Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=4231, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Lucas, Son][/formation]

Bench - Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Kane.

COYS!!

Last edited:
Inter have really struggled to get going this season.

Spalletti decided not to play his strongest team in the opening few games which saw them drop points. Finally played what most would consider his strongest line up and introduced the likes of Nainggolan and finally got their win and now they lost again today to Parma, 0-1.

They really aren't anything special. They won't look to press us into oblivion like Liverpool did today and we really should be beating them here to be honest. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win. We are a better team and we have better players but as we know it doesn't always work like that.

I would personally go with:

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Son - Lamela - Lucas
Kane

Inter have really struggled to get going this season.

Spalletti decided not to play his strongest team in the opening few games which saw them drop points. Finally played what most would consider his strongest line up and introduced the likes of Nainggolan and finally got their win and now they lost again today to Parma, 0-1.

They really aren't anything special. They won't look to press us into oblivion like Liverpool did today and we really should be beating them here to be honest. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win. We are a better team and we have better players but as we know it doesn't always work like that.

I would personally go with:

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Son - Lamela - Lucas
Kane
Alderweireld has to start, surely

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Lamela - Eriksen - Lucas
Son
If Alli were available I'd have taken Eriksen out as he looks knackered

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Lamela - Eriksen - Lucas
Son
If Alli were available I'd have taken Eriksen out as he looks knackered

You could take Eriksen out and either play Llorente up top with Lamela behind. Alternatively go 3 in midfield, Winks, Wanyama and Dembele then have Son, Lucas and Lamela ahead.

'Knackered' the new buzzword.

Eriksen and Kane don't look knackered. They just look shit. Plain and simple. Let's not sugar coat it - both deserved to be dropped. They won't be.

'Knackered' the new buzzword.

Eriksen and Kane don't look knackered. They just look shit. Plain and simple. Let's not sugar coat it - both deserved to be dropped. They won't be.

Exactly. They won’t. Because we don’t have the necessary quality to replace them. Because we didn’t strengthen the squad. Which you were absolutely fine with during the window. I see you’ve quickly found your old self.

Idiot turncoat.

Exactly. They won’t. Because we don’t have the necessary quality to replace them. Because we didn’t strengthen the squad. Which you were absolutely fine with during the window. I see you’ve quickly found your old self.

Idiot turncoat.

Ey?

If I was dropping them, I'd replace Eriksen with Lamela and I'd replace Kane with Son.

Ey?

If I was dropping them, I'd replace Eriksen with Lamela and I'd replace Kane with Son.

Replacing 1 good player with another good player isn’t exactly enough when they don’t offer the same qualities. You’d think an expert like yourself would know that.

Last edited:
Replacing 1 good player with another good player isn’t exactly enough when they don’t offer the same qualities. You’d think an expert like yourself would know that.
Kane and Eriksen are offering close to absolutely nothing special at the moment. Sure they have different qualities than Son and Lamela, but they're lately showing nothing of them, so replacing either of them with "another good player" in form is gonna add more to our game in any case. Both Sonny and Lamela have proven to be hard working and are too good to just be left out when others are not performing imo. Son has proven multiple times that he's able to step up when some firepower is needed and Lamela did often add that little extra to the game when coming on late.

Kane and Eriksen are offering close to absolutely nothing special at the moment. Sure they have different qualities than Son and Lamela, but they're lately showing nothing of them, so replacing either of them with "another good player" in form is gonna add more to our game in any case.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom