Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the hell is it with the cheap throwing around of this cliched 'melt' label on here?

I don't think most sensible folk are going over the top about a poxy, meaningless friendly result from our C team.

But, in saying that, it just heightens the annoyance and frustration that we haven't strengthened the squad. Exacerbated by the fact that Poch came out at the end of the season and said we were going to do things differently and not leave it to last-minute.com as always.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and let down by our lack of activity. We haven't even shipped out some of the deadwood!

What the hell is it with the cheap throwing around of this cliched 'melt' label on here?

I don't think most sensible folk are going over the top about a poxy, meaningless friendly result from our C team.

But, in saying that, it just heightens the annoyance and frustration that we haven't strengthened the squad. Exacerbated by the fact that Poch came out at the end of the season and said we were going to do things differently and not leave it to last-minute.com as always.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and let down by our lack of activity. We haven't even shipped out some of the deadwood!

Only a gooner or unbeliever would say that - I’ve got your number.

Only a gooner or unbeliever would say that - I’ve got your number.

Haha! Yeah, those cunts love to get carried away over a pre-season friendly result.
I always remember the time when I overheard two optimistic gooners talking about the upcoming season and one of them said - without a shred of irony - "well, we've won the Emirates Cup so..."

Haha! Yeah, those cunts love to get carried away over a pre-season friendly result.
I always remember the time when I overheard two optimistic gooners talking about the upcoming season and one of them said - without a shred of irony - "well, we've won the Emirates Cup so..."

I think our lot learnt a valuable lesson after the summer of 2008 to never do that again.

I throw around the melting being the combo of this meaningless friendly and the lack of transfers. I think it’s useless and a waste of breath to moan about transfers until the window is over. Even if we signed someone in July Poch wouldn’t consider starting them till at least the end of September. You never know Levy may pull another Van der Vaart like signing out of his ass on deadline day. But if you want to waste your breathe and give yourself a headache moaning, that’s your prerogative

I thought Poch said something about being brave? I took that to mean being more reliant on youth. I may have that wrong.

I don't think the primary problem tonight was the youngsters per se, certainly not the the busy three in midfield anyway. I still like all three of them, and would happily see any of them in the first team rather than the likes of Sissoko.

Eyoma did get caught playing sloppy passes a couple of times, but learning curve and all that.

I thought the biggest issue, once again, was that the front three, Son/Moura/Nkoudou once again offered fuck all, poor movement off the ball and ability to hold the ball or do anything composed. Davies looked like he was wearing concrete boots.

Girona are busy fuckers, and set about us well, and the problem was there was very little outlet for our midfield, as Nkoudou, Moura and Son were invisible. Credit to Girona, the pressed us into mistakes and punished those mistakes.

The game just degenerated once the sub fest began. Never understand why managers do that.

Oracle was actually a specific teletext system used on ITV/C4 (the equivalent of Ceefax on the BBC) - rather than being a predecessor to teletext.

Not that I'm a nerd or anything myself...although I do find myself missing the days of "watching" Spurs on page 303 of Ceefax, and trying to picture how the game was unfolding.

img_6864.jpg

Oracle was indeed a teletext service - but it most definitely was the predecessor to Teletext (with a capital T). Teletext (again not teletext in general but Teletext with a capital T or Teletext Ltd as it were) outbid for the franchise and replaced Oracle in 1992 so Oracle was the predecessor to Teletext (capital T).

Ceefax was the BBC branded teletext (small t so describing teletext as a service rather than big T denoting a brand) all the way through.

I can't believe I replied and I appreciate it's unbelievably sad ..... but hey there's nothing to talk about regarding the football. But then again friendlies are meaningless.

Oracle was indeed a teletext service - but it most definitely was the predecessor to Teletext (with a capital T). Teletext (again not teletext in general but Teletext with a capital T or Teletext Ltd as it were) outbid for the franchise and replaced Oracle in 1992 so Oracle was the predecessor to Teletext (capital T).

Ceefax was the BBC branded teletext (small t so describing teletext as a service rather than big T denoting a brand) all the way through.

I can't believe I replied and I appreciate it's unbelievably sad ..... but hey there's nothing to talk about regarding the football. But then again friendlies are meaningless.

Don’t tell me what I am

It's a Catch 22... we can't/won't shift the 'deadwood' until we have players in to replace the 'numbers' with...
Now it seems there's little time left to do either!

Well.... someone certainly knows their stuff!!!
:pochshock:
I'm impressed ...and also a tad sorry for you!

:llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom