game with an electric atmosphere. Give me 86/87 any day
I loved my view from the front of the shelf. I was in the season ticket enclosure but I used to stand as far towards the Park Lane as I could. I'd get to the turnstile at 1pm to make sure that no-one would get in front of me. It used to take two or three games to condition myself to standing for all that time :).
I agree that it was the best view in the ground, I wouldn't have swapped it for the chairman's seat. I could see the play develop but close enough to see the players' faces. Some wonderful memories.

I loved my view from the front of the shelf. I was in the season ticket enclosure but I used to stand as far towards the Park Lane as I could. I'd get to the turnstile at 1pm to make sure that no-one would get in front of me. It used to take two or three games to condition myself to standing for all that time :).
I agree that it was the best view in the ground, I wouldn't have swapped it for the chairman's seat. I could see the play develop but close enough to see the players' faces. Some wonderful memories.

Yep i used to love standing there too and then as usual some greedy bastard chairman (Scholar I think) comes along and ruins it by building a few executive boxes drastically reducing capacity for the average fan and ruining one of the best stands in football. Archibald Leitch would have turned in his grave- but that’s progress apparently 😮

Last edited:
Used to stand under the shelf, as far back as possible, one section along from the Park Lane. Can't remember what number it was????
A good view as well.

Back
Top Bottom