Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What like Chelsea (the league winners) and woolwich (the FA cup winners)? That’s a pretty easy thing to deny.

No im talking about City, Pool and Man Utd overtaken us this season. They have, no doubt about it. They done better than us in the league and the cups.

I mean no one would deny that Chelsea and Woolwich have gone backward. But why do people say that about them? The same argument/reasoning has to apply to us.

We're 4th best team in the country last year we were arguably 2nd, definitely 3rd.

Thats what im saying.

I didn’t see a dismal performance - but we were just missing the final pass, bit of control in or around the box. Brighton played well - making it a hard fought game. Too often people disregard the efforts of the opposition - nothing can be taken for granted as even City were just a penalty kick away from losing to Palace. Wanted to win but kind of glad Brighton are a point closer to safety.

Wanyama - Sissoko is not a midfield I want to see again - even though neither were particularly poor their style is so bloody similar theres no variety in there, has to be one or the other with Moose or Winks if fit to give us something else... and if Moose is off/unfit a replacement needs to be priority numero uno in the summer.

Generally flat performance apart from in very small patches, Kane clearly not fit, Brighton defended well and were looking for the ball over the top all the time. Pitch didnt help us either given our style, but they had to deal with it too (less of a problem with the ball over the top thing). Nothing else to see here.

No im talking about City, Pool and Man Utd overtaken us this season. They have, no doubt about it. They done better than us in the league and the cups.

I mean no one would deny that Chelsea and Woolwich have gone backward. But why do people say that about them? The same argument/reasoning has to apply to us.

We're 4th best team in the country last year we were arguably 2nd, definitely 3rd.

Thats what im saying.

City definitely, but the other two? Debatable. And last year how is 2nd debatable? We were 8 points clear of City and 10 clear of Liverpool. How is that even arguable?

Spurs have a massive problem in both full wing back positions. Rose may never reach his best again, we sold Walker. It's a massive weakness highlighted Saturday night and tonight. Sissoko and Wanyama are pretty average clumsy backward players. Dembele is brilliant but wants out. As for Lloris, I would not rank him in the top 5 premiership keepers. We have problems.

Are you deluded?

So youre saying that .City, Pool and Man Utd havent done better than us in the league and cups(overall)?
City & pool have. If we don't win the fa cup then utd too. Still, 4th best overall is pretty good.

The fucking melting over an away point against a hard working, well organised side. Whilst making 6 changes with a semi final on Saturday.

Don’t be self entitled lads we haven’t even been good for that long.

City definitely, but the other two? Debatable. And last year how is 2nd debatable? We were 8 points clear of City and 10 clear of Liverpool. How is that even arguable?

When I say arguable I mean you could argue a strong case for it. Like you just did.

But you realize that Man Utd are still in the FA cup and got knocked out the Champions league the same stage as us and Liverpool are still in the Champs league?

First of all, I'd like to say that I don't think we are falling apart nor that we have crisis or anything. We are team in good form and have done superbly since the 1st loss to ManCity. Following comment is only about today's performance.

Well, this was a rubbish game. Really dull watching. Not enough spark and very little idea how to break down their defence. I think our performance in their box can be summed up with compilation of our attacks in region from 70th to 78th minute or so when the ball rolled back from foot of our player to their goalkeeper very slowly and safely. When we got to the decisive positions we always needed 2 or 3 extra touches and dribbled ourselves into the corner.

On the plus side - we were quite solid in the defence, if we don't consider this Aurier individual brainfart. That decision cost us 2 points, but other than that we managed to contain them. Midfield was doing well controling the tempo of the game but offered too little going forward. It kind of emphasized how much we need Dembele. Sissoko just does not cut it - he had some decent moves today, but some equally sloppy ones. Wanyama has not hit the form, but I am confident that he will be much better next year, now he just don't have required sharpness.

Well but the good news is that even with this one (rather frustrating) evening we have already gathered more points away from home during this year than Scum has :D so at least that much relief :D

When I say arguable I mean you could argue a strong case for it. Like you just did.

But you realize that Man Utd are still in the FA cup and got knocked out the Champions league the same stage as us and Liverpool are still in the Champs league?
Yes I do realise, but finishing 8 and 10 points respectively above the teams mentioned doesn’t really brook any argument - and a +60 GD says a lot. This season is admittedly much closer, but going backwards is too strong a statement imo.

Back
Top Bottom