Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven't seen anybody slate Dier the way you've been slating Kane. Just fuck off you disgraceful turncoat, shitty excuse of a supporter

You see and hear what you want.

Don’t worry about Dier, like I said you think you’re on a moral crusade because you think calling Levy a cunt is so much better than me mocking Kane’s form.

I’m not interested in your vitriol, your anger is fake.
You’re here because of Eriksen, and if he leaves so will you.

Silver linings

I understand your point. I just wanted 1 cm in the summer though.
I don't consider 1 signing to shore up depth and quality to be "major surgery".
We are suffering from a lack of in-form or fit options right now.

...2 facets to that.

I wasn't necessarily attributing the 'major surgery' thing to you, but i still dispute the impact anything less than a stellar newbie would have on our current predicament... 5 formations in 6 games with personel changes all over the pitch..... would take some player!

Dembele physical concerns aside, we know each of our CMs to be better than current showings, thus I also maintain 5 CMs IS depth. (Bit like our AMs.... Any more bodies and there's too much bench-time for # 4, 5 & 6 in the pecking order.)

Sure it'd be nice to have the next Dembele simmering away, but again, that's wanting nicer salmon (quality), not being without.

I'm sure a multitude will claim selling Sissoko to part-fund a move was the perfect solution, but evidently Poch has a different view on him.

Said elsewhere in another thread, Dembele staying bought Winks a year to prove that he's the successor of sorts. It's hard to see the club making a significant move in CM dept. until such time as that particular picture becomes clear now (which pressumably was the plan all along once MD decided to stay).

You see and hear what you want.

Don’t worry about Dier, like I said you think you’re on a moral crusade because you think calling Levy a cunt is so much better than me mocking Kane’s form.

I’m not interested in your vitriol, your anger is fake.
You’re here because of Eriksen, and if he leaves so will you.

Silver linings
Went to my first game well before Eriksen joined

I keep hearing about "just 3 or 4 players of quality", but with Zaha @70m and Grielish @40m (the idea of whom was far from universally embraced over the summer, and rightfully so all things considered) how much more above the £110m mark (+ wages!) do peeps expect to be spending in the name of this 'mere' 3 or 4 players?

Virtually no-one (least of all the JTs of this world) ever has the balls to put a £££ to their expectations?

:gallashmm:

(p.s. In before jokes about zero spend... )

I think we expect to be buying one player surely?

Bust up?

A technical decision (the term used by Poch) is a term used in boxing when a fight has to be stopped.
"Technical" in Spanish has a much broader meaning than in English, it could easily cover "tactical" for example, or any vague sense of "not an injury".

To be honest, I didnt think it odd in the slightest when I heard it, only when I saw that forums and social media had picked up on it.

No idea where the cow/train imagery was going mind.

:pochshock2:

Actually he is. Harry Kane is one of our own. Daniel Levy isn't.
Levy’s done more for the club than Kane.
And is a lifelong fan. Kane came through Levy’s academy.

Just facts Bill.

And plus, it’s not about that, it’s about people on a moral crusade trying to decide who they think is fair game to abuse.
You don’t see the difference between “Kane has been shit recently” and “Levy just fuck off out the club you absolute Cunt”

No, no of course you don’t

People can abuse who they want, I’ve seen a lot worse aimed at Dier and Davies and Lamela etc on a regular basis, I mean people are blaming Kane’s form on Dier and Dembele ffs.
Go ahead.....but then don’t come and tell me how to fucking behave.
Dane can shove his prissy little speech where the sun don’t shine to be honest.

Last edited:
Actually he is. Harry Kane is one of our own. Daniel Levy isn't.

Kane's only been here since 2009 .... Levy first tried to buy Spurs in 1988 Five Years Before Kane Was Even Born he tried again in early 2000, he became a Director in late 2000, before finally becoming chairman in 2001 ....

Don't you think that clearly indicates who's more 'one of our own' ....

Last edited:
Kane's only been here since 2009 .... Levy first tried to buy Spurs in 1988 Five Years Before Kane Was Even Born he tried again in early 2000, he became a Director in late 2000, before finally becoming chairman in 2001 ....

Don't be silly , Little Dan use to go to Arse one week and then us . What he is a successful businessman . Empanthy for our micro Dan who is only here to
milk the gravy train is one for the faires . Your be telling us the world is flat next .

I understand your point. I just wanted 1 cm in the summer though.
I don't consider 1 signing to shore up depth and quality to be "major surgery".
We are suffering from a lack of in-form or fit options right now.
You could want 1 more cm or 1 more inch, it will still be a major surgery.

Not taking sides at all but that's a straw man. Levy is 31 years older than Harry.

If Levy had been at the club since age 16 you'd have a point.

Anyway... splitting hairs. I recognise a lot of the good DL has done to this club. Our rise nothing less. Moving stadium has proven time and time again to be one of the hardest things imaginable for a club at the top. He's often a scapegoat for short-term problems and shouldn't be.

Back
Top Bottom