Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can confirm that City fans in America are as vapid and stupid as I assume most City fans are the world over. Probably 60/35 Spurs/City in the stadium, with the other 5% being douchebags in United/Chelsea/Woolwich(!?!?!?!!?) shirts.

Really looked sluggish the whole game, hope we got it out of our system. Not happy about the performance, but if you'd told me about the result before I drove 6 hours each way and spent a good amount on food, hotels, beer and more beer, I'd still go 100% of the time. It was really great seeing Spurs and all the support on this side of the pond.

One thing which was unsettling was how uncomfortable Lloris seemed with the ball at his feet. Vorm did a much better job in that perspective.

Other then that, I wouldn't read much into it. We were building up fitness, didn't invest much offensively and got of the States without injuries bar Wanyama. City were overly motivated and so they should be. Let them have some fun - there defence still doesn't come off as an unit.

One thing which was unsettling was how uncomfortable Lloris seemed with the ball at his feet. Vorm did a much better job in that perspective.

Other then that, I wouldn't read much into it. We were building up fitness, didn't invest much offensively and got of the States without injuries bar Wanyama. City were overly motivated and so they should be. Let them have some fun - there defence still doesn't come off as an unit.

You're only just realising this?

It's the one thing that amazes me coming into Pochettino's fourth year. How we continue to play the ball between our defenders only for it to end up back to Lloris, who we all know is poor with the ball at his feet.

Tell me when we were a huge margin ahead of everyone and then slumped and let Chelsea overtake us?

Because if you can, then that is when we "lost" the league.

IIRC we were always trying to catch up on their amazing start including stopping a huge winning run. We scored more goals, lost less games and played better football.

Oh wait. We were ahead at Stamford Bridge and lost.

Yeah - you're right. We bottled it.
I didn't say we bottled the league? I just meant that over the course entirety of the season we lost the league to Chelsea

He's just another journeyman footballer. You'd be better off cheering ours - than booing the opposition's players.
It's done. He's gone
I get where you're coming from, but he's no journeyman. It's done, he's gone ... but he looked fucking good in their strip last night. Much better than his replacement at RB. I won't cheer or boo the cunt. But it's daft to say he's not going to be missed.

As a City fan, I'd say most of ours are playing for their shirts while your starting 11 is pretty nailed on, can't take too much from the 3 games we've had so far but with another striker to add competition up front and a CB i'm really looking forward to Brighton. I know you've got a new stadium to pay for but Levy seems to be falling into the Arse model of spend nothing and qualification for the Champs League will do every year rather than challenging. Good luck to you next year, obviously just not as much as us, and thanks for Walker.

As a City fan, I'd say most of ours are playing for their shirts while your starting 11 is pretty nailed on, can't take too much from the 3 games we've had so far but with another striker to add competition up front and a CB i'm really looking forward to Brighton. I know you've got a new stadium to pay for but Levy seems to be falling into the Arse model of spend nothing and qualification for the Champs League will do every year rather than challenging. Good luck to you next year, obviously just not as much as us, and thanks for Walker.

What's a Man City fan doing on here? In Levys defence I'd much rather go the way of the scums model than the way of the Leeds model. He's building a wonderful stadium that will propel our club into a new future, one that'll be earnt and be real. I'd love to see a few new signings but never at the expense of the long term safety of the club.

Walker, as far as I'm concerned is no longer holds any association to my club as he bailed out at the poorest of times when on the cusp of something truly remarkable. You're welcome to him but he'll never give a shit about you. The same goes for Pep but all you City fans know this I'm sure

Get the fuck out of here.

This isn't fucking RAWK, Blue Moon, or Red Cafe. Other clubs fans really aren't welcome here.

That's because you've got an endless wad of camel fuckers dosh buying you success for a shit club who can't even fill their own fuck hole .
We've got a tight arsed geriatric dwarf who can't be arsed to watch any games holed up Bond villian style in Bermuda
Opposites don't attract , somewhere in the middle would be a right way , financial doping buys you fat plastic cunts like yourself .

I didn't say we bottled the league? I just meant that over the course entirety of the season we lost the league to Chelsea
You can't lose something you never had. You can go out and win it but we drew too many games
This is why you are a poor supporter, everything is half empty with you. Stick to Danish teams and depress their supporters instead.

I get where you're coming from, but he's no journeyman. It's done, he's gone ... but he looked fucking good in their strip last night. Much better than his replacement at RB. I won't cheer or boo the cunt. But it's daft to say he's not going to be missed.
I didn't say that, so it's unfair to criticise me for it. My point was if you're going to make some noise, do it cheering Spurs players.
He's history. He didn't want what the manager wanted from him, so he had to go.

I didn't say that, so it's unfair to criticise me for it. My point was if you're going to make some noise, do it cheering Spurs players.
He's history. He didn't want what the manager wanted from him, so he had to go.
He's just another journeyman footballer.
That's the bit I'm challenging Mick. It sounds very churlish because it certainly isn't true as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is an established international that had a record breaking price tag for a player in his position.

:eriksenserious:

Did not watch the match but based on past seasons, our style of play based on high energy and high fitness levels takes longer to get players to their peak and it will be September/October before we are firing on all cylinders. Seem to recall Kane has not scored in August yet. Just hope we are not too far behind before we hit top form.

That's the bit I'm challenging Mick. It sounds very churlish because it certainly isn't true as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is an established international that had a record breaking price tag for a player in his position.

:eriksenserious:
a journeyman is someone who travels from one place to another plying his trade. He's above average but certainly not flawless. My grievance was letting him go to a team we will be fighting against all season. If Poch wanted him he would have stayed I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom