Spurs vs Chelsea - The Reckoning

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont like Sarah Winterburn but she makes some decent point at times.

Pisses me off though when people say we lack depth of quality. For fucks sake, BOTH our first choice CMs are out, and we can still play two experienced CMs in the shape of Parker and Hudd, and go to a full strength Chelsea away and get a point.

What team can replace like for like? Twice?

I could understand if we went there with Carroll and Livermore in the middle...

who is sarah winterburn? and is she qualified to make these statements?

She appears to lack eyes, but has a bandwagon ready to roll from the above.

The trouble with relying on Newcastle is that if woolwich beat Wigan then they only need a point against QPR to be safe and have nothing to play for.

The trouble with relying on Newcastle is that if woolwich beat Wigan then they only need a point against QPR to be safe and have nothing to play for.

although, Newcastle play first don't they? So won't have the 'luxury' of knowing what result will 'see them safe'

...in any case, and just to be on the safe side; COME ON QPR!

although, Newcastle play first don't they? So won't have the 'luxury' of knowing what result will 'see them safe'

...in any case, and just to be on the safe side; COME ON QPR!
true, but i'd imagine they are going to beat QPR anyway. We're not going to get any help.

true, but i'd imagine they are going to beat QPR anyway. We're not going to get any help.

It's funny, whilst I wouldn't EXPECT to be able to rely on teams of the quality of QPR/Wigan/Newcastle to 'help us out'... when we had a safe bet and pinned our hopes on a team of the QUALITY of Bayern Munich, they STILL couldn't deliver!

Lesson: DON'T TRUST ANYONE ELSE EVER IN FOOTBALL THAT ISN'T YOUR OWN TEAM... they'll ALL let you down!

Immobile Pair Holding Back Spurs

Sandro is great. Mousa Dembele is great. But beyond that pair, Tottenham have the static pair of Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker. Is that what Wojciech Szczesny meant?

Sarah Winterburn

TN_know_your_limits_women.JPG

Parker was fantastic in the last 20 minutes, before that no one really covered themselves in glory aside from our man up top.

I was playing football yesterday evening, gutted after losing 2-1 and missed the first half of the spurs game but on the way home my dad got the game up on the radio just in time for Adebayor's goal and it just made my day not only Ade' scoring finally, but that at Stamford Bridge at a scoreline of 1-1 the commentators couldnt be heard because of the volume and passion of ''Oh when the Spurs'' being sung.

2-2 is a good result in my opinion as now dont we need to win both games and have Woolwich at least draw one?

Yeah, but then we had the crazy 7 minutes against City and the late goals against Utd, West Ham, Wigan and Southampton which have kept us still in the hunt.

Its also worth remembering that Woolwich were given the 3 points against Norwich a few weeks ago. And I mean GIVEN. The collusion between the officials to gift the cunts a shameful penalty when they were on the verge of defeat reeks of foul play. I`ve watched it over and over again and I am convinced, totally, of a stitch up. Thats the moment that clinched their CL place fellas.

Parker was fantastic in the last 20 minutes, before that no one really covered themselves in glory aside from our man up top.

True. Particularly remember Parker and Siggy running forward like their lives depended on it in the last 20 minutes, was great to see. Obviously it is hard to keep that intensity for 90 minutes but in all honesty, it is the only thing Parker can bring. Just flat out determination.

Incidentally we're not relying on Woolwich to slip up. Two Chelsea draws would do it too (assuming we win both of ours).

Should Chelsea only get a point on the weekend there will be a lot of pressure on them going into the final game needing a win...

On the other hand, if Chelsea beat Villa, it puts Wigan's survival back in their own hands and they could be more motivated against Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom