Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dare I mention that Dele would have perhaps made a difference, running into their packed 18 yard box, loads of chances to get tripped, fouled or whatever.

All If's, buts and maybe's. Thought our midfield looked out of ideas and reminded me of how we used to be against a highly defensive team.

Agreed, I was thinking that - Dele would've suited last night.

It's another lesson, the players should have footwear to cope with it. Someone needs to asses things before kickoff and make the necessary changes... I know players don't want their studs caught as this can lead to injury but it was like they were playing on a skating rink

It was happening to their players as well, and they play on it every week.

Agreed, I was thinking that - Dele would've suited last night.

Lucas was doing that however nobody was running off him and their defence was packed. Again we have another game where we dominate possession, but against teams looking for a point, sitting deep we struggle. I believe we need to mix things up, we have the legs and ability to win the ball back so against teams like this perhaps we need more variation, long diagonal balls, over the top, pushing players out wide to create space...

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"
look at your last line. its a spurs forum.
are you a fucking idiot, or are you just a typical scouser..believes the hype that everything you say is funny.

mind you, fucking idiot covers typical scouser too

If we are one of the big boys then performances like last night are not acceptable. Especially on the back of the weekend.

Always feel apprehensive when we make changes, the team seems disjointed. Aurier has been here long enough to know he must not let his man get behind him, yet still it happens.
Brighton performed heroics last night but we still can't find an answer to packed defences, you could reach out and grab the frustration in the ground last night.
As for Sissoko, the man cannot pass a ball. He was stumbling about all night. Got to go.

Still an F A Cup semi on Saturday, surely we must not make it 8 lost in a row?

Loads of teams rotate their full backs, the only ones that don't just don't have good enough players to do it.

Wanyama is just symptomatic of the fitness levels needed to play in pochs system, if a player is out for 2 months or longer then they don't get back to the required level until they've had another pre-season - a strength is also a weakness.

Eriksen was our only playmaker out there, we need minimum two at any one time imo otherwise we ask too much of him.

Kane was having lumps kicked out of him, pretty such Poch only moved him back to protect him for Saturday.

Son looked like he was thinking about the cup, just wasn't putting any effort in. Unfortunately this happens just before big games to lots of players and teams we are no different, watch Liverpool/Salah stop trying close to the CL semi.

Yeah I'm sure a few do rotate, but is it quite as much as Poch? Don't pay much attention to other teams selections I admit. I would just rather he picked one as his #1 and be more consistent.
Don't mess so much with a settled team is all I think in my unprofessional opinion.
Its not just the defense that's changing it has knock on effect with the midfielders in front and their chemistry etc.

I can see your point, and hope you are right regarding Wanyama. Although what about Lamela and Rose (before he got injured again)? My head is gone, I can't think if they had a proper preseason or not. They looked fairly spritely though on return, just a tad rusty.

Perhaps Eriksen missed Dembele a little or Dele too. He is so used to playing with them, perhaps just needs more time to gel with Lucas. The Wanyama / Sissoko partnership didnt really help either.
Bad games are so rare for Eriksen, some times forget he is actually human.

Yeah, poor Kane. He gets batterings every game, he must do kickboxer (Jean Claude van Damme) style training to make his legs so tough!
Most players would be in trouble taking the hits he gets. Him not being full strength just makes me a bit nervous for his health.

To a point it's understandable to have an eye in the cup, and to not want to miss it etc... But there is also a risk of taking things too easy. Fine lines and all that.
The other part, is whether they can raise the levels again to really give their best in the cup... Its more difficult to raise it up a notch or 2 after being down than the other way round.

fucking poor tatste on a spurs forum, Mick.
its akin to going on their site and saying "as the chief constable of south yorkshire police said, cant sit on the fence"

I hate people thinking I’m an over sensitive Jew, as I’m not. I’m fine with the banter and stuff, never bothers me, and to be fair I think this guy was trying to make a joke and just didn’t think. But still, it’s poor taste, let’s just leave it at that

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"
Go away you horrible individual. Acting all nice and reasonable and then finishing off with a comment like that. Shameful.

Back
Top Bottom