Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We laughed out loud out loud out loud at how unbothered Dial Square seemed to be yesterday, how little fight they had in them, but we were every bit as guilty. Poor in the first half, an utter mess in the second. Zero cojones from all of them.

It's beyond astonishing to see people blaming Winks, who came on with what, 15 mins to go and us at 0-2? He was about the only player over the 94 minutes to inject some urgency, and thus bizarrely, given the utter fucking shit elsewhere, a candidate for our man of the match with Hugo, for the pitiful amount that that's worth

Me too but I don’t act like a clown and give other teams fans bait to bash us ove the head with..
A week ago we were top of the league, to me that showed ambition and a poor week will not change my opinion,
Like I said I’m not bothered about other fans. If we are to sacrifice our identity for trophies, at least let’s win some trophies. I’ll be honest mate, I can’t watch this rubbish and pretend I’m enjoying it.

Some people need to learn the difference between melting and justified criticism.

If you're positive about that performance, it's you that is deluded. No one else.

I named 9 games earlier we've performed poorly in.

You shouldn't perform poorly in that many games throughout a whole season if you want to be taken seriously.

Absolutely
The melting on here is off the scale
It isn’t “melting”. That insinuates an overreaction to a singular result.

The reality is that a lot of people saw this coming even when we were winning, understanding the limitation of these tactics and how poor performances against the likes of Burnley, Brighton and WBA was likely to manifest itself in defeat against better opposition.

It’d be great to talk about what you’re seeing tactically that impresses you as opposed to criticising everyone who is dissatisfied as a “melter” like some sort of teenager.

For me, Jose has instilled some defensive solidity and managed the big games well.

Conversely, he has absolutely failed to find the correct tactical formula for games outside of that, and is yet to impose an attacking identity into this team. I’d also like to see him be a little more flexible with his tactics, the low block counter has become somewhat predictable.

It’s pathetic football by a manager who is earning squillions! He decides to play cowardice football against teams who have less experienced managers and teams far less talented than ours. I really don’t get this approach in the EPL now. People who defend this I bet were the first ones complaint about WBA time wasting tactics at Wembley 2017 home game. If they are honest with themselves. Shocking to me the way we play with the players at our disposal.

Shut up you fucking wanker. You belong on Woolwich mania, so fuck off there.

Same rules for us as everyone else.

Liverpool lost 7-2 to Villa and drew with Fulham
Everton lost 4 on the spin
Leicester lost 3-0 to Liverpool and lost to Fulham
We hammered Utd 6-1 and they lost to Woolwich
We beat City and they drew with West Brom and Leeds
Chelsea drew with West Brom and lost 2 on the spin last week.

Today is as much a must win for us as it is for all of them. Mentally we need to win it, but a draw or defeat doesn’t end our chances any more than all the above results ended our rivals.

Back
Top Bottom